Domestic Travel in Thailand

Julien

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I am looking for more information regarding domestic travel in Thailand. 

I reading/hearing a lot of different things about it, and it seems that soon no travel will be authorize from any red zone.

Does anyone know where to find the latest information as the situation keeps changing every day.

Thanks for your help.

PS: my wife just arrived in Thailand and she is doing her 2 weeks quarantine in Bangkok. But she wanted to go back to Sakon Nakhon, and I am trying to figure out if she will be able to do it or not.

Probably best she calls CCSA Speaks Thai) and asks what reasons they will permit people to travel back to their home Province.  Eg:  Perhaps if the wife needs medical treatment and that medical treatment is best available in/near her home town and she has a letter from a Doctor stating that - then maybe that is the type of approval she will need. 

She will have no problem return to her home. She has returned to Thailand, quarantined and is now returning to her place of residence - that is a perfectly valid reason to travel.

I suggest that she keeps papers handy showing evidence of her residence - her address will be on a Thai driving licence.

Chances are that she will not even experience a checkpoint - they really are hit and miss and the strong words (a message) are not backed up by actions. She should report to local health officials on her return and she may be required to self-isolate for 15 days........ requirements vary from area to area.