When Do You Guys Think Will Thailand Allow Tourists From India?

chanog

Hi Everyone,

Love from india.

I have been to thailand twice 2017 & 2019 and i loved it see some pictures from then

2017 When i used to be little fat & 2019 When i gave fitness a little bit of importance

Now the main question is when will i get chance to visit again?

i was infected with covid on april and i took my first dose of vaccine on july 1st i will be taking 2nd dose on august 1st week.

i am really looking forward to visit thailand if anyone has any clue do let me know in the comments.

IMG_1241.JPG

IMG_1547.JPG

IMG_1573.JPG

IMG_4481.jpeg

IMG_4523.jpeg

IMG_4600.jpeg

IMG_4646.jpeg

IMG_4884.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chanog said:

When Do You Guys Think Will Thailand Allow Tourists From India?

Probably shortly after the virus is eliminated in India.

56 minutes ago, SickBuffalo said:

Probably shortly after the virus is eliminated in India.

i don't see that in coming 2 years ;(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chanog said:

i don't see that in coming 2 years ;(

I would be somewhat more optimistic. 

The thing is, no one can really give you a specific time-frame. It is better to think in terms of prerequisites. For the government to open up Thailand to a specific country will require them to persuade the public that it is safe to do so.

On the negative side, the perception of India may be that it is a massive, overpopulated, chaotic country.

On the positive side, India has a massive pharma industry and may be able to rapidly ramp up its AstraZeneca production. If they can fully vaccinate 70% of the population over the next year, it will relatively  easy to persuade other countries to accept Indian tourists again.

• Like 1

Thanks for the photos - I hope you can visit again sometime in 2022.  But in terms of you visiting the Phuket sandbox, that is something that could be quicker.  Besides as others have said above about the numbers vaccinated in India reach a certain number and new cases drop significantly, I think 2 things would be needed. The Phuket Sandbox is still open, And they amend the Phuket Sandbox so that it is no longer a 'backdoor' into Thailand. If the Sandbox becomes a location that vaccinated and negative testing people can go for a holiday (Including Samui and the other nearby islands), but that they then cannot go anywhere else in Thailand. I say that because I think that if they continue with the current sandbox model, and the numbers of new cases continue to grow and more lockdowns are implemented, there is a chance the sandbox could also be hit with increasing new cases and that will cause it to close.  But that would mean backing off and changing their previous plans in recognition of new and changed circumstances - that is not something that is in the nature of this Thai Govt.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AussieBob said:

Thanks for the photos - I hope you can visit again sometime in 2022.  But in terms of you visiting the Phuket sandbox, that is something that could be quicker.  Besides as others have said above about the numbers vaccinated in India reach a certain number and new cases drop significantly, I think 2 things would be needed. The Phuket Sandbox is still open, And they amend the Phuket Sandbox so that it is no longer a 'backdoor' into Thailand. If the Sandbox becomes a location that vaccinated and negative testing people can go for a holiday (Including Samui and the other nearby islands), but that they then cannot go anywhere else in Thailand. I say that because I think that if they continue with the current sandbox model, and the numbers of new cases continue to grow and more lockdowns are implemented, there is a chance the sandbox could also be hit with increasing new cases and that will cause it to close.  But that would mean backing off and changing their previous plans in recognition of new and changed circumstances - that is not something that is in the nature of this Thai Govt.  

But then again - the Junta did change their stance on the Covax situation - so maybe maybe.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tornado said:

Today the Indian government released the results of the fourth round of Sero-Survey done during June-July and this survey concluded that 67.6% of Indians have developed antibodies against Coronavirus. Most neighboring countries have banned incoming flights from India at this time, so it's not over yet. It will take time for countries to welcome travelers from India, especially countries that have seen a surge of Delta variant cases that originated from India.

every country is facing surge due to delta variant right now, say it usa, uk or indonesia.

3 minutes ago, chanog said:

Looks like i can't visit thailand till 2022 Q4

No one knows for sure, just keep checking back on new visa requirements.  It's just an estimate as the vaccination drive is going absolutely terrible.

6 hours ago, Asif said:

I think October 2021 will open for All country 

Well I like your optimism but at the rate the delta strain is running rampant here with little to no vaccinations in much of the country I would think it will not be opening up this year. However there is always the chance given the lunatics in charge who choose to protect themselves first that they will do something crazy.