Thailand News Today | Bodies in BKK streets, interprovincial travel curbed, prison surge

Thaiger

Netizens are slamming Bangkok police, claiming that the bodies of 3 men who died separately on the streets of the capital were left uncollected for hours. 315 people detained at Khon Kaen Provincial Prison tested positive for the virus. Recently, police arrested a man for allegedly using Facebook to sell a police badge and a certificate for being a member of the commando police. With the restrictions on interprovincial travel from “dark red” zones, buses and vans are suspending routes in and out of the high risk provinces.

The post Thailand News Today | Bodies in BKK streets, interprovincial travel curbed, prison surge appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I do not think so. I have not talked to a single person who has been stopped heading out of Bangkok, the nations Covid epicenter. Not one. It appears to be a big lie, a big ruse, and just alot of jabbering over nothing.

99.9% of the Thais I talk to are so far beyond fed up. And if the 3-5% who drank the kool-aid still believed, after this latest covid debacle, Prayuth, Anutin and the gang have been truly unmasked to a humiliating and inglorious degree.

Who could possibly still have any faith in their competence, and sincerity, at this point? 

On 7/22/2021 at 5:42 PM, Thaiger said:

Netizens are slamming Bangkok police, claiming that the bodies of 3 men who died separately on the streets of the capital were left uncollected for hours. 315 people detained at Khon Kaen Provincial Prison tested positive for the virus. Recently, police arrested a man for allegedly using Facebook to sell a police badge and a certificate for being a member of the commando police. With the restrictions on interprovincial travel from “dark red” zones, buses and vans are suspending routes in and out of the high risk provinces.

The post Thailand News Today | Bodies in BKK streets, interprovincial travel curbed, prison surge appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

There should be major pushback against the police, both online, and when confronting them in person. They should know they are the face of a hugely toxic and feeble administration, which is despised like never before.

And all of us should go one step further. Whenever a minister, cabinet official, Prayuth, Anutin, Phiphat or others appear in public, they should be shouted down with the absolute heaviest furor we can muster up. They have to know how much they are hated, and how much we disapprove of them, and their performance.

Civil disobedience must start. They will be shown the door eventually. It has to start somewhere. 

1 hour ago, dmacarelli said:

Civil disobedience must start. They will be shown the door eventually. It has to start somewhere. 

They have guns, & have proved before, they can use them.

18 minutes ago, Faraday said:

But you need a unstoppable mass. Usually once one prime target has been taken out of the picture, the pack of cards will fall. So it is the head of the snake that should be targeted , not the tail.

31 minutes ago, Faraday said:

I think things have changed. This is NOT Burma. With social media, and increased levels of awareness, I think they would hesitate to start killing their own, and if they did, moms would quickly remind their sons that they will NOT be welcome back into the family fold, if they gun down their own, for the sake of a morally corrupt, and failed administration.

This time it is way different. Many things have changed. This administration is despised like never before, and I am hearing older, conservative, conventional people talking about how angry, disappointed, frustrated, and hopeless they are feeling, and expressing how incredibly stupid these guys are. 

It was already really bad, well before Covid came along. For the 10% or so who remained loyal, this was a tipping point. Expect millions to start protesting, the moment it is safe and legal to do so. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

I think things have changed. This is NOT Burma. With social media, and increased levels of awareness, I think they would hesitate to start killing their own, and if they did, moms would quickly remind their sons that they will NOT be welcome back into the family fold, if they gun down their own, for the sake of a morally corrupt, and failed administration.

This time it is way different. Many things have changed. This administration is despised like never before, and I am hearing older, conservative, conventional people talking about how angry, disappointed, frustrated, and hopeless they are feeling, and expressing how incredibly stupid these guys are. 

It was already really bad, well before Covid came along. For the 10% or so who remained loyal, this was a tipping point. Expect millions to start protesting, the moment it is safe and legal to do so. 

So when do think "things have changed" ? Would that be immediately after the nurse helping the injured in the Wat in Sukhumvit was shot in the back of the head by the SWAT team under the command of the then Commander-in Chief General Prayut in 2010, or after the military prosecutor, yes I shall repeat that , the military prosecutor dropped all charges against that murdering SWAT team in 2019 ? Or perhaps things changed this year when students were bombarded by water canon laced with irritant and the police fired indiscriminately at them with rubber bullets. So tell me again when do you think things changed ?

Frankly the only thing in my opinion that has changed is that this bunch of desperados have now purchased more upgraded weapons of war for use against the civilian population when it suits them to.

1 minute ago, yetanother said:

i do agree (if that was implied) , that the current thai 'society' (a snapshot of their 'culture') compliance is a conditioned conformity (look at their school system) ; thus change will be grudging and slow at best;

that constitution (and the reserved block for army-senators) is a real problem;

also, what is to stop another army coup at the first indication of a 'street protest problem' ?; any old 'national' excuse will do 

But you said and I quote " I think things have changed. This is NOT Burma. With social media, and increased levels of awareness, I think they would hesitate to start killing their own"  

So I asked when you thought they changed ? Now you say "what is there to stop another army coup"  which indicates you think nothing has changed so the points you make conflict one another

My point is nothing has changed which you initially disagreed with . 

14 hours ago, gummy said:

So when do think "things have changed" ? Would that be immediately after the nurse helping the injured in the Wat in Sukhumvit was shot in the back of the head by the SWAT team under the command of the then Commander-in Chief General Prayut in 2010, or after the military prosecutor, yes I shall repeat that , the military prosecutor dropped all charges against that murdering SWAT team in 2019 ? Or perhaps things changed this year when students were bombarded by water canon laced with irritant and the police fired indiscriminately at them with rubber bullets. So tell me again when do you think things changed ?

Frankly the only thing in my opinion that has changed is that this bunch of desperados have now purchased more upgraded weapons of war for use against the civilian population when it suits them to.

I am not implying that the army has become more civil, responsible, decent, compassionate, or that they all of a sudden possess integrity or a moral compass. Quite the opposite. You are right. Calling them desperados almost feels like an insult to all desperados around the world. 

I am implying that things have changed drastically, for the people. Life has become far worse than it has been in decades, the standard of living is dropping precipitously, and lives are being destroyed as we chat, families torn asunder, and society is unraveling. I have a good friend who has a close EMT friend in Bangkok, and the stories are too harrowing to even convey. She said they show up at homes now, and they all sit around in a circle and weep, after they are done doing what they have to do. 

All this started happening long before Covid, with the onset of this spectacularly toxic administration, but Covid has dramatically exacerbated much of the disenfranchisement already taking place. 

The people will not tolerate these goons much longer. My theory is that the army brass already knows this, and are now forming an escape plan. Hopefully into exile, but far better, into prison. 

They can fight a few tens of thousands. They cannot possibly beat many millions. And that is what we will see when this army created debacle is over with. 

These creeps keep on harping about what we should do to curb the spread of Covid.

How about if we turn this around on them. I don't know about you, but I am quite angry right now. They allowed this to happen, after all. This could have been so easily prevented. So, what the ex-pat community, and the Thai people should be asking is:

1. How can you demonstrate to us, that you are up for the task of leadership?
2. What are you doing to prove that you can and will protect us?
3. Instead of contact tracing us, how about we trace you, and make sure you are doing your job? How about you report to us daily, and let us know how you are handling and containing this epidemic that happened on your watch? Stop talking, and start working, and doing your jobs.
4. Why did you not prevent this? How did you allow these corrupt officials to let infected people in? Why is nobody in a position of power being arrested? Why aren't heads rolling?
5. Why are you not making the vaccines more of a priority? Why isn't the army sacrificing some of its huge budget for the people? 
6. What are you planning on offering the people in the way of assistance, so they can survive this disaster you helped create?
7. Can you demonstrate to us why you think Anutin, who has no background whatsoever in the filed of health, is up for the task of tackling this emergency? And if not, why is he not resigning now?
8. And why are you shutting down so many businesses, yet you allowed ground zero (Samut, and now Bangkok) to remain open to people coming and going since this latest outbreak happened? Why such bad decisions, and such extreme incompetence? How do you justify that? How do you explain that? Thousands of cases emanated from Samut province. You knew that would happen. 
9. How about a compulsory level of competence and experience, for all future administration appointments to key positions?
10. Why have you been so hard on foreigners, making it so incredibly difficult to fly in, yet so lax on the borders?
11. Why should we allow you to remain in power? What have you done lately to deserve that power? 

And in addition to the 40,000 expats and business people, how many tourists have signed onto your ridiculous sandbox quarantine program? Total? 8,000? Maybe? 

Any program requiring quarantine is destined to fail. Testing and vaccines. That is the answer. 

Trillions of dollars in tourism infrastructure is at stake, and millions of jobs. Man up. Get with the program. Stop the fear mongering, and roll out some creative and progressive programs. And be courageous and offer your people some real help. 3,500 baht per month for two months may be better than nothing, but it will not change lives. If the army was serious and cared, it could dig into its own multi billion dollar treasury. Same applies to other billionaires here. 

2 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

I am not implying that the army has become more civil, responsible, decent, compassionate, or that they all of a sudden possess integrity or a moral compass. Quite the opposite. You are right. Calling them desperados almost feels like an insult to all desperados around the world. 

I am implying that things have changed drastically, for the people. Life has become far worse than it has been in decades, the standard of living is dropping precipitously, and lives are being destroyed as we chat, families torn asunder, and society is unraveling. I have a good friend who has a close EMT friend in Bangkok, and the stories are too harrowing to even convey. She said they show up at homes now, and they all sit around in a circle and weep, after they are done doing what they have to do. 

All this started happening long before Covid, with the onset of this spectacularly toxic administration, but Covid has dramatically exacerbated much of the disenfranchisement already taking place. 

The people will not tolerate these goons much longer. My theory is that the army brass already knows this, and are now forming an escape plan. Hopefully into exile, but far better, into prison. 

They can fight a few tens of thousands. They cannot possibly beat many millions. And that is what we will see when this army created debacle is over with. 

Excellent and very agreeable post of yours echoing my sentiments entirely. My only concern is that prior to that there will be something like a "last stand at the Alamo" enacted where these bunch of dictatorial goons will be replaced at the behest of the puppet master by a bunch of even more desperate goons thus prolonging the destruction of Thailand as a civilised and open society until such time as you say those millions of real Thais eventually rise up and terminally end their rape of Thailand.

15 hours ago, yetanother said:

not necessarily a cure-all; even were the current 3-stooges govt to step down, say in a no confidence loss in the vote, the cabinet posts will be vacated  (not sure about the province governor appointees); for a time there will be no executive branch of govt;

and the mechanism, as i understand it, that occurs to establish a new govt will likely result in another horse-trading party 'split' govt not unlike the one we now suffer with; diff faces, same beliefs, maybe same (in) competencies;

along the way all the long-term govt contracts are suspended (oopsi, the vaccine ones ??) until the new govt reviews and approves them;

whole thing takes time, when we as a nation can least afford it

I am confident the youth will eventually prevail, and I remain ever hopeful they will have their eyes on the ball, and not fall into complacency, and embrace the sad, and horrific corruption of their fathers. 

They are the only future this nation has. Otherwise, it will continue sliding into oblivion, and irrelevance, and eventually be in line with Burundi, Mali, Burkina Faso, and Papua, in terms of relevance and output. 

Regrettably, your opinions dont matter a fig. Regardless of the millions of Thais you talk to every day, which is an achievement in itself.