Korat governor Kobchai Boon-Orana urges residents to self-quarantine

Thaiger

“Many people are still careless”, says Korat governor Kobchai Boon-Orana Inhabitants of the northeastern province Nakhon Ratchasima (AKA Korat) are being encouraged to self-quarantine by their governor Kobchai Boon-Orana. The measure is to keep residents safe from Covid. The advice is in keeping with the fact that vaccinated inhabitants are not close enough to the number needed to build herd immunity. Kobchai issued this suggestion in an open letter today. In the letter he says how new Covid variants are more contagious, thus, a rise in infections has occurred as well as the number of patients in serious condition and […]

The post Korat governor Kobchai Boon-Orana urges residents to self-quarantine appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

28 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Inhabitants of the northeastern province Nakhon Ratchasima (AKA Korat) are being encouraged to self-quarantine by their governor Kobchai Boon-Orana.

'encouraged to self-quarantine'   I mentioned this before, I don't think most Thais have the self-discipline to self-quarantine.
Not only this, but the word 'encouraged' doesn't carry enough weight. Whether the translation is not clear enough i don't know. Perhaps being told they must self-quarantine under pain of a fine or even imprisonment, might carry a little more weight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

“Many people are still careless”, says Korat governor Kobchai Boon-Orana Inhabitants of the northeastern province Nakhon Ratchasima (AKA Korat) are being encouraged to self-quarantine by their governor Kobchai Boon-Orana. The measure is to keep residents safe from Covid. The advice is in keeping with the fact that vaccinated inhabitants are not close enough to the number needed to build herd immunity. Kobchai issued this suggestion in an open letter today. In the letter he says how new Covid variants are more contagious, thus, a rise in infections has occurred as well as the number of patients in serious condition and […]

The post Korat governor Kobchai Boon-Orana urges residents to self-quarantine appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So many people are being careless ? That may be so but this government is surely being more careless but not ensuring adequate supplies of vaccines were ordered in the 1st place. Blaming the people for spreading the virus when it is the administrations responsibility for caring for the nation is inviting criticism

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

'encouraged to self-quarantine'   I mentioned this before, I don't think most Thais have the self-discipline to self-quarantine.
Not only this, but the word 'encouraged' doesn't carry enough weight. Whether the translation is not clear enough i don't know. Perhaps being told they must self-quarantine under pain of a fine or even imprisonment, might carry a little more weight.

Yet, if one is paying attention, none of these engaged protocols [voluntary or mandated] have been terribly successful anywhere - worldwide - in varying degrees. 

In the end, folks have to act for the good of the commons. Which doesn't appear to be practiced universally. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, gummy said:

So many people are being careless ? That may be so but this government is surely being more careless but not ensuring adequate supplies of vaccines were ordered in the 1st place. Blaming the people for spreading the virus when it is the administrations responsibility for caring for the nation is inviting criticism

You'll be reminded that the ever present authority is always benign and benevolent - especially in Thailand. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, RuralSukhothai said:

You'll be reminded that the ever present authority is always benign and benevolent - especially in Thailand. ?

Many cancers are benign also but still should be removed

We need to start investigating these "doctors. "  It was their idea to lockdown.  They said they only needed one week. And guess what? After one week, they extended another 2 weeks. Closing even more businesses that don't fit their needs. To add salt to injure. They are threatening to increase the covid cases to 32,000 per day. No one engender knows if the numbers are accurate. Or where they come from. I understand that .007% of the people are scared of their sins. I mean dying from their underlying conditions. It used to be that 1% of the elite control the world. But now the gap between the rich and poor has become to less than 1%.  Irregardless. Look at Australia. If a lockdown actually worked. They would never have had a single case from the delta strain. They told you the answer to stopping the virus. But everyone is ignoring it. You just have to take care of your health. Better do it soon. Before these "doctors" change the virus again.   After all. It is a man made virus. I just wish stop the suffering of everyone else that has sacrificed their livelihood. Just to give the .007% a few more months to live. And yes. I do worry about my family because they have conditions too. But I am not God. I can't have what I want. 

9 hours ago, Nobody said:

We need to start investigating these "doctors. "  It was their idea to lockdown.  They said they only needed one week. And guess what? After one week, they extended another 2 weeks. Closing even more businesses that don't fit their needs. To add salt to injure. They are threatening to increase the covid cases to 32,000 per day. No one engender knows if the numbers are accurate. Or where they come from. I understand that .007% of the people are scared of their sins. I mean dying from their underlying conditions. It used to be that 1% of the elite control the world. But now the gap between the rich and poor has become to less than 1%.  Irregardless. Look at Australia. If a lockdown actually worked. They would never have had a single case from the delta strain. They told you the answer to stopping the virus. But everyone is ignoring it. You just have to take care of your health. Better do it soon. Before these "doctors" change the virus again.   After all. It is a man made virus. I just wish stop the suffering of everyone else that has sacrificed their livelihood. Just to give the .007% a few more months to live. And yes. I do worry about my family because they have conditions too. But I am not God. I can't have what I want. 

But if there was a God, do you think she could have done any different ? ?

I am not for or against self isolating but my thai family comes first .I decided to isolate myself from the others because my missus has to go outside for food,banking ect ect and has to take both parents for hospital visits as both have cancer ,fathers is terminal.They are poor farmers and i am their only source of income and support .My pensions are vital,if my nina goes outside and is unlucky to become infected she could infect all of us and others too,i am 65  IF I DIE  I SAY IF then they would have no income  at all. Desperate times require desperate actions ,luckily her parents  house is next to ours so we just keep our distance until things improve so its not so bad. We live in that province in the article ,for me i stay housebound for now.?

5 minutes ago, stuhan said:

I am not for or against self isolating but my thai family comes first .I decided to isolate myself from the others because my missus has to go outside for food,banking ect ect and has to take both parents for hospital visits as both have cancer ,fathers is terminal.They are poor farmers and i am their only source of income and support .My pensions are vital,if my nina goes outside and is unlucky to become infected she could infect all of us and others too,i am 65  IF I DIE  I SAY IF then they would have no income  at all. Desperate times require desperate actions ,luckily her parents  house is next to ours so we just keep our distance until things improve so its not so bad. We live in that province in the article ,for me i stay housebound for now.?

We all have to do what we feel is right for our families. You situation is difficult, well that's an understatement really, and whilst my own family are not ill like yours, I admire your thoughts, precautions and wish you and your family well for the future.

6 hours ago, gummy said:

But if there was a God, do you think she could have done any different ? ?

This was our own doing. We all got free choice.  Even with the lockdowns,mask mandates.  It's your choice on what you choose to believe and follow. God only intervenes when certain things are not yet to happen. Example. I know that I should be dead. I had a motorcycle accident. Fell on the street with traffic going 120Kph+ I was surrounded on all sides by cars. Because I was cutting in between lanes. But from the moment of impact. I just went into euphoria. Sleeping at the beach all alone. Best feeling ever. Then I realized I was in the middle of the highway. Tossing and being dragged on the road. The metal parts where my feet rest on the bike were broken off. Witnesses said I flew in the air and tumble for a long time. But when I looked around. There were no cars around me. The guy that hit me. Was actually a doctor. And he patched me up. Because half my body was full of bloody scars. Skin chunks missing on my left side. Scrape marks on my right side. I thought I'd at least lose an arm or break a bone. Because I was not wearing riding gear. This happened 23/11/2017. Before Thanksgiving. To this day. I still question why I was given a second chance at life. I am not happy having to be alive to deal with the stupidity from COVID-19. I wish I could get it. I've been exposing myself it any chance I get. Since it started. But not once. Tested positive. So now. I just live to take care of my girlfriend. Because she can't get a job. Money or food. For herself and her family. Without me. So I guess that's the reason I live. Whatever happens in this world is everyone's seperate choice. I am just waiting to go back to laying at the beach. 

I have a mate of many years who lives in Korat province, he usually drinks at a town centre bar, opposite the  market, the bar has been closed for a while due to covid-19, but one of the local hotels is still selling beer, so he & a couple of  mates ( school teachers) meet up at 4ish for a couple of hours, he can get vaccinated but because his mrs is not keen on it he won't, that to me is stupidity & I have told him that, but there you go, nothing  I can do from so far away, ( pattaya)