Despite chaos and confusion, hundreds of foreigners vaccinated in “one-off” event

Thaiger

3 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Why do you consider this news piece to be 'anti-Thai'? All it has done is to present the facts re this 'one-off' vaccination event, regardless of how well those facts might sit with your sensibilities. It's merely a news report . . . just leave it at that!

Since you ask, because several commenting here who were there have all, without exception, said that those aren't  "the facts" but that the report was  "not correct at all", "unfair" and "spreading lies".

If it had been just one person who'd said that I may have had a different view or not had a view on it at all, but this was several people, different nationalities, there at different times during the day, all of whom said very strongly that the report was not "the facts" but was  "not correct at all", "unfair" and "spreading lies".

Neither of us were there and neither by their own admission was the author of the Coconuts report, but since all those who were there who've commented here tell a very, very different story to Coconuts' "news report" I'm reluctant to just blindly accept the Coconuts report as "the facts" and "just leave it at that ", completely ignoring what those who were actually there have to say.

As to why I think it's "anti-Thai" rather than "anti-government", it's because the report had nothing to do with the government at all but described the staff there as "badly organised ... chaotic ... very few staff available to assist ... chaos and confusion ... poorly organized ... a mess ... completely mismanaged ... a 'shitshow' ..."

Meanwhile those who were there and commenting here described the staff as "orderly ... polite ... efficient ... did a good job ... completely organized ... commend the work the health care workers did ... very ordered ... plentifull assistance ... knowledge up to the task and very evident ... courteous ... a very pleasant experience ... well organised ... very professional and courteous ... awesome ... handled very well on the ground...".

Sorry if I've been a bit verbose and  banged on, but you did ask ? 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Remi said:

This situation is like buying something and not reading the small print.

It is insanity none of the injections on offer or say that they are effective in any way as it is a trial in it's 3d stage so they do not know the outcome of these injections.

None of the companies can and will not say you will not catch covid after your injection so what are people expecting from the injections.

The makers of the injections will only go as far as to say it may reduce your chances of catching Covid.

Fear is a powerful. Yes their are those who have already life threatening conditions, I understand , and then there are many who are being bullied into having the injection because of travel issues or the fear of exclusion.

Something not right.

I feel it’s not about any benefits of catching the virus, it’s more the benefits of not needing hospitalisation or death should you catch it. Recent data from the U.K. shows that only a 20th (95% reduction) of people are dying from the virus compared to what deaths are in an unvaccinated population. I’d say the vaccines are working. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I feel it’s not about any benefits of catching the virus, it’s more the benefits of not needing hospitalisation or death should you catch it. Recent data from the U.K. shows that only a 20th (95% reduction) of people are dying from the virus compared to what deaths are in an unvaccinated population. I’d say the vaccines are working. 

In NL it's the same. Most people in hospital are not vaccinated or got only the first dose.

The fully vacinated people in hospital are mainly older people, who probably did not make enough antibodies after getting the vaccines. They should get a third shot.

Vaccines work, although they are not perfect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Following a series of last-minute announcements from a number of foreign embassies, over 1 thousand American, Australian, Indian, and New Zealand nationals in Bangkok lined up to be vaccinated on Sunday. According to a Coconuts report, foreign residents queued for up to 4 hours to receive a dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine, in what has been described as a “one-off” event. A number of expats who attended spoke to Coconuts and described the event as badly organised and chaotic, but nevertheless, it worked to get hundreds of people their first dose of a Covid-19 vaccine. According to some people, there […]

The post Despite chaos and confusion, hundreds of foreigners vaccinated in “one-off” event appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

That you Tim?

Where's Khun Newton to carry on telling us it'll be "Thais first, expats will have to get their heads around that".

It was not chaotic. Like many other comments the people in yellow shirts were unfailingly polite and professional. Sure it took 4 hours, so what.

Whingers always going to whinge.

I heard about this vaccination opportunity through an email from my embassy on Saturday morning.

I arrived at 2 pm and left at 6 pm. It was very crowded and probably not the best venue for this many people in the time frame allotted. However, I thought it was well organized and have praise for the staff who were courteous and working long hours.

For the Americans and Europeans, if they were back home, they would have been given incentives and pretty much begged to get vaccinated with Moderna or Pfizer. So Thailand and SE Asia are nice (when times are normal), but let's not forget the advantages of living in first-world countries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am an American and attended and was vaccinated on Sunday. I do not feel it was disorganized or Chaotic as described. They had a good system of routing people to the designated stations for processing,  and the moving of people from one area to another was smart as it gave them a chance walk and avoid sitting in one place for too long. It was a lengthy process but I feel the Thai clinicians, support staff were excellent and polite to each person. Some could speak English. However, after the vaccination and after the 20-30 min wait period when the foreigners were released they seem to all cluster outside of the exit as if they we now completely safe. They should have made them disperse and find transportation.

• Angry 1

13 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Why do you consider this news piece to be 'anti-Thai'? All it has done is to present the facts re this 'one-off' vaccination event, regardless of how well those facts might sit with your sensibilities. It's merely a news report . . . just leave it at that!

you're saying it was written without a bias? People are saying it was completely different than they portrayed it to be.

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Soidog said:

Where is your evidence to prove that your theory is FACT!! You have none and are only regurgitating unproven misinformation and propaganda about a ficticious "virus" that has STILL not been isolated, purified or identified, even after 18 months of this insanity. Stop spreading lies and stick with the FACTS!!

1 hour ago, B707338C said:

It was not chaotic. Like many other comments the people in yellow shirts were unfailingly polite and professional. Sure it took 4 hours, so what.

And the lemmings and covidiots will run about like headless chickens.

9 hours ago, Soidog said:

The deaths are happening to the idiots who allow themselves to be jabbed with these poisons! 

Here are some figures from Europe that proves you are talking garbage!!

https://nexusnewsfeed.com/article/health-healing/eu-17-503-dead-1-7-million-injured-50-serious-reported

• Thanks 1

I was there and I was very impressed by how well the Thai staff managed to keep things moving smoothly in spite of the language differences.  Anyone who has been here for more than a few months should know that patience and a positive attitude are the keys to any successful interaction with Thai bureaucracy.  Apparently the vaccine side effects include stupidity and ingratitude.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Hundreds...out of the estimated 3,000,000 foreigners that live in the country.

Don't let the Thais break their arms patting themselves on the back.

It's disgraceful.

Less Burmese, Laotian, Cambodian and Chinese. Say 150,000. Tops.

Of which 1% live in Bangkok. See where this is going?

My daughter in law was kind enough to drive me there and stayed with me till all was finished.  She was able to track down a volunteer, get me a wheel chair and then push me through the process.  The people involved were all very pleasant and helpful.  Yes, it was chaotic and, had I not had my DIL with me, I would probably still be waiting.  Regardless, it happened, more people have now been vaccinated and I prefer to concentrate on the positives rather than nit-pick the faults.

• Like 1

Scheduled to get second dose, last time inoculation center was crowed and cases were only around 2,000. Now over 13,000 it seems like returning to Bangkok would be a very dangerous idea, but is it more dangerous to skip the second dose and miss whatever protection It provides?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loongtip said:

Where is your evidence to prove that your theory is FACT!! You have none and are only regurgitating unproven misinformation and propaganda about a ficticious "virus" that has STILL not been isolated, purified or identified, even after 18 months of this insanity. Stop spreading lies and stick with the FACTS!!

It is fact. The daily numbers out of the UK prove it, as do the reduced numbers passing through my crematorium in the UK

3 minutes ago, SuzyFakeNames said:

Scheduled to get second dose, last time inoculation center was crowed and cases were only around 2,000. Now over 13,000 it seems like returning to Bangkok would be a very dangerous idea, but is it more dangerous to skip the second dose and miss whatever protection It provides?

Why do you think traveling to Bangkok is dangerous?  

This is not the Plague, or chemical warfare, I am sure that you have the wit to comply with social distancing and other Covid prevention measures. 

3 hours ago, B707338C said:

13 minutes ago, PeterH said:

My daughter in law was kind enough to drive me there and stayed with me till all was finished.  She was able to track down a volunteer, get me a wheel chair and then push me through the process.  The people involved were all very pleasant and helpful.  Yes, it was chaotic and, had I not had my DIL with me, I would probably still be waiting.  Regardless, it happened, more people have now been vaccinated and I prefer to concentrate on the positives rather than nit-pick the faults.

well good for you ,the picture of all expat together reminded me of the bus stations full when leaving Bangkok at songkran and we know how that turned out,personally l would have not entered but unlike bangkok ,phuket safer for now ? although myself and wife and many thousands havent received a vaccine ??

5 hours ago, Loongtip said:

Well if you are someone who simply won’t believe subject matter experts. Independent people who have spent their entire life studying such matters. Scientists from all over the world and from all nations. Real world data from highly vaccinated countries using quality vaccines. Then I see no point in trying to convince you.
I quoted actual data from U.K. hospitals, verified by auditors. A 95% reduction in hospitalisations and deaths for vaccinated people.    

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Agudbuk said:

UK nationals get no assistance from their government

You sound surprised !! I have just received the standard reply from 10 Downing street, noreply@number10.gov.uk 

" Your message has been forwarded to the relevant government department"

That was the 2nd email I have sent to Boris ?

This is a copy of the message I sent to Boris:

Good afternoon Mr Prime Minister, unfortunately I have as yet not received a reply from your office or any office for that matter with regard to COVID-19 vaccination for expats living in Thailand other than to say that my message has been filed in B1N, considering I emailed you on the 27th June 2021, I find that particularly galling. It would now transpire that France has decided to vaccinate ALL French citizens over the age of 18, they have already vaccinated all French citizens over the age of 55, but wait, it gets better, now the Australians are bringing vaccines in for their citizens, registration is taking place now & starts on Sunday 18 July 2021, do you and your government not feel embarrassed by your sorry approach to this pandemic or are you happy to continue to tax your citizens abroad while doing nothing for them. A tad unusual I know but a personal response to a long time tax payer would be appreciated, or will this also hit file B1N ???

Edited by Golden-Triangle
Extra info