June letter warned only 3 million AstraZeneca vaccines per month

Thaiger

AstraZeneca now looks like it will deliver far less than the original 10 million vaccines announced, but letters newly leaked show the Public Health Ministry was alerted at least a month ago that the actual amount of doses would be far less than that. In a letter dated June 25 to Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul, AstraZeneca confirmed with him that it would be able to supply Thailand with just 3 million vaccines a month. According to the information from Isranews Agency whom the letter was leaked to, the letter last month referred to the deal agreed to last […]

The post June letter warned only 3 million AstraZeneca vaccines per month appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Lets try to stay realistic. The chances he will be sacked are practically zero. Also the chances the sandbox(es) will stop happening soon are very small. It should be clear for everybody in Thailand now, there is only one realistic solution: force Prayut and his criminal croonies out, by using any means necessary to do so. And when this is done, take all the time needed to find 'thrustworthy' people to clear the mess created by those military criminals and by the 'democratic governments before them. 

• Like 3

This article is badly written and misleading:

1) The AZ 25 June letter did not offer only 3m doses per month, it offered 5-6m. 3m was the quantity requested by the Thai health ministry when they had discussions with AZ last September.

2) The "delay" from end 21 to May 22 is not an AZ delay as the article implies. It is the logical end date for the delivery of 61m doses at the (higher then requested) rate of 5-6m/month. The end 21 date is the arbitrary and incorrect date advised to us all by the Thai government in their vaccination master plan. In the scramble now to achieve this, the country is being asked (told) to accept a first jab of Sinovac followed 3-4 weeks later by AZ as the second jab.

• Like 3

So Anutin tries to cover his back again.I mean how did he ever think  3 million doses would be enough per month,it would take around 2 yrs to achieve  100% of the population being vaccinated.?  The mind boggles 

Edited by stuhan

1 hour ago, Stageaman said:

1) The AZ 25 June letter did not offer only 3m doses per month, it offered 5-6m. 3m was the quantity requested by the Thai health ministry when they had discussions with AZ last September.

2) The "delay" from end 21 to May 22 is not an AZ delay as the article implies. It is the logical end date for the delivery of 61m doses at the (higher then requested) rate of 5-6m/month. The end 21 date is the arbitrary and incorrect date advised to us all by the Thai government in their vaccination master plan. In the scramble now to achieve this, the country is being asked (told) to accept a first jab of Sinovac followed 3-4 weeks later by AZ as the second jab.

Exactly, the full letter was in the Thai enquirier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stageaman said:

to clear up any misunderstanding ,why hasnt the letter been published so readers can see for themselves ??

8 minutes ago, harry1 said:

to clear up any misunderstanding ,why hasnt the letter been published so readers can see for themselves ??

Yesterday I sent the link to Thai news outlets for the letter and they worried a lot so I will no more do but you find it in the Thai enquirer. If you expect Thaiger will inform you whats going on at the moment behind the curtain, I think they will not or cannot. There is happening a lot the last days and weeks but you only can read it on Thai outlets or social media and I mean really a lot but nothing was written here.

In every article I’ve read saying they are unable to meet their commitments to furnish vaccines. They have NEVER MENTIONED why they can’t produce the vaccines promised.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AlohaFromThailand said:

In every article I’ve read saying they are unable to meet their commitments to furnish vaccines. They have NEVER MENTIONED why they can’t produce the vaccines promised.

Cmon you really dont know why? I really wondering about your strange question. Maybe you need experience in produce vaccines and a plant with the capacity? It seams you not followed the news one year. And why they will not write it in details you really need a answer for that???? Cmon  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stageaman said:

Not so much "badly written and misleading" as plain wrong.

The letter's been widely published, and Astra Zeneca DID NOT "confirmed with him that it would be able to supply Thailand with just 3 million vaccines a month". 

They offered to supply 5 - 6 million doses a month, which is still a fraction of the amount needed to meet the end of the year plan, but they were told that only 3 million were required.

Why?

Figure it out - plenty did months ago, but even more have now.

(My God, I've even agreed with @Stardust and given him a couple of 'likes' ?)

3 hours ago, stuhan said:

So Anutin tries to cover his back again.I mean how did he ever think  3 million doses would be enough per month,it would take around 2 yrs to achieve  100% of the population being vaccinated.?  The mind boggles 

Actually 3 years, excluding those under 18.

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

Yesterday I sent the link to Thai news outlets for the letter and they worried a lot so I will no more do but you find it in the Thai enquirer. If you expect Thaiger will inform you whats going on at the moment behind the curtain, I think they will not or cannot. There is happening a lot the last days and weeks but you only can read it on Thai outlets or social media and I mean really a lot but nothing was written here.

many thanks just read the letter in the thai enquirer refreshing to read factual

• Thanks 1

Az has made a commitment to allow another 3-4 million additional doses per month. That's 6-7 million and possibly the next few million by Sinovac.