permission to stay covid extension procedure

Do I just pop into the immigration office? Assuming a form needs to be filled in. Which form is it? What supporting documents are needed? Passport sized photo required?

Passport photo, 1,900 baht, photocopy of housebook & owners ID or rental contract + owners ID, photocopy of every page in your passport. Complete the affidavit stating why you can't return (ongoing COVID situation will suffice). Whole process takes a little over 30 minutes. If you have a tourist visa, they'll extend that first before giving you the COVID ext.

• Like 1

thanks for your reply

I am here under Visa Exemption and currently have no housebook, no owner id, no rental contract. I can use a friend's address if required. Where do I get a copy of the affidavit to complete?

8 minutes ago, M.O. said:

thanks for your reply

I am here under Visa Exemption and currently have no housebook, no owner id, no rental contract. I can use a friend's address if required. Where do I get a copy of the affidavit to complete?

Answering myself now...

Just saw all the forms available in another thread.

16 hours ago, M.O. said:

thanks for your reply

If you're in a hotel they should have completed the 'alien arrival' form online. You can just put the address of the hotel on your application form, If not then a friends address is fine - as long as it's in the same province you are applying at. You'll still require the contract / housebook/ owner ID etc.

@M.O. are you staying in a hotel, guesthouse or a private residence.

Unless a TM30 has been previously filed, Immigration may refuse to process your application until the law to report an aliens residence has been complied with.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2021 at 11:38 AM, Faz said:

@M.O. are you staying in a hotel, guesthouse or a private residence.

Unless a TM30 has been previously filed, Immigration may refuse to process your application until the law to report an aliens residence has been complied with.

+ This can be a reason to not grant the covid extension.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Received a 60 days extension (presumably the covid extension) done by an agent. Does it matter which immigration office issued it?

9 minutes ago, M.O. said:

Received a 60 days extension (presumably the covid extension) done by an agent. Does it matter which immigration office issued it?

How much did the agent charge?

They're only 1,900 baht and easy to get..... I've been on this extension for over a year now

2 minutes ago, Ubon2530 said:

How much did the agent charge?

They're only 1,900 baht and easy to get..... I've been on this extension for over a year now

So as not to confuse I believe you mean you have been on these extensions for over a year as they last 60 days and cost 1900 THB each time. Thought it best just to mention that in case some people get confused.

Charge was 3500B. I reasoned that if I did it myself I likely get just the 30 days tourist extension which means I would need another extension costing a further 1900B. 3500 minus 1900 equals 1600B. For that amount the agent was willing to send a messenger to pick up my passport and to return it when done. I actually went to the agent's office as I wanted to be sure it was safe.

14 minutes ago, M.O. said:

Charge was 3500B. I reasoned that if I did it myself I likely get just the 30 days tourist extension which means I would need another extension costing a further 1900B. 3500 minus 1900 equals 1600B. For that amount the agent was willing to send a messenger to pick up my passport and to return it when done. I actually went to the agent's office as I wanted to be sure it was safe.

That's very reasonable actually. BKK?

I ask because I would like to have someone do this for me every time but the biggest visa agency (Thai Visa Centre) were asking 9,500!

Edited by Ubon2530

53 minutes ago, M.O. said:

If you want to make sure it's the covid extension, it should look like this:

It'll have a 2 week under consideration period so you should have 2 stamps. Make sure you check it's legit because that price is very good.

IMG_0739.jpg

1 hour ago, M.O. said:

Was the extension issued by the Immigration office responsible for where you reside.

If it was issued by an Immigration office in a different Province then it could be a problem if you have to visit your local Immigration office for any reason.

10 minutes ago, Ubon2530 said:

It'll have a 2 week under consideration period so you should have 2 stamps. Make sure you check it's legit because that price is very good.

Not all offices give you an under consideration period for 60 day Covid extensions.
Some issue them on the spot.

As @M.O. used an agent any 'under consideration' period would have been bypassed.

16 minutes ago, Faz said:

Not all offices give you an under consideration period for 60 day Covid extensions.
Some issue them on the spot.

As @M.O. used an agent any 'under consideration' period would have been bypassed.

Just thinking that there are very few offices who can issue them directly, even the big offices in BKK have the under consideration period.

An agent would still get both stamps so that it looks legit (unless it's from one of those offices who can do it) right?

1 hour ago, Ubon2530 said:

An agent would still get both stamps so that it looks legit (unless it's from one of those offices who can do it) right?

Not necessarily. The 60 day Covid extension stamp is still legit with or without any under consideration stamp. Applications and 'under consideration' periods do not appear to be standardized throughout the Immigration offices. The original memo to Immigration offices did not specify any under consideration periods so Immigration offices are left to make up their own requirements.

Covid Memo extensions (Eng).pdf

It makes no sense whatsoever for applicants to return within 7 -14 days for the 60 day Covid extension stamp whilst at the same time advising not to travel and practice social distancing. It need not be an 'essential' journey if common sense applied.

32 minutes ago, Faz said:

Not necessarily. The 60 day Covid extension stamp is still legit with or without any under consideration stamp. Applications and 'under consideration' periods do not appear to be standardized throughout the Immigration offices. The original memo to Immigration offices did not specify any under consideration periods so Immigration offices are left to make up their own requirements.

Covid Memo extensions (Eng).pdf 135.64 kB · 1 download

It makes no sense whatsoever for applicants to return within 7 -14 days for the 60 day Covid extension stamp whilst at the same time advising not to travel and practice social distancing. It need not be an 'essential' journey if common sense applied.

Your quite right, it IS a wasted trip - however these extensions are approved at the divisional level which is why they require a 2 week consideration period.

It does clearly state in the memo that the applicant needs to ask for consideration.

Edited by Ubon2530

2 hours ago, Ubon2530 said:

It does clearly state in the memo that the applicant needs to ask for consideration.

Absolutely, but nowhere in the memo does it state they have to be considered at regional level.
I was at Immigration the other week when they processed a Covid 60 day extension within 15 minutes.

In fact the memo states:
1. In the case of a foreigner who has been endorsed with a Tourist stamp (TR), then can get the application and ask for consideration of extended stay under Criteria 2.4 for travel purpose.

Criteria 2.4 In the case of tourism purposes:  327-2557 (2014) - Criteria for extension ENG.pdf
The alien:
(1)
Must have been granted a tourist visa (TOURIST) or exempted from applying for a visa. 
Each permission shall be granted for no more than 30 days as announced by the Ministry of Interior.
(2)
Must not be of a nationality or type prescribed by the committee monitoring official proceedings of officers of the Immigration Bureau.

Therefore the application process should be no different than applying for a 30 day extension, which does not require approval from divisional level, any Immigration official is considered 'competent' to deal with such extensions.

Personally I think those offices requesting you come back after 7-14 days are jerking you off, probably because they consider your creating more work for them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Faz said:

Was the extension issued by the Immigration office responsible for where you reside.

If it was issued by an Immigration office in a different Province then it could be a problem if you have to visit your local Immigration office for any reason.

That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks. As I do not foresee any reason to go to the Immigration Office, I guess I should be alright.

To be clear 3500B is the service charge. The Immigration Office 1900B is added to that. I did not want to give free advertising and did not mention the name of the agent. It actually is Thai Visa Centre. Perhaps I got a cheaper rate because I was referred by the people through which I booked my ASQ (the elsewhere maligned asq.in.th).

16 hours ago, Faz said:

Absolutely, but nowhere in the memo does it state they have to be considered at regional level.
I was at Immigration the other week when they processed a Covid 60 day extension within 15 minutes.

In fact the memo states:
1. In the case of a foreigner who has been endorsed with a Tourist stamp (TR), then can get the application and ask for consideration of extended stay under Criteria 2.4 for travel purpose.

Criteria 2.4 In the case of tourism purposes:  327-2557 (2014) - Criteria for extension ENG.pdf
The alien:
(1)
Must have been granted a tourist visa (TOURIST) or exempted from applying for a visa. 
Each permission shall be granted for no more than 30 days as announced by the Ministry of Interior.
(2)
Must not be of a nationality or type prescribed by the committee monitoring official proceedings of officers of the Immigration Bureau.

Therefore the application process should be no different than applying for a 30 day extension, which does not require approval from divisional level, any Immigration official is considered 'competent' to deal with such extensions.

Personally I think those offices requesting you come back after 7-14 days are jerking you off, probably because they consider your creating more work for them.

Your information is outdated. That's for the original 30 day COVID extensions.

We are now on 60 day extensions which are issued under criteria 5.

12 hours ago, M.O. said:

To be clear 3500B is the service charge. The Immigration Office 1900B is added to that. I did not want to give free advertising and did not mention the name of the agent. It actually is Thai Visa Centre. Perhaps I got a cheaper rate because I was referred by the people through which I booked my ASQ (the elsewhere maligned asq.in.th).

That's great news! I think that was their original price, then they hiked it up to 9.5k. Perhaps I'll get back in touch with them! Did you get two stamps?

Edited by Ubon2530

Did not get two stamps. Just the single stamp. Probably because there was no consideration period. Handed in my passport in the afternoon and received call saying all done in the morning after the next day. Less than 48h!

• Thanks 1

The covid extension can be done for any visa but bear in mind that it is officially available till September only (though I think it will be extended further, just my opinion).

• Like 1