FDA says don’t buy South Korean Covid home test kits

Thaiger

Thailand’s FDA is cautioning people against ordering the South Korean manufactured Covid home test kits sold online. The FDA says they have not approved them, yet. The seller, who is offering the Covid tests on their Facebook, says their kits have already been approved in South Korea. And by the World Health Organization! Also, the test kits can tell the curious testee in 15 minutes if they have Covid, allegedly. However, today, Thailand’s FDA says their officials have performed an investigation on the test kits and determined the seller’s claims are fallacious. Further, the South Korean test kits have yet […]

The post FDA says don’t buy South Korean Covid home test kits appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well the world health Organisation approved the test kits.

Why not you Thailand?

Afraid that independent covid tests might prove your covid tests false?

They really are as slimy as a bucket of catfish.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I can't see any home testing kit that has WHO approval, yet. (I'm still looking)

This is more about protectionism than anything.  They don't want you to buy a $9 test kit from South Korea (which a few months ago was reaching $150mn in exports).  They want you to only buy one made in Thailand, because their buddies are the ones that make those.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrStretch said:

This is more about protectionism than anything.  They don't want you to buy a $9 test kit from South Korea (which a few months ago was reaching $150mn in exports).  They want you to only buy one made in Thailand, because their buddies are the ones that make those.

MrStretch, you forgot the main reason, Thai Govt has not taken their cut. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

I can't see any home testing kit that has WHO approval, yet. (I'm still looking)

I'm just trusting Thaiger's report . . .

• Like 1

I would have thought it preferable to have as many people tested as possible. The rapid antigen tests Thailand made available recently were up to 700 baht. That's too much for the ordinary Thai. 

As seems to be the case always this is less to do with safeguarding public health and more to do with price fixing, control and money making opportunities.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crap, wish I'd seen this sooner, I already bought 500 of them from SK to handout to low income families in the area. 

Well I promise I won't buy anymore from SK.

*orders another 500* 

sarcastic laugh GIF

• Haha 2

main problem is how reliable are PCR tests from different laboratories ?

they send people to quarantine, but who will know ???

for example in Germany each resident can take a rapid antigen test for free
maybe too expensive for thai government, but help to find infections

Edited by satpete
  • Haha 1

The headline is misleading because it omits the word online. There are approved S Korean kits for sale in retail outlets in Thailand, which I would buy in preference to Chinese anytime.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, TobyAndrews said:

Well the world health Organisation approved the test kits.

Why not you Thailand?

Afraid that independent covid tests might prove your covid tests false?

They really are as slimy as a bucket of catfish.

Right on the money, bud!! 

Or most likely they want you to buy these kits from two of the worlds biggest pus bags, Gates and Soros!!

https://www.rt.com/business/529602-gates-soros-covid-testing-company/

18 hours ago, MrStretch said:

The PCR and rapid flow tests made in Thailand are mainly produced by Siam BioScience.

No comment.

The rapid flow tests developed by Siriraj hospital, announced last week and expected to be approved and available next month are funded by Siam Commercial Bank.

No comment.

18 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Look harder! They've approved at least three which Unicef distribute.

16 hours ago, DeputyDawg said:

They want you buy the Chinese Kits that they bought in bulk, more profit for them..

When did they do that? 

The four home-test kits approved (two from S Korea and two from China) were only approved less than a week ago.

1 hour ago, Loongtip said:

Or most likely they want you to buy these kits from two of the worlds biggest pus bags, Gates and Soros!!

https://www.rt.com/business/529602-gates-soros-covid-testing-company/

Unlikely as those, from Mologic,   haven't been approved.   

4 hours ago, Pompies said:

The headline is misleading because it omits the word online. There are approved S Korean kits for sale in retail outlets in Thailand ... (snip)

EGGSACTLY!

• Like 1