Yet another update to rules for entering Phuket, new exceptions

Thaiger

Perhaps feeling restless as it had been a day or two since any changes or additions to the constantly evolving rules to enter the Phuket Sandbox had been made, Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew issued a new provincial order granting special entry exceptions for certain people. The order would allow qualifying people passing through Phuket briefly to only present one of the required documents to enter the island. The original rules had people who flew internationally into the Phuket Sandbox facing the strictest admission process, requiring both vaccination and a negative Covid-19 test (among other requirements like a Certificate of Entry, […]

The post Yet another update to rules for entering Phuket, new exceptions appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

20 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

evolving rules to enter the Phuket Sandbox had been made

good one, people made bookings just to be surprised

• Like 1

It’s almost as if even the most basic of understanding of how this virus spreads is either not being grasped,  or is being ignored for the convenience  to a different agenda?  

Edited by Soidog
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Soidog said:

It’s almost as if even the most basic of understanding of how this virus spreads is either not being grasped,  or is being ignored for the convenience  to a different agenda?  

I think we are all thinking that it is the latter why covid management has been so poor.

The requirement for vax and a test is extremely telling.

If vax works, why the need for tests?

If vax works, why will Thailand require quarantine for returners who have been fully vaxed in Thailand?

Just asking

8 minutes ago, AdamX said:

The requirement for vax and a test is extremely telling.

If vax works, why the need for tests?

If vax works, why will Thailand require quarantine for returners who have been fully vaxed in Thailand?

Just asking

Well there will be varying medical opinions on that. However Thai government is solely motivated by money and this is also the main motive behind Phuket's administrators. Thus irrespective of any medical opinion the sole and prime aim will be to extract the maximum amount of money from people that they can coerce to go to Phuket. Also many of the major hotels are owned by the elite, and along with others it is they that keep this corrupt government in power.So I suspect the hotel owners and certain others have been concentrating their efforts into how to scam foreigners rather than looking after their own population generally. Only my opinion of course, but I do hear others who similarly think along those lines also.

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

However Thai government is solely motivated by money and this is also the main motive behind Phuket's administrators. Thus irrespective of any medical opinion the sole and prime aim will be to extract the maximum amount of money from people that they can coerce to go to Phuket. Also many of the major hotels are owned by the elite, and along with others it is they that keep this corrupt government in power.So I suspect the hotel owners and certain others have been concentrating their efforts into how to scam foreigners rather than looking after their own population generally. Only my opinion of course, but I do hear others who similarly think along those lines also.

I hear you and your cynicism is well placed.

But, in this case, I cant see a profit motive–unless you sell testing services

3 minutes ago, AdamX said:

Its mitigating the loss of those profits which is the motive

With the constant changes occurring not only in Phuket but Thailand as a whole It would be wise to book with caution, I was suppose to arrive on the 13th, booked and sorted all the hoops, even got as far as a pcr test done, and then the numbers in bkk exploded, Phuket is not an ideal location for me, It is different from the rest of the country, but I would rather that than ASQ, thinking that I could travel to other parts without restriction after 14 days, when that now was looking more and more unlikely I had no choice but to cancel, Flights were easily pushed back to later in the year, Insurance was also pushed back without issues, I had booked a hotel including the 3 pcr tests and a ride from the airport all in one hit, and I would like to place Ashlee Hub in Patong on the green list, for fully refunding the lot bar for some bank fees, so I got out of it rather unscathed, waiting for things to improve before taking the plunge again, meanwhile I have to bear the lockdown and cold in Melbourne, I might just add that I won't hesitate to rebook with Ashlee Hub when the time is right, they were very courteous and understanding, they even gave me their Line ID to keep in touch directly which was great. 

3 hours ago, JerryGee said:

With the constant changes occurring not only in Phuket but Thailand as a whole It would be wise to book with caution, I was suppose to arrive on the 13th, booked and sorted all the hoops, even got as far as a pcr test done, and then the numbers in bkk exploded, Phuket is not an ideal location for me, It is different from the rest of the country, but I would rather that than ASQ, thinking that I could travel to other parts without restriction after 14 days, when that now was looking more and more unlikely I had no choice but to cancel, Flights were easily pushed back to later in the year, Insurance was also pushed back without issues, I had booked a hotel including the 3 pcr tests and a ride from the airport all in one hit, and I would like to place Ashlee Hub in Patong on the green list, for fully refunding the lot bar for some bank fees, so I got out of it rather unscathed, waiting for things to improve before taking the plunge again, meanwhile I have to bear the lockdown and cold in Melbourne, I might just add that I won't hesitate to rebook with Ashlee Hub when the time is right, they were very courteous and understanding, they even gave me their Line ID to keep in touch directly which was great. 

Yes you did come out of it relatively unscathed. Last year hotels in Phuket were grabbing deposits, grabbing full payments without hesitation, when guests were physically unable to arrive in Phuket.

Now they advertise full refunds because they know the mugs won't risk the same treatment. Even so some hotels will never recover their old guests again. Of course Ashlee Hub hotel were very courteous and understanding, they want you back, and if you complained they would be taken off the SHA plus list for the sandbox.

If they have kept bank fees tell them you want them refunded or you will complain to TAT Phuket.

Read how courteous and understanding they were on tripadvisor before lockdown last year, dozens of mean and nasty scams. For instance: tea bags were given once a day. The day a guest was checking out they were denied a tea bag. The hotel said it was because they were checking out, even though they did not check out until noon. 

It's payback time for these nasty scamming Thais in Phuket. They robbed and cheated when thousands of tourists were arriving every day, but the good times are gone. Starve you Phukers, starve.

2 minutes ago, KT50 said:

Any reason why the home tests are not accepted?  

May be something to do with having confidence in their accuracy

On 7/22/2021 at 9:48 PM, TobyAndrews said:

So a resident of Phuket can leave, catch covid and return with no tests and no proof of vaccination?

Only if they can show they have been discharged from hospital after recovering from Covid-19 within the last 90 days.

The chart is misleading, but the source article is clear.

5 hours ago, KT50 said:

How can you prove any home test was on you and carried out properly, not on your dog or tap water?

• Cool 1

On 7/23/2021 at 12:41 PM, TobyAndrews said:

If they have kept bank fees tell them you want them refunded or you will complain to TAT Phuket.

Hotels don't keep or ever get bank fees - banks keep them.

There's a clue in the name.

On 7/23/2021 at 8:31 AM, AdamX said:

Your observation is 100% correct - there is no possible "scam" or "profit motive" here.  If you think it through, as you clearly did, it simply isn't possible.

Thinking things through, though, seems  beyond those who were scammed by "hello  hansum man" and have been bitter about it ever since.

• Haha 1

Sir Sir! Stonkers picking on me again - tell him!!

When renting an apartment some landlords charge a dog fee when allowing the dog to stay, but the dog does not receive the fee..

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 12:41 PM, TobyAndrews said:

For instance: tea bags were given once a day. The day a guest was checking out they were denied a tea bag. The hotel said it was because they were checking out, even though they did not check out until noon. 

Replacing tea bags, water, etc, is part of daily room service, usually carried out once a day (hence "daily").

If someone complains because they want unlimited or extra free tea bags,  maybe they should go to a hotel that provides that service.

I'm not a fan of Phuket, but if this sort of entitlement is typical of tourists in Phuket I can understand why they're looked on by some as they are.

3 minutes ago, TobyAndrews said:

Sir Sir! Stonkers picking on me again - tell him!!

When renting an apartment some landlords charge a dog fee when allowing the dog to stay, but the dog does not receive the fee..

There's a clue where you said "landlords charge a dog fee".

12 minutes ago, Stonker said:

There's a clue where you said "landlords charge a dog fee".

Please elaborate Sherlock.

It's a dog fee. The dog should receive the fee!

By the way Hotels do charge bank fees. This is called a surcharge on a guest using a credit card.

Edited by TobyAndrews
extra

20 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Replacing tea bags, water, etc, is part of daily room service, usually carried out once a day (hence "daily").

If someone complains because they want unlimited or extra free tea bags,  maybe they should go to a hotel that provides that service.

I'm not a fan of Phuket, but if this sort of entitlement is typical of tourists in Phuket I can understand why they're looked on by some as they are.

"This sort of entitlement typical of Phuket tourists"

They did not want extra tea bags they wanted the tea bags they were entitled to on the day of their departure.

The refusal was typical of the greedy arrogant Phuket hotels' practice at that time.

And they will slip back into the same attitude now if given the chance,

1 hour ago, TobyAndrews said:

"This sort of entitlement typical of Phuket tourists"

Please  don't misquote me and put it in quotes as if that's what I said when it's clearly not.

2 hours ago, TobyAndrews said:

They did not want extra tea bags they wanted the tea bags they were entitled to on the day of their departure.

So they didn't get one set per day? 

That's not what the person making the review, ipshita95, says in their two star review from September 2019, which is that they felt entitled to an additional tea bag as they were still there in the morning.

1 hour ago, TobyAndrews said:

Please elaborate Sherlock.

It's a dog fee. The dog should receive the fee!

The clue was "landlords charge".

2 hours ago, TobyAndrews said:

By the way Hotels do charge bank fees. This is called a surcharge on a guest using a credit card.

No, that's not a bank fee; that's why it's not called a bank fee.

Byeee .....

9 hours ago, KT50 said:

Unreliable, mostly in the collection of the samples as the substance needed for accuracy is  quite far up and back in the nasal cavity.  Most people are not going to  impale themselves sufficiently