Ynot

Y.Not

Hi there I had to come back to Australian as my dad pass away I worry about my account  ( savings) not being active at the moment as trying to sort things out here plus Australian borders are closed so I trying to organise that as well . Is my saving safe until I get back to Thailand this is my worry . 
is anyone out there input . 
Tony 

Y.not 

1 minute ago, Y.Not said:

Hi there I had to come back to Australian as my dad pass away I worry about my account  ( savings) not being active at the moment as trying to sort things out here plus Australian borders are closed so I trying to organise that as well . Is my saving safe until I get back to Thailand this is my worry . 
is anyone out there input . 
Tony 

Y.not 

So jus to confirm a few things.

1) you have a Thailand Bank savings account ?

2) how long since any activity on that account ?

3) Have you registered with the bank for online transaction/do they have their own app?

Generally it is ok but after 1 year of no activity some banks close the account or put it into dormancy hence my questions

Just now, HolyCowCm said:

Use your ATM card just to keep it active.

How do you know he has one ? He may not have hence my questions to him

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

How do you know he has one ? He may not have hence my questions to him

Why would he not have one. I don't think they would let you out of the door without charging you for a card and shoving it into your pocket. Every account has an ATM card.

7 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Why would he not have one. I don't think they would let you out of the door without charging you for a card and shoving it into your pocket. Every account has an ATM card.

No it does not. Many people have savings accounts yet forgo the additional 100 baht or so for an ATM card. Where have you been hiding ?

Just take all funds out of the account. They are likely to find something they can charge you for.

If the account still exists when you return, and there are no fees. use the account again.

If not open a new account elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

No it does not. Many people have savings accounts yet forgo the additional 100 baht or so for an ATM card. Where have you been hiding ?

Actually, honestly, I have never ever known one person who doesn't have an ATM card except for children's accounts

2 minutes ago, TobyAndrews said:

Just take all funds out of the account. They are likely to find something they can charge you for.

If the account still exists when you return, and there are no fees. use the account again.

If not open a new account elsewhere.

If he does not have an online account, one of the questions we await an answer for, he would not be able to withdraw or transfer funds would he ?

Just now, HolyCowCm said:

Actually, honestly, I have never ever known one person who doesn't have an ATM card except for children's accounts

Really ? Then you don't know many Thai people who live a normal life then and even I for one of my accounts do not have an ATM as does my wife on two of hers.

He could withdraw with an ATM card.

Holycow wrote he has never know a person (with Thai bank account) who doesn't have an ATM card, and Holycow doesn't lie.

Besides he did add honestly . . .

31 minutes ago, gummy said:

Really ? Then you don't know many Thai people who live a normal life then and even I for one of my accounts do not have an ATM as does my wife on two of hers.

But you said for one of your accounts, and then for your normal account you do. I would gather this person 99.99% has an ATM card.

It would be interesting to see other posters say they do or don't or know of people who don't have ATM card on their average account here.

34 minutes ago, TobyAndrews said:

He could withdraw with an ATM card.

Holycow wrote he has never know a person (with Thai bank account) who doesn't have an ATM card, and Holycow doesn't lie.

Besides he did add honestly . . .

I think all he has to do with an ATM to keep it active is sign in and then sign out.

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

But you said for one of your accounts, and then for your normal account you do. I would gather this person 99.99% has an ATM card.

It would be interesting to see other posters say they do or don't or know of people who don't have ATM card on their average account here.

Rather then rambling on about how you can not possibly comprehend that so many Thais do not have ATM cards as clearly you do not live amongst them , lets just wait to see if the OP actually responds and what his answers are ? after all it was his question that was raised and those facts are required to answer his questions.

51 minutes ago, gummy said:

Rather then rambling on about how you can not possibly comprehend that so many Thais do not have ATM cards as clearly you do not live amongst them , lets just wait to see if the OP actually responds and what his answers are ? after all it was his question that was raised and those facts are required to answer his questions.

I think you are the one rambling, and the OP is not Thai. And yes I actually only live amongst Thai people and have been "amongst" them for over 30 years. I do not associate with any foreigners here except on forums when bored. Only time is when my friends visit me from the USA. Period!.

You and only you yourself are on a spin that he doesn't have an ATM card and why would he not have one as everyone does in fact have one with some account.

And BTW, you only asked him about being signed up for online banking. There was no, ZERO mention of an ATM card.

Please don't feel free to snap out at me.

3 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I think you are the one rambling, and the OP is not Thai. And yes I actually only live amongst Thai people and have been "amongst" them for over 30 years. I do not associate with any foreigners here except on forums when bored. Only time is when my friends visit me from the USA. Period!.

You and only you yourself are on a spin that he doesn't have an ATM card and why would he not have one as everyone does in fact have one with some account.

And BTW, you only asked him about being signed up for online banking. There was no, ZERO mention of an ATM card.

Please don't feel free to snap out at me.

How can you tell the OP is not Thai ? He say he returned to Australia so what from his post confirms he does not have Thai citizenship ? But again you are deflecting from the OP's question !!! So suggest you follow my earlier suggestion that we wait for him to reply in order to respond to his question in an informed manner

20 minutes ago, gummy said:

How can you tell the OP is not Thai ? He say he returned to Australia so what from his post confirms he does not have Thai citizenship ? But again you are deflecting from the OP's question !!! So suggest you follow my earlier suggestion that we wait for him to reply in order to respond to his question in an informed manner

Why do you like to argue so much? and my post clearly was not directed to you. So please go take a chill pill and go talk to yourself. Your argument is seriously weak. 

Also how about: Go back to Australia because Dad died? Well maybe he is Chinese, you may be right.

20 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Why do you like to argue so much? and my post clearly was not directed to you. So please go take a chill pill and go talk to yourself. Your argument is seriously weak. 

Also how about: Go back to Australia because Dad died? Well maybe he is Chinese, you may be right.

oh dear must be something in the water that makes you bicker, go back to TVF would be my suggestion, until then you are on ignore

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I have one account that I have no ATM for, by design.

As to the OP, the suggestion about using the bank's online services is a valid one, even if you just check your balance.

I had one account that I hadn't used in a couple of years and only had a few hundred baht in it, but they didn't close it, and I was able to use it again.

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Well you can know me if you like. ?

Never had a card here and never missed it. When I was first here in 97 I was told that many horror stories about card fraud I did without. And have stayed without ever since. 

39 minutes ago, gummy said:

oh dear must be something in the water that makes you bicker, go back to TVF would be my suggestion, until then you are on ignore

Quote: go back to TVF would be my suggestion, until then you are on ignore.

Figured your one of those type to say something like that. Bicker? I think I had read more of your posts doing just that.

Boy, you sure do take the cake. Ignore is a wonderful idea.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Many foreigners have accounts with no debit card, especially those who keep 800/400K in a Thai bank all year round to meet Immigrations financial requirements for extensions based on retirement or Thai Spouse.

The standard Savings account come with debit card but low 0.5% interest rate.
Fixed term deposit accounts come without a debit card but a higher 1.2% interest rate.

24 minutes ago, Faz said:

Many foreigners have accounts with no debit card, especially those who keep 800/400K in a Thai bank all year round to meet Immigrations financial requirements for extensions based on retirement or Thai Spouse.

The standard Savings account come with debit card but low 0.5% interest rate.
Fixed term deposit accounts come without a debit card but a higher 1.2% interest rate.

Wouldn't have thought that in the least for most foreigners unless it is a fixed separate untouchable account, but the OP mentioned savings and so I mentioned ATM. I have several accounts here and all have a card. Anyway, the flack from this poster here called xxxxx came at me mentioning ATM in a post and then going on about it, and is a little strange with his opinion on everything almost every subject and category. I have tallied up many posts now, but not nearly as much as that many. Not that concerned about it and was just putting in a post to the OP. Anyway, thank you to the other posters who said they have at least one account no ATM or one that does not have one out of being cautious, and thank you as well for your reply. Not worth bickering with that someone, and let's hope the OP in Australia at least has some solution for peace of mind. Cheers!

Cheers!