Government insists it can meet target of 10 million vaccine doses a month

Thaiger

The Thai government says it has enough doses of the AstraZeneca and Sinovac vaccines to meet its target of 10 million doses a month administered in Bangkok and neighbouring provinces. According to a Bangkok Post report, Opas Karnkawinpong from the Department of Disease Control says officials will ramp up the number of doses administered in high-risk areas, adding that nearly all healthcare workers have been fully inoculated. Next up for vaccination are people with underlying health conditions that put them at higher risk of serious illness or death from Covid-19. After that, the next priority group includes Bangkok residents and […]

The post Government insists it can meet target of 10 million vaccine doses a month appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

please don't insult my intelligence. i heard that Buriram has better vaccine allocation numbers...

Edited by AlexPTY
  • Like 4

They might be able to meet this if it's 9 million of the Chinese vaccine that doesn't work on the Delta variant  ?

Remember they can't count too good unless it's their money. Personally I think anything the government says is complete BS.

• Like 3

Just now, AlexPTY said:

please don't insult my intelligence 

Yes it is really unbelievable even after it is debunked already and published. Instead of resign they are making the mess bigger and bigger and crashing everything to the wall.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Yes this is the same government that has been prattling on for months that they had everything under control, look how wrong they are.

So we can take it that the above comment will just be the same, absolute nonsense.

• Like 4

Its very irritating when the lies just keep on coming on this topic. I know its about not losing face but the government needs to be sincere and certain on its promises on this very sensitive issue

There is no way they will produce 10 million a month so stop giving this false hope and be honest

• Like 5

Everything is about Bangkok. What about Chiangmai which is also having covid 19 outbreaks. There are no vaccines available here. I am 72 and have a weakened immune system. What about me? 

• Like 1

Today is freedom day here in the UK with all restrictions lifted. This was achieved through mass Vaccination. It has took over 8-9 Month's using Stadiums, Concert Halls, and mobile Inoculation Center's.  This Government in Thailand is telling there People they can jab a Million a Month. This is just untrue as they don't even have the Quantity to do this let alone the staff to do it. Its just a statement coming from the PM because he now realizes the Thai people have had enough of him and his party so he will trot out lies hoping they will believe him.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, Detismead said:

Government insists..........................

As soon as you see that, you get the feeling that it will not be achievable !

Well they have finally cracked how to piss in the wind and keep your feet dry perhaps.

"According to a Bangkok Post report". I'm curious why so many Thaiger stories are just regurgitating of other news organizations' stories.

It would be nice if we could get your own research on something as important as Thailand's vaccine struggles.

Edited by S2k

2 hours ago, andyb108 said:

Its very irritating when the lies just keep on coming on this topic. I know its about not losing face but the government needs to be sincere and certain on its promises on this very sensitive issue

There is no way they will produce 10 million a month so stop giving this false hope and be honest

They're not going to produce 10m / month of AZ. The remainder will be Sinovac.

9 minutes ago, S2k said:

I'm curious why so many Thaiger stories are just regurgitating of other news organizations' stories.

Is this your first day on the Internet?

• Haha 9

24 minutes ago, S2k said:

"According to a Bangkok Post report". I'm curious why so many Thaiger stories are just regurgitating of other news organizations' stories.

It would be nice if we could get your own research on something as important as Thailand's vaccine struggles.

Yes, jowever there is nothing wrong with repeating published information as long as the source is cited for reference. I 100% agree with you that investigative journalists in Thaiger uniform would be a welcomed addition as I believe a lot of stories are released verbatum from government media offices for general distribution in the community and are then circulated by Thai media with no fact checking or challenging of the "facts"presented. I assume that the Thaiger has limited independent journalism at present due to the fact that it is small and hence has a small budget for journalistic investigation. Maybe (hopefully) the Thaiger will become more investigative and independent in its reporting over time if it increases in popularity and attracts more advertising income.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, S2k said:

Iesus Christus....5 posts in & already moaning!

:classic_laugh:

• Like 4

10 million divided by 30 days is 333,333 every day.  They are averaging about 200K a day M-F and under 100K weekends. And they are running out of vaccines all the time.  

Oh -  wait - this is one of those 'Picard Announcements' that the Thai Junta is famous for.

Image - 168055] | The Picard Song | Know Your Meme

• Haha 2

More absolute BS from A-Nut-In, with a name like that what can you expect.

And as for Uncle Tu, I don't recall him telling the truth since before his arrival, everything he says is just garbage and lies.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

better get to it.

"Thailand’s COVID-19 task force on Monday called on people to follow stricter containment measures, warning that without cooperation record daily infection rates could roughly treble to reach 30,000 under a worst-case scenario."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand-idUSKBN2EP0Z8

They must have miraculously found 5 x the number of testing facilities in order to reach that figure. Shame they did not test adequately and randomly previously and concurrently ensure adequate supplies of vaccine would be available. Of course for that to be would have required firm orders to be in place, which there wasn't because they were too busy finding ways to fill their own pockets. They even tried to hide the facts by claiming confidentiality clauses with those companies they had signed up to. Of course their lies have now been uncovered by the disclosure that they only contracted 3 million per month from AZ. What other lies have they told ?

7 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

better get to it.

"Thailand’s COVID-19 task force on Monday called on people to follow stricter containment measures, warning that without cooperation record daily infection rates could roughly treble to reach 30,000 under a worst-case scenario."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand-idUSKBN2EP0Z8

I think the weak words above are "follow measures" and "cooperation".
Sadly without being forced to do anything, people here will just amble along and ignore rules that are supposed to help keep everyone safe.
There's not enough education or self-control for it to work.

• Like 2

The same people who told the masses Sinovac is the way forward so we have bought Millions for your safety, only now that vaccine has been shown to be inadequate to fight the Delta variant. You might as well use a wire brush and Dettol, but hey our top Scientists are clever.

• Like 2

It just keeps you seeing that their direction is only China and the Thai Chinese investor’s vaccine that doesn’t work on the prevalent current mutation, and the other vaccine only being made by a certain factory here. They plainly don’t care what anyone thinks as they control the money and the whip and the reigns.. Mark these words, the big majority here of the millions up millions will only have Chinese or Thai produced. And probably for the next booster and thereon after that into the sunset of the billions. 
Bless their little greedy hearts. 

Edited by HolyCowCm

I think that the lifespan of this corrupt mob is getting shorter by the day, the only question that remains is ' who will take over ' ? That's the scary part, I would like Thanathorn's mob to have a go, I know some people aren't keen but he is a businessman, he understands politics and he has charisma, he would be a breath of fresh air for this country, and like Thaksin he would never have allowed the country to fall into the dire state it finds itself in now, your views may differ of course.

• Like 1

i cant see it, did you also see the AZ announcement from Siam Bioscience owned by CPB ( look up the acronym) by next month they are saying they can produce 3m shots per month for the domestic market, but they are on the hook to produce 6m additional for the Philippines and Indonesia, some Thai ministers are arguing the shots should not be allowed to leave the country. Reading between the lines, CPB want the cash from a foreign govt 

• Like 1