permission to stay covid extension procedure

7 hours ago, Ubon2530 said:

Your information is outdated. That's for the original 30 day COVID extensions.

We are now on 60 day extensions which are issued under criteria 5.

I suggest you read the memo. The 60 day Covid extensions are handled the same way as the 30 days extensions as in 2.4 of order 327/2557, the only difference you complete an affidavit for the 60 day Covid extension.

7 hours ago, ChristyS said:

Is this done only for a tourist visa or will they extend an O permission to stay  on 60 day covid ? 

You mean a 60 day Covid extension at the end of 90 days granted by an Non O entry - yes.
They would rather short term visitors stay and spend money as the tourist trade has collapsed.

1 hour ago, M.O. said:

The covid extension can be done for any visa but bear in mind that it is officially available till September only (though I think it will be extended further, just my opinion).

Currently until Sept 27th, but I can foresee them extending this again until November.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Faz said:

You mean a 60 day Covid extension at the end of 90 days granted by an Non O entry - yes.
They would rather short term visitors stay and spend money as the tourist trade has collapsed.

Thanks for that response  but  I've had  this O visa since about 2015  

10 hours ago, ChristyS said:

Thanks for that response  but  I've had  this O visa since about 2015  

If that Non O was a single entry, it was 'USED' the minute you entered Thailand.

You've been extending your stay temporarily each and every year ever since, which is a permit, not a Visa.
Pointless applying for a 60 day Covid extension unless you intended to leave Thailand shortly after your current extension expires.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Faz said:

If that Non O was a single entry, it was 'USED' the minute you entered Thailand.

You've been extending your stay temporarily each and every year ever since, which is a permit, not a Visa.
Pointless applying for a 60 day Covid extension unless you intended to leave Thailand shortly after your current extension expires.

For the sake of this, er discourse  over definitions  let us simply  presume I need an extra 59 days -  my question  remains can I apply  for the 60 day  Covid  extension while residing  on an non immigrant O permit/  permission to reside ?

Edited by ChristyS

Maybe I'm not being clear or putting too many variables in the question- anyone please  still seeking an answer    

Can I ask for a covid  extension while on  an  O ? 

Edited by ChristyS
edit out

38 minutes ago, ChristyS said:

For the sake of this, er discourse  over definitions  let us simply  presume I need an extra 59 days   my question  remains can I apply  for the 60 day  Covid  extension while residing  on an non immigrant O permit/  permission to reside ?

There is no discourse of definition.
You entered Thailand on a Non O Visa, or entered VE then applied for a Non O status at Immigration. Either way you were granted a stay of 90 days, then and every year since completed a TM7, an 'Application for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom'.

Check out Visa or Extension of stay. - > Visas, Long Stay, Extensions, Re-entry Permit - Thaiger Talk (thethaiger.com) for further advice on the subject.

Yes you can apply for a 60 day Covid extension towards the end of your 1 year extension of stay. The cost is 1,900 BHT, the same as for a 1 year extension.
You complete a TM7 and affidavit to apply. No financial requirements.
Both forms can be downloaded here Immigration application forms for download. - > Visas, Long Stay, Extensions, Re-entry Permit - Thaiger Talk (thethaiger.com)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faz said:

There is no discourse of definition.
You entered Thailand on a Non O Visa, or entered VE then applied for a Non O status at Immigration. Either way you were granted a stay of 90 days, then and every year since completed a TM7, an 'Application for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom'.

Check out Visa or Extension of stay. - > Visas, Long Stay, Extensions, Re-entry Permit - Thaiger Talk (thethaiger.com) for further advice on the subject.

Yes you can apply for a 60 day Covid extension towards the end of your 1 year extension of stay. The cost is 1,900 BHT, the same as for a 1 year extension.
You complete a TM7 and affidavit to apply. No financial requirements.
Both forms can be downloaded here Immigration application forms for download. - > Visas, Long Stay, Extensions, Re-entry Permit - Thaiger Talk (thethaiger.com)

Thank you.