Who is your favourite Comedian

Andrew Reeve

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Andrew Reeve said:

All expats of a certain age will remember Dave Allen and his humour was superb

Mate, not all expats are British.  That might be amazing to you, but it's the truth

Edited by MrStretch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Reeve said:

All expats of a certain age will remember Dave Allen and his humour was superb

Les Dawson, Morecambe and Wise, The two Ronnies, Tommy Cooper and Ken Dodd (as already mentioned). All sadly no longer with us. Today's bunch just don't cut the mustard with me, with the exception of Rowan Atkinson (Mr Bean), John Cleese and Jethro from the West Country.

• Like 1

More coming tomorrow, but I am reaching max upload limit, so I will end with a short clip of a very funny Finnish stand-up comedian called ISMO, who performs in English but that outlandish accent is almost 50% of his comic act.  And here he explains how he helped solve Hunger in Africa in this short 1 minute clip > 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Got to be Dave Chappelle... Unfortunately, leftists are trying to ruin comedy.... Everyone is scared to take the piss... In a new world of the permanently offended sjw... 

He's a great as well

Impossible to name 1. Everyone has his strengths and brilliance and was great in his era. Robin Williams was probably the most beloved, potent and brilliant, but also the most flawed. He was probably the one comedian all other comedians were in awe of.

Others are brilliant and  standout.  Jimmy Carr, Dawn French, Rowan Atkinson, Ricky Gervais, Chris Farley, Don Rickles, Larry David, Gary Shandling, Billy Crystal,  Jerry Lewis, David Letterman, Jack benny, Laurel & Hardy, WC  Fields, Stephen Fry, Jennifer Saunders, Noel Fielding, Harry Secombe, Ronnie Corbett, Richard Ayoade, Simon Amstell, Jonathan Ross, Les Dawson, Ronnie Barker, Louis de Funes, Eric Idle, John Cleese, Alexei Sayle, John Inman, Sacha Cohen and Lucille Ball.

Sort of a  sad indication that I can only cite UK and US comedians when there are probably thousands just as good in other countries. Louis de Funes is the one French comedian I remembered. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, billywillyjones said:

robin Williams for his impersonations and off the wall antics

I would also pick out Robin Williams. A very good actor as well.

Fascinating documentary on how he struggled to deal with his (misdiagnosed)  illness, leading to his tragic suicide.

• Like 3