Calls mount to boycott Foodpanda following plans to fire rider/protester

Thaiger

Foodpanda is being excoriated today following the food delivery service’s announcement that it was going to fire an employee for attending a pro-democracy protest. Users and restaurants of the service say they will boycott the service. The boycott (or pandacott) come after the service said it planned to fire a rider who was photographed at a protest. The company says the protest falls under the company’s policies against “violence and terrorism”. The rider allegedly burned a royal portrait. Foodpanda’s promptly said it would review the matter and dismiss the rider. Many protesters and journalists sustained injuries yesterday at a rally […]

The post Calls mount to boycott Foodpanda following plans to fire rider/protester appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

There has never been an ability to delete that damn account. They will only claim to have "deactivated" it but you can still login and order as usual, nothing is changed. I already had a prior dispute with them when they screwed up my order, so I spammed the "delete request" million times with no result. So I changed the phone number to some random and email address as well and then assigned a random password that I don't know. Have fun!

• Haha 1

In this case, however, it's hard to not side with Foodpanda. The guy is seemingly wearing his work uniform and proceeding to break multiple laws. Even if it was only about speeding or running the red light, getting fired would be a justified reaction from the employer.

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

I don't know about Foodpanda, but every other day I encounter 7-Eleven delivery drivers, riding on the sidewalk (Sukhumvit Road), not caring whether they run over pedestrians. Boycott 7-Eleven delivery!

• Thanks 1

Nothing encourages a Thai to change their minds better than the prospect of losing money.

The silly boy should not have worn his uniform, however he will soon have another job delivering for another service.

People power in action here - good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trying (without success so far... why is it so damn difficult???) to cancel my Panda account.  I will never order from them again.  THETRUTH oh my...  you really are a troll.

4 hours ago, THETRUTH said:

In this case, however, it's hard to not side with Foodpanda. The guy is seemingly wearing his work uniform and proceeding to break multiple laws. Even if it was only about speeding or running the red light, getting fired would be a justified reaction from the employer.

The news I watched at lunch today showed a totally different guy on a bike, no uniform, his girlfriend and the box. I don’t think that is the guy there. Could be wrong, but I support all the Thai in this for their future. Also wife had panda at her restaurant and after awhile ditched it. Not worth the effort to sell to them. 

yes boycott this organisation ,they soon took down their posting,calling the young courageous student terrorist ?? they are thailand very important future 

I think the damage is already done according to my son. For us, even to today we have never used a food delivery service. Just not in our cards.