All Covid restrictions lifted in England as experts warn of disastrous consequences

Thaiger

15 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

And how about the UK . . . isn't that equally messed-up since Johnson's suicidal coming to power?

Suicidal?

So, you believe Jeremy Corbyn would have been a better choice?

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

Would it be fairer to say that he spent his whole life protesting about the misconduct of the white races in oppressing the non-white races?

I might be but, while he was protesting he was sleeping with his nieces. That I think disqualifies him from telling anyone anything. As Depury Dawg said: Let him without sin throw the first bone. I think it was him that said that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SickBuffalo said:

So, you believe Jeremy Corbyn would have been a better choice?

Shh! . . . Did anyone hear me say that?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, King Cotton said:

And how about the UK . . . isn't that equally messed-up since Johnson's suicidal coming to power?

I left in 2012, since when things have grown steadily worse in my view - nothing to do with my leaving, of course! I'm just glad my kids are all career-achievers, with their financial security reasonably safe, since in BoJo's hands, I fear that nothing is safe.

It was YOU. When you left the country went to hell. Lack of your influence caused that!

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, TobyAndrews said:

It was YOU. When you left the country went to hell. Lack of your influence caused that!

Oh! My shame. I left in 2007. Please forgive me. 

• Haha 1

Just now, JohninDubin said:

Oh! My shame. I left in 2007. Please forgive me. 

AND you1 How was the country supposed to survive and prosper when such notable persons desert!!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TobyAndrews said:

AND you1 How was the country supposed to survive and prosper when such notable persons desert!!

And, guess what, I got my 6th - yes 6th! - 60-day Covid extension for my visa renewal today - a 100 mile trip to Sak-Nak. Fancy another beer before lights-out? Yeah, I'm on Leo 'Strong Brew' . . . at 5.1% alc that's all of 0.1% stronger than normal Leo. A strong brew in UK is exactly that - strong - like at least 2% 'better' than normal. But TiT!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

And, guess what, I got my 6th - yes 6th! - 60-day Covid extension for my visa renewal today - a 100 mile trip to Sak-Nak. Fancy another beer before lights-out? Yeah, I'm on Leo 'Strong Brew' . . . at 5.1% alc that's all of 0.1% stronger than normal Leo. A strong brew in UK is exactly that - strong - like at least 2% 'better' than normal. But TiT!

Cheers.

Try to be in bed before lights out. I missed the bed after a few beers one night and bust my nose. lol  

• Haha 1

Can't keep locking down forever, it is fruitless.  Just realize that we need to move forward and do our best to protect those most at risk.  This isn't the first virus, nor is it the last.  This can't become the 'go-to' response every 10 years.

8 minutes ago, TobyAndrews said:
15 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Cheers.

Try to be in bed before lights out. I missed the bed after a few beers one night and bust my nose. lol 

And if I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times . . . don't call me lol. I could understand it if I was called Lawrence but, since I'm not . . . I bloody hate the name!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TiT said:

Can't keep locking down forever, it is fruitless.  Just realize that we need to move forward and do our best to protect those most at risk.  This isn't the first virus, nor is it the last.  This can't become the 'go-to' response every 10 years.

Yes, true, but methinks a half-decent vaccination roll-out, from February's 3rd wave signals, would have got us out of this mess.

Did I hear that Covid has a 2 week incubation period..?  So a coupla weeks from now the UK residents will know if Boris's 'Freedom' plan has worked ..or spelt disaster for the nation..?

At the moment (oop in Yorkshire) we are experiencing food shortages on the shelves of supermarkets! Yes, seemingly there is a nationwide shortage of HGV/truck drivers that have NOT tested positive for Covid... So supermarkets are not getting their regular deliveries, PLUS staffing levels at all major stores are down due to employees testing positive also... This is before any possible backlash from BoJo's liberty-stunt... Next few weeks will surely tell..?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tanuki said:

Did I hear that Covid has a 2 week incubation period..?  So a coupla weeks from now the UK residents will know if Boris's 'Freedom' plan has worked ..or spelt disaster for the nation..?

At the moment (oop in Yorkshire) we are experiencing food shortages on the shelves of supermarkets! Yes, seemingly there is a nationwide shortage of HGV/truck drivers that have NOT tested positive for Covid... So supermarkets are not getting their regular deliveries, PLUS staffing levels at all major stores are down due to employees testing positive also... This is before any possible backlash from BoJo's liberty-stunt... Next few weeks will surely tell..?

This and the experiment across the pond will be a good test of exactly how well the vaccines work. If the headlines are correct then the current surges should flame out pretty quickly. If not, we're gonna be in for another interesting year.

7 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Careful with that "strong" brew.  You don't want to overdo it!   555

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Can't beat a decent can of Spesh; few cans of that & it really is 'lights out'!!!

When I was 18, for whatever reason I can't remember, I went out for a few with one of the college lecturers, a much older guy of 27..!?

Anyway, he was drinking Spesh, so I thought I'd better have one also..

After 3 cans, I was pissed as a fart. No idea how I got home, but fortunately, my clothing had not been rearranged.

9%....

IMG_20210723_062315.png

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Can't beat a decent can of Spesh; few cans of that & it really is 'lights out'!!!

When I was 18, for whatever reason I can't remember, I went out for a few with one of the college lecturers, a much older guy of 27..!?

After 3 cans, I was pissed as a fart. No idea how I got home, but fortunately, my clothing had not been rearranged.

9%....

IMG_20210723_062315.png

'my clothing had not been rearranged.
9%...'

So what about the other 91% of your clothing that had been rearranged?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Faraday said:

9%....

IMG_20210723_062315.png

Pissed as a fart.  Has a nice ring to it.  Funny how different countries express things.  Here people tend to say pissed to the gills.  9% qualifies as strong beer anywhere.  Cheers!?

On 7/20/2021 at 11:01 AM, JohninDubin said:

I never suggested you were challenging my integrity. In fact quite the opposite. You never shot the message, just the mesenger. I'll come back to that. 

The first vaccination was with the Sputnik V vax in Russia on December 5th. Mz Keenans was on Dec 7th. If you look at the news reports you will see headlines like "First to receive Pfizer jab. First in UK" etc. Then there is this this: https://www.rferl.org/a/sputnik-v-vaccine/31133608.html . To save you reading all the way through it, it is shown on a timeline. I also recall seeing the story on Sky News https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-vaccine-clinics-open-across-moscow-to-start-issuing-sputnik-v-jab-12151770

Regarding my criticism of the UK gov, I've said this mutiple times and I'll say it again. England has an 800 year of hearing of strange deadly diseases to the east of them, and two years later, they arrive in England killing hundreds of thousands. Nowadays, with air travel, we know that these diseases can circle te globe in weeks. Regardless, how stupid does someone have to be, to not see that like all the other diseases, this was going to be brought in by foreign travellers?

So what does the gov do? People who are repatriated from Wuhan and an infected cruise ship are taken straight to quarantine for 14 days. No infectious spread?  Excellent job. Whie we are wating for that to conclude, we get the first recorded case in the UK. A TRAVELLER who has just returned from a skiing holiday in the Swiss Alps. Within days there are other reported cases. Two of these include Chinese Students from WUHAN returning to York from Chinese New Year. I am watching these stories asking myself "Am I the only person who recalls that previous plagues etc, have always been brought in by travellers"? And for five months, the gov does nothing about using border controls to sctreen for infected people. Just aboiut this time, I am boarding a plane in BKK, and I have mutipe temp checks from the time I enter the airport until I reach the waiting area for my flight. 

During the meantime, the gov announces that in order protect the NHS, they have bought up 8k bed spaces at private hospitals. I think, "Fantastic"! Suddenly tey are deluged with patients so tey start looking to empty NHS beds. There are people, particularly the elderly who are being discharged. Do they use the BUPA beds? No! They send them off to care homes and thousands are infected and die, including care home staff. When they are taken t task over this, they claim to have put a "ring of steel" around care homes. This is rapidly contradicted by the owners and staff of the homes, while at the same time, it comes to light there is a massive shortage of PPE, in hospitals and even more so from care homes.This dumping is estimated to have led to an extra 20k lives being lost.

So the gov start rumaging all over the planet to find PPE. Eventually they announce "1 Billion pieces of PPE". It turns out that this includes millions of boxes of tissue, and that each pair of latex gloves is counted as two pieces. It's as if they want us to believe that all hospital workers have had an arm amputated in order to get the job.

Near the start of the epidemic, Thailand develops a test to detect CV. The gov immediately announcesthat they are going to fight the disease with a policy of, "Test, track and trace". Good idea. Very rapidly, theey run out of test kits. Then they abandon the policy. The reason given is that so many tests were coming back negative, they thought they were not getting enough bang for their buck. After a few weeks, SAGE persuade them that they must restart testing. They do so. Within days, there is a complaint about lack of testing kits. The gov responds that this is because of shortage of test facilities in labs. Suddenly labs all over the country are contacting the media to say, "We have capacity. Nobody has contacted us. What do they need"? Within days, the gov's narrative changes to "We can't produce enough test kits because there is a shortage of re-agent chemicals". Immediately, the chemical manufacturers contact the media and  say, "We have chemicals. Nobody has contacted us. What do they need".

Then Hancock, who Bojo referred to as "effing hopeless", makes his promise, "100k tests a day by the end of April. The tests are all being carried out at designated sites. That in in itself raises eyebrows when some people are told that they need to make a 200 mile round trip when there are nearer options. The suspicion is thar the gov are trying to discourage these people, who are mainly front-line workers in order to be able to say, "The reason why testing is so low is because not sufficient people atre coming forward". The figures are not loking good and on April 29th it seems highly the 100k target will not be reached. In order to boost the numbers, sends out 10's of 1000's of test kits by post. At this stage it becomes clear that the gov are fighting on two fronts, and the more important battle is PR.

In early April, Shaps is asked why there are no preventative measures on the borders? This is three months after the first reported cases in the UK.  Shaps replies, "Because the virus is already here".

I am at early May now. Shall I go on? Do you really think that my criticism of the gov is unfair? Did you see that I did praise them when they got something right? Did you notice how quickly they when they did get something right, they abandoned it? Do you think that I have been unfair in what I've written? Do you want me to write Part 2 of thus?

I think no one will read these novels. Too long. Short and sweet is better ??

29 minutes ago, DontacoXII said:

The fact that I've had a reply to that post and other lengthy posts too, might suggest that you are wrong?

Regardless, some issues require comprehensive answers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DontacoXII said:

They do, I do.