Thailand News Today | Foodpanda boycott? Airlines self-grounding, 32K Covid cases per day? | July 20

Thaiger

Foodpanda is facing a public backlash and calls for a boycott after they said they planned to fire a rider who they branded a terrorist. Asia Aviation, the largest shareholder in Thai AirAsia, says the latest partial lockdown is critically threatening their financial status, with no government aid on the horizon, or even being discussed. Empty or unused school buildings across Thailand are to be converted into field hospitals as Covid-19 cases surge and the hospital bed crisis continues. The CCSA, referencing research by a professor from Mahidol University, says it’s possible, in a worst-case scenario, that Covid infections could […]

The post Thailand News Today | Foodpanda boycott? Airlines self-grounding, 32K Covid cases per day? | July 20 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It’s apparent from the sandbox that Vaccination does not prevent infection. Positive numbers are meaningless as the true positive numbers are far greater as unless people are really sick they won’t get tested. 

4 hours ago, DontacoXII said:

It’s apparent from the sandbox that Vaccination does not prevent infection. Positive numbers are meaningless as the true positive numbers are far greater as unless people are really sick they won’t get tested. 

This is a false association. No one claimed vaccinations grant immunity to Sar-Cov-2, the vaccines were tested globally to verify a lowered risk of infection more importantly a lower risk of serious illness (requiring hospitalisation) and a greatly reduced risk of death from Covid. What is know at this time is unvaccinated people are far more likely to catch covid and they are more likely to spread covid and they are far far more likely to die from Covid.

Covid and more worringly covid delta is in the wild in Thailand, 10000 fully vaccinated tourists are going to have very little impart in the real case numbers.

• Like 1

I am due to fly home to UK late on 1st August with KLM. Can you tell me if this flight is a cancellation threat? Additionally, you recently reported that those who endeavour to leave the deep red zones require permission to do so. Can anyone tell me who will give this permission, what the rules are relating to procuring it, and where to go to get it (assuming I pass my COVID-19 PCR test)

On 7/20/2021 at 11:21 AM, DontacoXII said:

It is very apparent from the number of cases in the UK which is now at 50,000 per day and will I think rise to 100,000 per day as the UK is now out of lockdown that the vaccines work very well in protecting people from serious symptoms of the virus, the number of deaths and very sick people who need to get hospital treatment is very small compared to the number of cases now in the UK.

No one has ever claimed the vaccines stop you being infected, but they do help stop people from becoming very sick.

But as very few people are vaccinated in Thailand yet and the number of reported deaths and serious cases as so small with such a high infection rate is not believable.

You are not being given the correct number of deaths, that is obvious. 

But then again what do you expect in Thailand, the truth?