90 Day Reports - during covid?

Will there be a provision to delay 90 day visa report deadlines in dark red zones. As an unvaccinated, elderly person, I feel I am and have been most vulnerable to exposure during this and other government processes. Please advise, and advocate for common sense in cases where scores of people are in close proximity performing a government process. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Peabody1953 said:

Will there be a provision to delay 90 day visa report deadlines in dark red zones. As an unvaccinated, elderly person, I feel I am and have been most vulnerable to exposure during this and other government processes. Please advise, and advocate for common sense in cases where scores of people are in close proximity performing a government process. 

Many of us are in similar positions but unfortunately we will just have to wait and see for any official announcements. 

Richard Barrow (twitter guru on Thailand issues for Expats) once said that he hopes this situation will force the Thai Govt to remove the 90 day reporting requirement - he is still waiting - but maybe ?

• Like 2

I hope so but not sure. I can't believe they haven't already done some sort of amnesty for 90 day reports and visas during this particular outbreak.

Do you normally go in person to Immigration for your reports or use a service? I use a service next to Emporium and pay I think 380 baht or something like that and then my passport is ready to be picked up in a few days. There's almost no one at that office - probably max four people at any given time - so I wouldn't worry much about going to that particular place to drop off your passport. Only takes a few minutes.

I was actually just at immigration yesterday to extend my visa and it was obviously nowhere near as crowded as it used to be, although still enough people that it took me about four hours (including the lunch break) for my queue to be called. I was very nervous going there but I will say that I felt relatively safe most of the time since I was able to find a spot in the big hall far away from other people to watch for my queue number. But yeah, I was not happy about having to go there when cases are so high.

Hi Peabody,

Have you tried to submit your 90 day reports online?

The other alternative is to submit by post to reach your local office 14 days before the due report date.
I strongly recommend posting by EMS, with an EMS prepaid self addressed envelope enclosed for the return of your receipt and next report date.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Faz said:

Hi Peabody,

Have you tried to submit your 90 day reports online?

The other alternative is to submit by post to reach your local office 14 days before the due report date.
I strongly recommend posting by EMS, with an EMS prepaid self addressed envelope enclosed for the return of your receipt and next report date.

This is what I used to do in Thailand and it always worked. I would attempt the online system at 14 13 and 12 days before due date, and if the online didnt work (50/50) then I went to the post office.  Use EMS as Faz says - that way it is treated as urgent and a receipt is provided. A week or two later you will get a notice in the mail saying you have reported - put a copy with the colour copy of your passport main page and latest visa page (highly recommended and I found never a problem).  Meanwhile, keep the EMS receipt with you until the notice arrives.  Obviously for 'official' things you need a Passport, but when just walking around and shopping and golf etc. it was easier and safer to just have colour page copies - everyone accepted that when I was asked for ID.     

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a 90 days report problem recently as I'm currently staying in the country away from everything. So I tried the online service, after many attempts over several days it actually worked. Once in motion it was excellent. I used the TM47 link on the Immigration website and Google Chrome. I received a receipt fairly swiftly. Then I saved it to a file as I haven't got a printer.  I must admit it was giving me a pain in the butt. So hang in there and you will get a reply sooner or later. Cheers.

On 7/23/2021 at 8:16 AM, AussieBob said:

This is what I used to do in Thailand and it always worked. I would attempt the online system at 14 13 and 12 days before due date, and if the online didnt work (50/50) then I went to the post office.  Use EMS as Faz says - that way it is treated as urgent and a receipt is provided. A week or two later you will get a notice in the mail saying you have reported - put a copy with the colour copy of your passport main page and latest visa page (highly recommended and I found never a problem).  Meanwhile, keep the EMS receipt with you until the notice arrives.  Obviously for 'official' things you need a Passport, but when just walking around and shopping and golf etc. it was easier and safer to just have colour page copies - everyone accepted that when I was asked for ID.     

It may be stating the obvious, but you should also enclose a stamped (EMS), addressed envelope with your paperwork. A 100 baht note usually ensures prompt service ...

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 8:40 PM, Stonker said:

It may be stating the obvious, but you should also enclose a stamped (EMS), addressed envelope with your paperwork. A 100 baht note usually ensures prompt service ...

Actually that is true Stonker.  But the Thai wife suggested 50 baht not 100 baht - so I did, and all went well. I was a little wary of doing that of course, coming from the west, but as I said to myself so many times at all the strange and wonderful things I was learning about when living there -  'This is Thailand'.  

It took me several tries but i managed to do my 90 days report online yesterday. The result....   

ผลการแจ้งที่พักอาศัยเกิน 90 วัน ของท่าน มีการ ไม่อนุมัติ กรุณาตรวจสอบการ ไม่อนุมัติ ได้ที่ www.immigration.go.th
Notification 90 days is Not Approved. You can check status by visit www.immigration.go.th

You cannot check the status via the link, it will simply take you to the immigration website. This is the first time it was not approved sadly and I have no clue why. Last time I couldn't dothe report online so I had to go to chamchuri square. At that time I tried to make a picture because it was so extremely crowded and people were shoulder to shoulder. Completely impossible to social distance. When they noticed me making pictures I had to delete them from my phone.  Now it seems I have to go to the same super spreader event again for another 90 days report. I feel the government is forcing me to get infected.

I have used the online T47 reporting for 2 years but it is not working this week. Tried multiple times with various internet platforms since Monday &, after the initial page, it goes to either a blank white page or a pop up which says "For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area." My wife called them & after a 30 minute wait was told that yes the system is antique but have you tried Internet Explorer - I think Windows 2000 would be more of a match to this farce. Off we went to Nonthaburi Immigration & it was virtually empty.

0-IMG-20210805-WA0004.jpg

1 hour ago, PETERBKK said:

" My wife called them & after a 30 minute wait was told that yes the system is antique but have you tried Internet Explorer

The system was designed for use with IE browser.
Other browsers are hit and miss unless you have them emulate IE.

The fact you couldn't get past the first page suggests it wasn't recognising your details.
If you used selections from the drop down boxes, then your browser could have been the issue.
I successfully submitted a 90 day report online this morning on behalf of a disabled expat (using IE) Approved within 30 minutes.

• Like 1

I have used the IMMeService App many times to do my 90Day report. But in March of this year it wouldn't work and as far as I'm concerned it has been broken since then.

So I did my March report by mail as we were away. In early April I did my annual extension of stay and mentioned that their App wouldn't work,  The IO said with a bit of a smile  'broke'.  When I tried to do my June 90Day report it showed me on overstay so I went and did the report in person. I mentioned the overstay comment  on the App  again the IO said 'broke'. 

I just checked and it now says overstay 103 days! And when it says overstay you can't get any further.  My next 90Day report is due early September.

When I mail in I send it EMS, and I  enclose a 9Baht stamped addressed envelope for return. I do check that it has been received by the IO's and take a photo of the acceptance and the name of the receiver.

I'll download IE and see if it makes any difference, but I doubt it as the page with that message on shows my Passport number. Pity as it's only takes five minutes using the App and it's a twenty odd kms drive to Immigration, but I will post it.

I  see that I use the same office as PETERBKK  #27770

Edited by Mynemesis

35 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

Just mail it. It’s not that hard and you get it back within a week. 

Not all offices will do postal, too much work it seems. As for online when it does work there can still be problems. The online service says I am permitted to stay until July 2022, but underneath says I am 45 days over stay! so it will not be working needing another trip.

18 hours ago, thai3 said:

Not all offices will do postal, too much work it seems. As for online when it does work there can still be problems. The online service says I am permitted to stay until July 2022, but underneath says I am 45 days over stay! so it will not be working needing another trip.

Out of curiosity @thai3

What date was your last 90 day report due?
What date was your extension due and what date did you apply?

Did they issue a new 90 day report date from the date they issued the extension?