This is why you should wear a helmet.

JamesE

The Nation appears to have hidden that report. You can briefly see the title before it forwards you to a 404 page.

I noticed that what I presume is the right video is still available on their YouTube channel:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SickBuffalo said:

The Nation appears to have hidden that report. You can briefly see the title before it forwards you to a 404 page

Hmmm... Still works just fine for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamesE said:

Hmmm... Still works just fine for me.

Ah, okay. Tried it in Safari and it did work. Must have been some sort of Chrome quirk, perhaps an add-on I'm using.

• Like 1

Wow..Look how strong and fat it is... Not very 'sick' at all..555 (Lucky those horns never made contact with any of those riders!)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SickBuffalo said:

Ah, okay. Tried it in Safari and it did work. Must have been some sort of Chrome quirk, perhaps an add-on I'm using.

Interesting. In the past day or two I've read about a couple of things that didn't work in Chrome but did work in other browsers. Are you using a VPN? (I know silly question...) Maybe Google is starting to get pissed that Chrome users aren't sharing their personal data fully.

• Like 2

I was afraid to look.  I have seen too much carnage on the roads in Thailand.  The music made this one comical.  At least everyone was able to get out of the way.  The one bike may need some work though.  Buffalo usually means stupid, not angry!   ??

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JamesE said:

Are you using a VPN? (I know silly question...)

Actually, on that computer I don't use a VPN but a lot of Chrome add-ons, so, probably one of them. Just a very unusual bug.

2 hours ago, JamesE said:

Maybe Google is starting to get pissed that Chrome users aren't sharing their personal data fully.

I'm certainly considering moving to Safari. Even Firefox seems to be pulling ahead of Chrome these days.

I agree with what the buffalo did - as long as he doesnt hurt the people. Those scooter exhausts in Thailand are usually tricked up and sound so effin loud - I bet he was angry at them because they are always so effin loud.  Same thing for when elephants attack people on scooters - but they dont often attack cars - it is the effin noise that makes them angry. 

PS - This is a scooter - it is not a 'motorbike' or 'bike' for short:

image.jpeg.8b900009d3b707573b2364231c54782f.jpeg

Now THIS is a bike:

Different types of motorbike explained - Confused.com

And so is this:

Complete guide to all motorbike types | All you need to know

:classic_smile:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SickBuffalo said:

Actually, on that computer I don't use a VPN but a lot of Chrome add-ons, so, probably one of them. Just a very unusual bug.

I'm certainly considering moving to Safari. Even Firefox seems to be pulling ahead of Chrome these days.

It is usually not the browser, but the website that has settings that conflict with the browser. So many people use Chrome -  so the website developers input settings that are for things like ad blocker extensions in Chrome.  And sometimes it is the security settings in Chrome - which often 'update' themselves with new versions.  Never ending battle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

I agree with what the buffalo did - as long as he doesnt hurt the people. Those scooter exhausts in Thailand are usually tricked up and sound so effin loud - I bet he was angry at them because they are always so effin loud.  Same thing for when elephants attack people on scooters - but they dont often attack cars - it is the effin noise that makes them angry. 

Now THIS is a bike:

https://www.confused.com/-/media/confused/articles/article-content-images/motorbike-insurance/triumph-daytona-phantom-black-main.jpg?la=en-gb&hash=708DE4B71EF7086B60137609DDDE4E75854A409B

And so is this:

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/-/media/bikesocial/2020-june-images/motorcycle-types-guide/harley_fat_boy_cruiser.ashx?h=493&w=740&la=en&hash=070B31B0992716E1ED7953C1252CBF00ECE7C551

Assuming it's a "he", are we???

The first is a scooter.

The second is a throbbing hunk of high-tech overcompensation.

The third screams: "I used to have to overcompensate, now I just want to be comfortable."

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Assuming it's a "he", are we???

The first is a scooter.

The second is a throbbing hunk of high-tech overcompensation.

The third screams: "I used to have to overcompensate, now I just want to be comfortable."

?

Ooops - my sexist gender assignment was so wrong - please accept my undying regrets and apologies and I promise to 'behave correctly' in the future ?

The problem with 'real' and very fast high-tech bikes is balls.  You need a big pair to ride them properly, and they can get very uncomfortable on those longer rides down to Phillip Island. That is when we 'mature' riders get a more comfortable ride.  So my answer to your allegations of over-compensation is very clear and simple - Bollocks. ?

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Colin said:

Not in the UK, it isn't. THIS is a scooter:

Lambretta.jpg

It doesn't even have any hooks to hang all your plastic bags!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I think this is more suitable to what some see as a bike:

MED600_77754-01.jpg

They will still find ways of falling of it

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Ooops - my sexist gender assignment was so wrong - please accept my undying regrets and apologies and I promise to 'behave correctly' in the future ?

The problem with 'real' and very fast high-tech bikes is balls.  You need a big pair to ride them properly, and they can get very uncomfortable on those longer rides down to Phillip Island. That is when we 'mature' riders get a more comfortable ride.  So my answer to your allegations of over-compensation is very clear and simple - Bollocks. ?

Full disclosure: I would really love to get one of these...

zero.jpg

Edited by JamesE
Effing link didn't work. Here's the picture.
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Colin said:

Not in the UK, it isn't. THIS is a scooter:

Lambretta.jpg

And it's got room for two kids to stand comfortably while balancing the LPG tank.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JamesE said:

Full disclosure: I would really love to get one of these...

zero.jpg

Not sure I would like the electric 'way' of riding - I am too used to gears on a bike - both up and down.

I once did own one of these ?image.png.02d76698b446e913224c90860c377c9f.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Not sure I would like the electric 'way' of riding - I am too used to gears on a bike - both up and down.

In the light of full disclosure myself.   When I bought it 6 months old at a bargain price, it had a 2" 'chicken strip'. Clearly the first owner could not ride it at all.  Less than a year later I sold it with a 1/2" chicken strip. I could get it over a lot, but even around a race track it felt like I was going to hit my head on the road and I could not lean it all the way. Way back in the old days it was an achievement to scrape the toes and knees on a road bike, but on these modern bikes you are scraping your elbows. And dont ask me about when I switched the electronics to 'race' mode - aaaargh!!   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Very nice bike! Back near the dawn of time I had a Honda 750-F which I modified with drop bars and a cafe fairing. A sweet ride. I took it from Denver, Colorado to Laramie, Wyoming through the mountains one time. About 120 miles in about 90 minutes. So. Fun.

You get used to no gears. It's just a flat power band from 0 to (2n+1)

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 12:55 AM, AussieBob said:

Now THIS is a bike:

https://www.confused.com/-/media/confused/articles/article-content-images/motorbike-insurance/triumph-daytona-phantom-black-main.jpg?la=en-gb&hash=708DE4B71EF7086B60137609DDDE4E75854A409B

And so is this:

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/-/media/bikesocial/2020-june-images/motorcycle-types-guide/harley_fat_boy_cruiser.ashx?h=493&w=740&la=en&hash=070B31B0992716E1ED7953C1252CBF00ECE7C551

All three of them are bikes, but you have to be a buffalo to want to ride any of them in Thailand. 

Cars in Thailand no prob as the car gets dented in an accident or buffalo attack not your body as when on a bike.

All three of them are bikes, but you have to be a buffalo to want to ride any of them in Thailand. 

Cars in Thailand no prob as the car gets dented in an accident or buffalo attack not your body as when on a bike.

True. About 80% of the fatalities on Thailand roads are bike riders - all types.  In fact I read a while back about 2 bike riders who had cycled all over the world and they were killed in Thailand road.   They went everywhere, including very bad roads in remote/wild countries, only to die on a Thailand highway. 

Nowhere does it say what spooked the buffalo, somebody/ something caused it to go wild.

Buffalos are usually very docile, our 2 are that docile it is quite funny sometimes trying to get them to move.

I must urge everyone to always wear a helmet, as i am still alive due to me wearing 1.

When i had my accident, the only part of my body not damaged was my head.

Joke all you want about the video, but when out on a motorbike/ scooter make sure you have a helmet on.

• Like 4