Thailand Police clearance - as req'd by Aus Immigration

A friend has been told to obtain a Police clearance for submission with his wife's visa application for Australia.  Aussie Immi require said clearance for any applicant's [Australian] partner if the partner has resided outside Oz for more than 12 months, which he has.

Trouble is, local Police HQ said he'd have to apply in person in Bangkok.  With the lockdowns and Q requirements, let alone flight restrictions, that's not an option,

Apparently Siam Legal can obtain said clearance @ ~$300, which is a tad expensive, and so I wonder if anyone knows of other avenues or agencies with realistic fees?

We had to do the same for my wife @KaptainRob but we were in Thailand (CM).  But even if she went to Bangkok as required, it was going to take about 4 weeks. So we approached an 'agent' contact we knew in Bangkok who was able to get it done for her and we did not need to leave CM.  If I recall it was about 4000 Baht.  Not sure if she still does this, but I got the impression the company can organise just about anything to do with Govt.  Maybe send an email and see if she can help. 

Chutimon Anukul - PN Mahamitr Visa & Ticket International Co.,Ltd - https://m.facebook.com/CoolVisa.Pnmahamitr/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks AB, I shall pass that on to my mate.  He's already spent A$7,000 on the partner visa process so 4000 bt is not much more to fork out. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 6:22 PM, KaptainRob said:

Thanks AB, I shall pass that on to my mate.  He's already spent A$7,000 on the partner visa process so 4000 bt is not much more to fork out. 

Yeh mate - it is expensive but it is worth it ?

2 years - permanent resident, another 2 years - citizen

On 7/19/2021 at 8:33 PM, KaptainRob said:

Less than half Siam Legal and about the same as all costs involved with travel CNX to BKK and return.

The requirement itself is yet another senseless impost Aus Immi place on their own citizens.

I know a guy who did it many years ago - it was under $3000 - and then one year they just doubled it.

The Aust Govt (Depts not Pollies) have learned they can hit Expays with huge fees and costs - and there is no political downside.  In fact if they piss off the Expats which are 95+% Male, then they gain votes from the feminazis in Aust.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

We got the partner visa about 5 years ago, it's worth the trouble. My wife now has tax file number and Medicare. We both had to do a police check, for me in Australia online about $50 and my wife through Royal Thai Police but she didn't have to go in just go to there web site. More expensive in Thailand, later they will ask for a medical check which is expensive as well.  

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2022 at 11:24 AM, ChilisHot said:

We got the partner visa about 5 years ago, it's worth the trouble. My wife now has tax file number and Medicare. We both had to do a police check, for me in Australia online about $50 and my wife through Royal Thai Police but she didn't have to go in just go to there web site. More expensive in Thailand, later they will ask for a medical check which is expensive as well.  

If a person has been convicted of a crime and wants to go to Australia,  forget about it. Crims are not wanted in Australia. All crimes must be declared to the Australian goverment.