Travel Authorization for Farang

MrStretch

Finally, the government has realized that their QR code system for people traveling by car didn't work for anyone other than Thais, because you couldn't input your passport number instead of a Thai ID number.

If you need to travel from or to a redzone (or perhaps anywhere else) you will need (if you have just come out of ASQ) a letter from your hotel stating your completed ASQ, your vaccination proof and this thing:

https://covid-19.in.th/en

It's very simple and easy to fill out (amazingly).

• Like 4

On 7/23/2021 at 11:40 AM, MrStretch said:

Finally, the government has realized that their QR code system for people traveling by car didn't work for anyone other than Thais, because you couldn't input your passport number instead of a Thai ID number.

If you need to travel from or to a redzone (or perhaps anywhere else) you will need (if you have just come out of ASQ) a letter from your hotel stating your completed ASQ, your vaccination proof and this thing:

https://covid-19.in.th/en

It's very simple and easy to fill out (amazingly).

And what about expats living in red zone? 

When I got out of ASQ in January they basically gave me this with my check-out docs. It was a QR code that linked back to my tests and the completion certificate. (Not that anyone ever asked to see it...) I wonder if this is something new?

On 7/24/2021 at 3:00 PM, Stardust said:

And what about expats living in red zone? 

You can still travel it seems.  We had a teacher come out of ASQ in BKK, a red zone, had to hire a taxi to get to Hat Yai, a red zone...and it wasn't a problem, just a 9,000 baht fare.

4 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

You can still travel it seems.  We had a teacher come out of ASQ in BKK, a red zone, had to hire a taxi to get to Hat Yai, a red zone...and it wasn't a problem, just a 9,000 baht fare.

Ok I understood for the people from the asq but what is with expats living here and want to travel with their own car. Do you have some information about that ?

It would surely be the "reason" for travel, put on the form, vacation probably wouldn't cut it, but a "need to" reason probably would. I've looked and looked and there isn't a definitive list of accepted reasons.

The OIC (Department of Disease Control) has two numbers, and they encourage people with a question to call. +66 968 478 309 / +66 927 260 474

They are the ones that came up with that original "letter for travel" that required 3 signatures from gov't officials, health officials and community health volunteer.  I think those letters have gone by the wayside.

I am totally dumbfounded by the lack of "source" information.   There is a daily report on covid statistics  re; vaccinations and reported cases; but no official source outlining the "daily "state of affairs.  One report saying when a curfew ends, another for sandbox, another for international travel... why is there no single document ( eg a face book site, or an official government web site) that presents the current status????

headings: Covid Infection stats; Vaccination stats; Thailand National Imposed regulations, Provincial Regulations.... etc  one sub group; 'What to do if you have need to visit a red zone'

and each section "LAST DATE OF REVIEW".

communication is via 'secret wispers' ; ' secret squirrel' conversations that aget more unreliable as they get transferred.

I have spent Hours upon hours looking for data; The Tiger has presented a limited reporting capacity - stories rather than guidance, and gets much of its news from other news sources... I would love to see data coming directly from the ruling sources  - eg translated from the Thai Gazette

• Like 1

What you seek would require forethought, planning and coordination.  Three traits that the offices of Thailand's government agencies do not do well.

Even a page with links to others that have the information sought would be helpful. 

Like you, I've invested hours upon hours trying to find comprehensive information, in English of course.  

It doesn't exist.

Its reassuring at least that I am not the only one baffled by the systems and processes. I am a "Sandbox prisoner "trying to form an escape committee at my SHA hotel. ( I am spending time warning my friends in UK not to come!!