Sandbox traveller escaped to Chon Buri, faces prosecution

Thaiger

A person who came into Thailand under the Phuket Sandbox plan left the island before completing the 14-day stay and now faces prosecution. A Thai national stayed just 9 days in his SHA Plus hotel before disappearing without checking out, according to Phuket Provincial Public Health Office Chief Dr Kusak Kukiattikoon. The person’s gender was not revealed, but it was confirmed that they left the island and had travelled across Thailand. The details were revealed in a live broadcast this morning with Kusak and other officers involved in the Phuket Sandbox and this case, as well as Phuket Governor Narong […]

The post Sandbox traveller escaped to Chon Buri, faces prosecution appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Good to see the police and army have a tight lockdown protecting both Phuket and the Mainland. I wonder if a Police or Army head will be reassigned over this?

6 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Wow a 'Tourist' escaped! 

Lucky he or she was not found in a barrel floating in the Mekong.

Yeah and chances are it will be swept under the carpet with nothing being done, no prosecution, no fine, nothing.

TIT.

Now, if it had been a farang (whole different story).

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Graham said:

Yeah and chances are it will be swept under the carpet with nothing being done, no prosecution, no fine, nothing.

TIT.

Now, if it had been a farang (whole different story).

Did you miss the part that says "faces prosecution?'

Does your attention span run to more than 6 words?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

A Thai national stayed just 9 days in his SHA Plus hotel before disappearing without checking out, according to Phuket Provincial Public Health Office Chief Dr Kusak Kukiattikoon. The person’s gender was not revealed

'in his SHA Plus hotel'      'The person’s gender was not revealed'    ? ? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

A Thai national stayed just 9 days in his SHA Plus hotel before disappearing without checking out,

SHAT !! one of them's escaped .. quick call the dogs and bounty hunters out .. 

• Haha 3

How many persons escaped. First there is mentioned  "1 person",  second they say "they"?

Oh it must be a hermaphrodite or, have your own guess 

• Haha 3

I am not a member of the "Hang them and flog them brigade", but I genuinely believe that this person should be on remand in  Thai prison, so that they can appreciate the potential for harm they represent.

For many, the success of the Sandbox is likely to be judged on commercial revenues. I think a far more important benchmark is how much harm is done to the locals. I do have to compliment Phuket on how quickly they act once an infection an infection is discovered among the Sandbox contingent, but it only takes one case like this to potentially undermine the whole effort.

21 minutes ago, Rebel said:

How many persons escaped. First there is mentioned  "1 person",  second they say "they"?

Oh it must be a hermaphrodite or, have your own guess 

I googled this FYI: 

"Can you say they for one person?

According to standard grammar, “they” and its related forms can only agree with plural antecedents. ... “They” most often turns singular in common usage when its antecedent is considered generic, not referring to a single known person"

12 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Tried so hard to keep it genderless, but one slipped through my edit. Turns out it was a woman. Corrected now, thanks for catching it!

11 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

I googled this FYI: 

"Can you say they for one person?

According to standard grammar, “they” and its related forms can only agree with plural antecedents. ... “They” most often turns singular in common usage when its antecedent is considered generic, not referring to a single known person"

"Non-gendered or nonbinary pronouns are not gender specific ... The most common set of nonbinary pronouns is they/them/their used in the singular."

When the gender is unknown, "they" is a lot easier to read than saying "the person" over and over.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NeillF said:
13 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Tried so hard to keep it genderless, but one slipped through my edit. Turns out it was a woman. Corrected now, thanks for catching it!

OK, thanks for replying, I wasn't expecting the author to respond. I posted purely as humour.

Your post now makes it possibly more interesting as to why a woman was so keen to get to Pattaya. It's a generalisation I know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

Would be a great movie on Netflix 

Would be a great movie starring Kurt Russel,  especially if he has a sex change operation.  Everyone seems fascinated by the gender of the escapee.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

fascinated by the gender of the escapee.

that's probably the reason she passed all checkpoints...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Would be a great movie on Netflix 

Escape from Phuket yeah. Came as a tourist and ended as inmate of Phuket escaped, caught and ended up as a inmate in a Bangkok prison. Entered the plane free landed in Thailand as a inmate of the prison Island  Phuket. Thailand 2021 the horror movie

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Poolie said:

And you believe that ??

20 hours ago, Poolie said:

Perhaps the person's point was that there is a big difference between "Facing prosecution" and actually being prosecuted?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Other news stories I’ve seen said it was a girl. 

12 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

Other news stories I’ve seen said it was a girl. 

Yes, that's correct. It was stated in the update.