Tampons reclassified as cosmetics bringing regulation, tax

Thaiger

14 hours ago, Thaiger said:

In a story that 50% of people may find insignificant while the other 50% find it infuriating, Thailand has officially reclassified tampons as cosmetics. The plan had been in the works since last month, with Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul signing the original plan June 29, but today’s publishing in the Royal Gazette makes the plan official. The move is seemingly a win for women’s health, but a tax downside was quickly revealed. Being classified as a cosmetic means that tampons now fall under stronger regulation. Quality control and certain rules and standards now apply. Government agencies will now […]

The post Tampons reclassified as cosmetics bringing regulation, tax appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The Government are really scraping the barrel now to raise more funds in these hard times. Another nutty idea, which I hope soon hits the pan.

• Like 1

Or … is this press release a misdirect. I wonder what relevant news article has been released but deemed irrelevant because of this article. 

No offence meant to our lady members but really Anutin needs one of these in his mouth cos he talks like a c***

Sorry, him, cha cha, Prawit, Thammanat, all make me sick, no idea how to run a country, how to help people, and lie like there's no tomorrow, all while they greedily fill their pockets and bank accounts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Golden-Triangle said:

No offence meant to our lady members but really Anutin needs one of these in his mouth cos he talks like a c***

Sorry, him, cha cha, Prawit, Thammanat, all make me sick, no idea how to run a country, how to help people, and lie like there's no tomorrow, all while they greedily fill their pockets and bank accounts.

Whilst if there was an a health issue regarding their manufacture that required a change in designation in order to protect the health of women then most certainly they should have exempt what is a female necessity from any form of taxation.

12 hours ago, JohnG said:

How about a tax on ministers who make stupid ideas become true?

You could see the current loss of money as a tax on stupidity ?

11 hours ago, gummy said:

You make some very valid points although it was only recently that the UK removed the tax on women's sanitary items and here in Thailand they are discriminating against women yet again by putting a tax on them. 

Just western women use them. As for alleged health issues, toxic shock syndrome- what can happen is it's changed too often, doesn't get soaked and so adheres to the walls a bit, and takes off a layer of cells when removed  which  can encourage er.. infiltration by DIC-TERIA . Let it soak, gals. Like a tea bag 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dialemco said:

Tampons and other sanitary products should be free of all taxes

As I said before so absolutely agree with you