Bangkok’s Bang Sue vaccination centre open to expats 60 and above

Thaiger

Expats ages 60 and above in Bangkok and surrounding provinces can now register from an AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine appointment at the Bang Sue Grand Station Central Vaccination Centre. Walk-in services are offered to foreign residents who are 75 years old and older from 9am to 4pm. Foreign residents who are at least 60 years old must fill out a registration form online to schedule an appointment for their first dose of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine. Only those who live in Bangkok or the surrounding provinces Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan, and Samut Sakhon are eligible to register for […]

The post Bangkok’s Bang Sue vaccination centre open to expats 60 and above appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Tim!!! TIM!!!!!

Just publish a retraction and I'll let it go.

Edited by LedLollyYellowLolly
  • Haha 1

This is my forth try, where the first two applications through government websites have been left unanswered for 2 months.

I also have ordered and prepaid 50 Modena to cover all my staff, but only received a reply from the hospital where I applied are left with only the answer, that the money 120,000 THB was received.

I now try once again, even I consider most of it a joke and probably a scam. 

I watched the briefing by CCSA yesterday and there was a lot of 'focus' on the fact that they are implementing real actions to provide Expats with vaccines - not just those that have a work permit, or are located in one of the sandboxes.  It seemed to me that it was an issue that they are now realising has been talked about a lot, but not a lot has been done. Allegedly - you can book a shot online and your appointment will be 2-3 days later.  They did not say how long the centre will remain open, but I would suspect that the initial supplies will be taken up by those over 75 'walk ins'. 

Point to note - the spokesperson made it very clear that it was for 'resident's of Bangkok and surrounding Provinces only, and that evidence of that residency would be required, and passport etc. to prove you have a valid Visa.  I saw somewhere someone saying: just book a shot and then travel to Bangkok because they did not ask me for my address when booking online.  I think that is not a good idea given that CCSA information, and also I think that it is not a good idea anyway - Bangkok is 'covid central'.  

2 hours ago, Sam said:

What about expats in other areas of Thailand such as Chiang Mai ?? That is living on Thai soil too ?

I agree with you, of course it must be opened to all, but at the moment yu shall not try to go to Bangkok, as this will not be allowed under the emergency decree.

Hope you will also have the chance in Chiang Mai, and hope it will be a real chance, as in Bangkok I have so far been fooled 3 times.

10 hours ago, tigress said:

... as in Bangkok I have so far been fooled 3 times.

As have plenty of Thais, who are no closer to being vaccinated than you are.