Stop buying Sinovac, medical expert tells government

Thaiger

The head of the intensive care unit at Bangkok’s Vichaiyut Hospital says the government must stop purchasing the Sinovac vaccine until it’s been re-formulated to handle variants. According to a Bangkok Post report, respiratory disease expert Manoon Leechawengwongs says Sinovac may be effective at reducing the chance of serious illness and death, but that effectiveness wears off over time. The Thai government recently decided to purchase another 10.9 million Sinovac doses at a cost of 1.6 billion baht. Manoon says Thailand must suspend such purchases until there is a new generation of Sinovac that can provide effective protection against all […]

The post Stop buying Sinovac, medical expert tells government appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The head of the intensive care unit at Bangkok’s Vichaiyut Hospital says the government must stop purchasing the Sinovac vaccine until it’s been re-formulated to handle variants. According to a Bangkok Post report, respiratory disease expert Manoon Leechawengwongs says Sinovac may be effective at reducing the chance of serious illness and death, but that effectiveness wears off over time. The Thai government recently decided to purchase another 10.9 million Sinovac doses at a cost of 1.6 billion baht. Manoon says Thailand must suspend such purchases until there is a new generation of Sinovac that can provide effective protection against all […]

The post Stop buying Sinovac, medical expert tells government appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Another person who better watch his back for telling the truth from now on as he too could do a disappearing act

There's no problem with Sinovac in China and there are over 2bn doses been delivered.

I think (note humbly said) that the problem lies with the administration of the populace. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Poolie said:

There's no problem with Sinovac in China and there are over 2bn doses been delivered.

I think (note humbly said) that the problem lies with the administration of the populace. 

Does china have the Delta variant? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Poolie said:

There may well be no problem. However, China has prevented attempts by medical professionals to study the results they are getting and why. It supports the belief that they fear truth being exposed and them losing face as a result.

Hence, the only real results people can review are those in countries other than China. All they can do is report what is happening in their own real-life experiences. Is China doing something different that enhances the efficacy of their vaccines. Perhaps, but they aren't telling anybody!

After all, 2 billion doses would seem to be a reasonable size test of the vaccine.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Does china have the Delta variant? 

Trace amounts.  Careful screening.

6 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

There may well be no problem. However, China has prevented attempts by medical professionals to study the results they are getting and why. It supports the belief that they fear truth being exposed and them losing face as a result.

Hence, the only real results people can review are those in countries other than China. All they can do is report what is happening in their own real-life experiences. Is China doing something different that enhances the efficacy of their vaccines. Perhaps, but they aren't telling anybody!

After all, 2 billion doses would seem to be a reasonable size test of the vaccine.

Quite. China bad eh?

10% protection is better than none, Sinovac saved billion of lives so far, you cannot just disregard it and wait for something better to come and let people die until then. pretty stupid declaration by so called medical expert. i bet he's got 2 jabs and a booster too

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

I would say "less helpful". ?‍♂️

All relevant info is freely available on the net. Nobody's fault that no-one speaks/reads Mandarin.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Nobody's fault that no-one speaks/reads Mandarin.

No it is not and hence why I just said "less helpful".

It does seem however, most others seem to have no problem changing theirs into other languages to make it easy for people to read, often including Mandarin. It would be helpful if the Chinese did more of that themselves.

That way they can make sure the translation from whatever language to another is truly correct rather than relying on say Google Translate and risking misinterpretation when it gets it wrong!

Smithydog

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dunroamin said:

Wont happen, too many big boys at the top have done deals with the CCP.??

Brown envelopes come to mind.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

No it is not and hence why I just said "less helpful".

It does seem however, most others seem to have no problem changing theirs into other languages to make it easy for people to read, often including Mandarin. It would be helpful if the Chinese did more of that themselves.

That way they can make sure the translation from whatever language to another is truly correct rather than relying on say Google Translate and risking misinterpretation when it gets it wrong!

Smithydog

True they could but a fifth of the world does already read/write Mandarin so it begs the question why should they?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Poolie said:

True they could but a fifth of the world does already read/write Mandarin so it begs the question why should they?

Well, by your own statement 4/5 of the world don't. So that could be a reason.

I just don't understand a seemingly need to feel so insular? To me, the Chinese have so much to offer the world yet don't seem to want to reach out. Ok, perhaps that is their choice, however they keep talking about being accepted by the world.  To me, it just seems one of those many unsolved contradictions across the world that will probably not be solved in my lifetime.

I just hope I can see the Great Wall and so many of their other historical and cultural heritages one day.

Anyway, thanks for the chat. However, I have to go now and help my daughter with her school work. You can have the last word if you like. Hopefully we will chat again soon. ?

Smithydog 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Public Health Ministry (aka clown) always behind bad things, why even take the risk buying it if the other vaccines are already proofed to be better, to throw away money or does the clown get commission.., either way with clowns you never know

3 hours ago, Poolie said:

I have to tell you that when I look at the stats from around the world, notwithstanding that there will be different reporting standards, I am inclined to believe that anything that looks like a discrepancy is more likely to be cock-up rather than conspiracy. But when I look at China's stats, where they have added only  10k new infections in over over a year, I just don't believe any of it.

Now add to that Sinovax is reported as the least effective vax at 50-55% (that was pre-Delta) and a recent study reports that it loses its antibody count at the rate of 50% every 40 days. Thus assuming an eight week gap to a second dose, a vax administered New Years Day, and again at end of Feb now has about 10% of the original antibodies remaining. 

During the meantime, there are two problems arising from this, and both relate to saving face. The first is that to publicly abandon Sino by the Thais will be an admission that they screwed up. The second is that are starting to show an addiction to Chinese money. I recall when most cases of CV were in China and it looked like the announcement of a pandemic ws imminent, the TH gov were considering a scheme to for VOA to be extended to China. However, I suspect that if TH had the testicles to denounce Sinovax. Beijing would in turn retaliate to save face. 

TH are definitely between a rock and a hard place in my view

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Paco said:

The Public Health Ministry (aka clown) always behind bad things, why even take the risk buying it if the other vaccines are already proofed to be better, to throw away money or does the clown get commission.., either way with clowns you never know

I think you probably know the answer.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

I just don't understand a seemingly need to feel so insular?

I think the reason for the current insularity is that they don't want their populace being  being infected with such dangerous ideas like democracy and human rights.

Before I moved to Dub, I lived in Cambridge and my wife enjoyed accommodating foreign language students. A total of seven were Chinese plus one from HK. Every time, I mentioned about a news item I had seen about China, before I could finish the sentence, I was met with, "The internal problems of China are a matter for the Chinese people only". I never pushed the point.

The lad from HK was more open to discussion. That suggested to me that before they were even allowed to leave the country, they were well screened.

A couple of years ago, I was in Malaga visiting a girl from Argentina who had stayed with us as a language student. I had only been to Spain once before (MADRID), and the one abiding memory I had of the place was the shut-down for Siesta each day. I noticed that there were quite a few convenience stores that were no longer observing this, and then I discovered that they were all Chinese owned. I mentioned to the girl I was visiting about my experiences with the Chinese students and she told me that even though they had residency permits etc, they were exactly the same in Spain

At last someone makes sense:

Watcharapong goes on to say Thailand is in the process of obtaining many different types of vaccines, but they can’t all be delivered when needed and that it’s best to have as wide a choice as possible.

“It is best to have as many vaccines as possible. Waiting for the one that we like may not help us fight the spread.”

37 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

I have to tell you that when I look at the stats from around the world, notwithstanding that there will be different reporting standards, I am inclined to believe that anything that looks like a discrepancy is more likely to be cock-up rather than conspiracy. But when I look at China's stats, where they have added only  10k new infections in over over a year, I just don't believe any of it.

Now add to that Sinovax is reported as the least effective vax at 50-55% (that was pre-Delta) and a recent study reports that it loses its antibody count at the rate of 50% every 40 days. Thus assuming an eight week gap to a second dose, a vax administered New Years Day, and again at end of Feb now has about 10% of the original antibodies remaining. 

During the meantime, there are two problems arising from this, and both relate to saving face. The first is that to publicly abandon Sino by the Thais will be an admission that they screwed up. The second is that are starting to show an addiction to Chinese money. I recall when most cases of CV were in China and it looked like the announcement of a pandemic ws imminent, the TH gov were considering a scheme to for VOA to be extended to China. However, I suspect that if TH had the testicles to denounce Sinovax. Beijing would in turn retaliate to save face. 

TH are definitely between a rock and a hard place in my view

The very definition of a conspiracy theory, ladies and gentlemen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Poolie said:

The very definition of a conspiracy theory, ladies and gentlemen.

Suspicion of a glaring anomaly in a country where the gov's need to save face is paramount? I don't think so.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20200608/Cremation-numbers-reveal-possible-suppression-of-true-COVID-19-data-in-China.aspx

https://time.com/5813628/china-coronavirus-statistics-wuhan/

China is a capitalist country that still calls itself Communist because to change from from the CCP would be an admission of the failure and harm that Communism did to the country. 

Edited by JohninDubin
Forgot to post links.
  • Like 3

How ironic that these idiots cite lack of data for the sputnik vaccine and won't buy it, while the Chinese vaccine and their commie overlords refuse to show their data since the beginning of the Wuhan virus.

Brown envelopes speak loudly. 

28 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Suspicion of a glaring anomaly in a country where the gov's need to save face is paramount? I don't think so.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20200608/Cremation-numbers-reveal-possible-suppression-of-true-COVID-19-data-in-China.aspx

https://time.com/5813628/china-coronavirus-statistics-wuhan/

China is a capitalist country that still calls itself Communist because to change from from the CCP would be an admission of the failure and harm that Communism did to the country. 

Just recently the WHO wanted to come to investigate the origin of the virus in Wuhun ! Did you see the uproar it caused ! The CCP got their  made in china panties all bunched up !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1