Private sector says lockdowns won’t work without vaccines, mass testing

Thaiger

Industry representatives in Thailand say Covid-19 lockdowns won’t work unless accompanied by mass screening and vaccination. Supant Mongkolsuthree from the Federation of Thai Industries has expressed scepticism that the proposed tightening of restrictions in 13 high-risk provinces will bring the virus under control. Instead, he says the proposal could cost the economy around 100 billion baht and will be ineffective without the rollout of mass testing and vaccination. According to a Thai PBS World report, Supant disagrees with the idea of a “Wuhan-style” lockdown, as suggested by the head of the Department of Disease Control, Opas Karnkawinpong. The DDC chief […]

The post Private sector says lockdowns won’t work without vaccines, mass testing appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

yeah, this is a "we will lose money" article, has nothing to do with "won't work". Both probably should be done long time ago, but better late than never, cause it looks like vaccination finally start crawling a bit. Please just close wet markets

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the farce of an army autocrat trying to run a country in a crisis wasn’t costing so many lives and so much money it would be a joke?

• Like 3

Masses testing with a process which has been clearly  stated and proven is not fit for purpose.

The man who invented the PCR stated that it is not meant to be used the way it is being used, 

First to test for Covid 19 you need to isolate covid 19 which has not been done. What's being tested for and coming up as positive is SARS but which SARS there are about 8 different one's to date.

Then you have the issue on the number of cycles the PCR test is being used at, 17 to 30 cycles is what it is  expected use in a laboratory in sterile setting which takes time and staffing which is not happening because of the number of tests.

If you exceed the recommended cycles you get false positives and that is what we are seeing

The vaccine is a means to reduce symptoms of SARS 2 not a cure.

Read what the vaccine manufacturers have said about the vaccine not what some so called expert working for the government.

No it won't work,slow it down maybe and soon you may find yourself in the wuhan situation coz you have no choices left, these latest infection numbers are a warning, and the  government is not taking it seriously enough.

33 minutes ago, Remi said:

Masses testing with a process which has been clearly  stated and proven is not fit for purpose.

The man who invented the PCR stated that it is not meant to be used the way it is being used, 

First to test for Covid 19 you need to isolate covid 19 which has not been done. What's being tested for and coming up as positive is SARS but which SARS there are about 8 different one's to date.

Then you have the issue on the number of cycles the PCR test is being used at, 17 to 30 cycles is what it is  expected use in a laboratory in sterile setting which takes time and staffing which is not happening because of the number of tests.

If you exceed the recommended cycles you get false positives and that is what we are seeing

The vaccine is a means to reduce symptoms of SARS 2 not a cure.

Read what the vaccine manufacturers have said about the vaccine not what some so called expert working for the government.

They clearly need you.

Volunteer immediately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Remi said:

If you exceed the recommended cycles you get false positives and that is what we are seeing.

You're wasting your time. 

covid lockdown , what crap, the govt has no business ethics or training or experience of what you would call a normal public servant. Now that people are rising up its all about quelling this so they can stay in power and rape the country more, any excuse to keep the people indoors

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gordo2613 said:

covid lockdown , what crap, the govt has no business ethics or training or experience of what you would call a normal public servant. Now that people are rising up its all about quelling this so they can stay in power and rape the country more, any excuse to keep the people indoors

"People rising up" .... can you be a bit more specific with this statement suggests that the whole of Thailand are about to embark on a pitch-fork revolution.....

Or is it a bit of wishful thinking based on a few protests in Bangkok and motor cavalcade down Beach Road Pattaya.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaimai said:

"People rising up" .... can you be a bit more specific with this statement suggests that the whole of Thailand are about to embark on a pitch-fork revolution.....

Or is it a bit of wishful thinking based on a few protests in Bangkok and motor cavalcade down Beach Road Pattaya.

Well it is pretty widespread however very covert so hence if we even elaborated a tiny bit to you , we would then have to kill you. You would then never get to "Silver" status

5 hours ago, Poolie said:

They clearly need you.

Volunteer immediately.

More sarcasm. If you can't post nice - don't post.

Let us see your opinion on the matter if you can understand the matter.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gummy said:

Well it is pretty widespread however very covert so hence if we even elaborated a tiny bit to you , we would then have to kill you. You would then never get to "Silver" status

I remember these covert activities in the past.... 500 Baht a time to attend as I recall ....

I did see Thaksin at a rally in Siem Reap a few years back... it was said 25,000 were there (I think it was nearer to 10,000 but a good turnout nonetheless.... most from Surin, Khon Kaen and Chiang Mai as I recall. When leaving the rally Thaksin had more more bodyguards running alongside his limo than POTUS.

1 minute ago, Chaimai said:

I remember these covert activities in the past.... 500 Baht a time to attend as I recall ....

I did see Thaksin at a rally in Siem Reap a few years back... it was said 25,000 were there (I think it was nearer to 10,000 but a good turnout nonetheless.... most from Surin, Khon Kaen and Chiang Mai as I recall. When leaving the rally Thaksin had more more bodyguards running alongside his limo than POTUS.

We need him back, or rather the Thai people need him back. Met Yingluck at Harrow school once when her son was there. Nice lady very polite and surprisingly very down to earth.

8 hours ago, Chaimai said:

I think you not talk Thai or follow hashtags at the moment and live in a bubble or a remote area. People who understand Thai and follow the social media know very well it is on the edge and that the majority is against the actual government. 

1 hour ago, gummy said:

We need him back, or rather the Thai people need him back. Met Yingluck at Harrow school once when her son was there. Nice lady very polite and surprisingly very down to earth.

Did you follow Tony on social media? Because he confirmed he is coming.

1 hour ago, gummy said:

You're not Rooster are you? Allegedly he taught at Harrow School & seems to revel in telling us every Sunday ??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gummy said:

Her son didn't go to Harrow school.  He went to Harrow International in Bangkok - very different.

33 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Did you follow Tony on social media? Because he confirmed he is coming.

Unfortunately even after quite a few lessons & a lot of  help from the mrs I was still crap at speaking/understanding Thai, after only 6 years in Germany I was nearly fluent, as much as I try I can't get to grips with Thai, although my mrs is surprised at how much info I actually understand from Thai TV, especially the news.

51 minutes ago, Golden-Triangle said:

Unfortunately even after quite a few lessons & a lot of  help from the mrs I was still crap at speaking/understanding Thai, after only 6 years in Germany I was nearly fluent, as much as I try I can't get to grips with Thai, although my mrs is surprised at how much info I actually understand from Thai TV, especially the news.

Ok I understand but the question on that quote was about Tony and the confirmation. Did you follow that or him?

41 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Ok I understand but the question on that quote was about Tony and the confirmation. Did you follow that or him?

Sorry, yes I tried to, but all the Twitter and Facebook remarks were in Thai, I didn't manage to find a source all in English, sorry about my rambling ?

25 minutes ago, Golden-Triangle said:

Sorry, yes I tried to, but all the Twitter and Facebook remarks were in Thai, I didn't manage to find a source all in English, sorry about my rambling ?

It is in Thai yes, anyway he confirmed he is comming that was the topic.

8 hours ago, Stonker said:

Her son didn't go to Harrow school.  He went to Harrow International in Bangkok - very different.

Smart arse, its the one I'm talking about , generally referred to as Harrow school here in Thailand. I had two children that went there so away and fry the fat elsewhere. And yes to clarify Yingluck's son did go to Harrow school in Bangkok.

8 hours ago, Golden-Triangle said:

You're not Rooster are you? Allegedly he taught at Harrow School & seems to revel in telling us every Sunday ??

Defiantly not. My writing ability is nothing like good enough for writing such features as he did and I was also taught to keep communications short and brief avoiding unnecessary bull shit which was not a feature of Roosters writings.

22 hours ago, Tjampman said:

This is widespread and untrue! I don't know if I can convince otherwise by stating a lot other information,  so I will just ask you a question instead.

How do you think they test for variants?

If you get pass the hype and do some research you will find the answer to your question.

These varients as there now being called are not new .

If you look you will see that they have all been paintented a long time ago and each one is owned.

None of these varients are novel.

Do your research and stop spreading the BS narrative.

Of course they're (private sector) going to say lockdowns don't work - Their businesses all get shut down. It's like asking a turkey if Thanksgiving should go ahead this year. I'm pretty sure the turkeys would say 'no'.

Edited by Ubon2530
  • Haha 1