Jump to content

Tear gas, rubber bullets deployed against anti-government protesters in Bangkok


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Police in Bangkok resorted to using tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse anti-government protesters yesterday, after hundreds of people rallied in the capital. A report in the UK’s Guardian newspaper recounts how activists used cars and motorbikes to avoid spreading Covid-19. Yesterday’s protesters had 3 demands: the resignation of PM Prayut Chan-o-cha, a reduction in the military and monarchy’s budget, and the procurement of mRNA vaccines, still sorely lacking in the Kingdom. Protesters assembled at the Democracy Monument yesterday afternoon, where organisers handed out hand sanitiser, N95 masks, medical gloves, and raincoats, before making their way to Government House. […]

The post Tear gas, rubber bullets deployed against anti-government protesters in Bangkok appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Police in Bangkok resorted to using tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse anti-government protesters yesterday,

Looks like Uncle Tu is running scared, rubber bullets gawd almighty why?

Past time for people to rise up in their millions and get his mob out of it before the country is totally bankrupt and thousands more die due to his lack of care.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Looks like Uncle Tu is running scared, rubber bullets gawd almighty why?

Past time for people to rise up in their millions and get his mob out of it before the country is totally bankrupt and thousands more die due to his lack of care.

Very true but to kill a snake you should cut it's head of first.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, highonthai said:

Why are we not seeing more coverage of this!

Because it is censored by the criminals in charge. Voice TV used to show the student protests live. I think now that it is only people on FB who broadcasting live scenes, hopefully with a VPN,  and foreign press, the latter unfortunately not enough of them. I have no doubt that the thugs, perverts and morally depraved in charge of this country are possibly somewhat disappointed that there campaign to deny vaccinations to the majority of the population has not resulted in the results that these people had hoped for. Thus they may be very tempted to turn to their favourite historic methods of population reduction by live firing because unfortunately they may well have been boosted by their pals "hit" rate next door in Burma. Sorry times ahead I fear.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mike-Hunt said:

I see this article is attributed to the The Guardian (UK newspaper). It's encouraging to see some of the foreign press are reporting on events here too.

The Guardian????

It is indeed 'foreign press.'

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I definitely am against  BLM/Antifa or any radical group too.  But, I fear it's coming. I do believe the press is being suppressed and feel like they are walking on thin ice on covering or reporting on any protests or uprisings against this current government.

I even fear posting anything negative about the government, here or any forum online.

I've been through two Coup's in my twenty years living in Thailand and for the first time now getting worried about my investments/property  here.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, MikeW said:

I don't support BLM or antifa these protesters might need to take lessons 

Those are authoritarian movements that have the tacit support of the US establishment and the sitting government. Not protesters in the true sense.

These kids in Bangkok are going up against a powerful, deeply-entrenched establishment who cannot, at any cost, make any concessions to them.

In my household we are clear that we support the protesters 100% but under no circumstances will we allow our teenage daughter to get involved. Those kids are heading towards Tiananmen.

I suspect most families in Thailand feel the same way.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, highonthai said:

I definitely am against  BLM/Antifa or any radical group too.  But, I fear it's coming. I do believe the press is being suppressed and feel like they are walking on thin ice on covering or reporting on any protests or uprisings against this current government.

I even fear posting anything negative about the government, here or any forum online.

I've been through two Coup's in my twenty years living in Thailand and for the first time now getting worried about my investments/property  here.

I am grateful to you for sharing this, your experience helps others to gauge just how serious time will be and plan accordingly. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Faraday said:

Next there'll be baton charges & then God forbid, they'll open fire.

Most Thais have guns at home or in the car so I think they will open the Pandoras box if they do so.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, highonthai said:

I definitely am against  BLM/Antifa or any radical group too.  But, I fear it's coming. I do believe the press is being suppressed and feel like they are walking on thin ice on covering or reporting on any protests or uprisings against this current government.

I even fear posting anything negative about the government, here or any forum online.

I've been through two Coup's in my twenty years living in Thailand and for the first time now getting worried about my investments/property  here.

its certainly not the thailand we loved and also lived here thru a few coups,but in the past, never felt the present hostility, and also worried about the my wellbeing and future about investment/property a very sad situation exist

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SickBuffalo said:

Those are authoritarian movements that have the tacit support of the US establishment and the sitting government. Not protesters in the true sense.

These kids in Bangkok are going up against a powerful, deeply-entrenched establishment who cannot, at any cost, make any concessions to them.

In my household we are clear that we support the protesters 100% but under no circumstances will we allow our teenage daughter to get involved. Those kids are heading towards Tiananmen.

I suspect most families in Thailand feel the same way.

My kids in CM are adults over 18 and if they feel the need they can go protest again up here. So far they have been limited for what they have partaken in, but it is their future and it is obvious they need to get harder lined to win their future against these thinking they are so that elite.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Poolie said:
5 hours ago, Mike-Hunt said:

I see this article is attributed to the The Guardian (UK newspaper). It's encouraging to see some of the foreign press are reporting on events here too.

The Guardian????

It is indeed 'foreign press.'

I meant it insomuch as it's not the Thai press. How you rate the Guardian is another issue.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, highonthai said:

I definitely am against  BLM/Antifa or any radical group too.  But, I fear it's coming. I do believe the press is being suppressed and feel like they are walking on thin ice on covering or reporting on any protests or uprisings against this current government.

I even fear posting anything negative about the government, here or any forum online.

I've been through two Coup's in my twenty years living in Thailand and for the first time now getting worried about my investments/property  here.

You living 20 years and Thailand and really doesnt know anything about Thailand? BLM or Antifa is USA and nothing to do with Thailand or Asia. I cannot believe somebody living 20 years and do know nothing about Thailand about movements, protests or politucs in Thailand. How is this possible? I guess you not even speak Thai or read Thai othetwise you would know your post has nothing to do woth Thailand, really zero!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SickBuffalo said:

Those are authoritarian movements that have the tacit support of the US establishment and the sitting government. Not protesters in the true sense.

These kids in Bangkok are going up against a powerful, deeply-entrenched establishment who cannot, at any cost, make any concessions to them.

In my household we are clear that we support the protesters 100% but under no circumstances will we allow our teenage daughter to get involved. Those kids are heading towards Tiananmen.

I suspect most families in Thailand feel the same way.

Exactly antifa or blm has nothing to do with Thailand or any movement or protests here. It is incredible how sombody can live 20 years in Thailand and hs no glue whats going on in Thailand this makes me wondering.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SuzyFakeNames said:

I am grateful to you for sharing this, your experience helps others to gauge just how serious time will be and plan accordingly. 
 

I am sprry to tell that doesnt lnow anything about protests or movements in Thailand. There is no BLM or Antifa in Thailand and the protests has nothing in common with american ones. All protests are about the Thaisituation, against dictatorship and Prayut or democracy movements. I really dont know why he doesnt know it after 20 years living here and I only can guess he never read Thai news or talk Thai with other Thai people. I asked myself what is he writing there. Could be ignorance or living in a bubble because all this was present the whole year and last year. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

My kids in CM are adults over 18 and if they feel the need they can go protest again up here. So far they have been limited for what they have partaken in, but it is their future and it is obvious they need to get harder lined to win their future against these thinking they are so that elite.

Exactly it is their future and some of the commenters doesn't understand the situation in Thailand and especially for the young generation who live here . Maybe most of them have no children or family in Thailand.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Exactly it is their future and some of the commenters doesn't understand the situation in Thailand and especially for the young generation who live here . Maybe most of them have no children or family in Thailand.

Who funds all these protests then? Who pays? Answers on a post card to.................

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use