Despite ban, protests call for removal of PM for Covid-19 failure

Thaiger

Despite new restrictions banning gatherings of more than 5 people in dark red zones including Bangkok, increasingly angry protests are calling for the removal of PM Prayut Chan-o-cha amid his government’s Covid-19 failures. The government enacted a prohibition on gatherings, saying that skyrocketing Covid-19 infections motivated the rule, though many question the timing of the order on the eve of planned large-scale anti-government protest. Flouting the new rule, the streets were filled for a march from Democracy Monument on Ratchadamnoen Avenue to Government House with hordes of people walking the streets interspersed with motorbikes and vehicles in the car mob […]

The post Despite ban, protests call for removal of PM for Covid-19 failure appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Today CM had maybe a couple - few hundred cars and trucks and bikes packed with people and signs with loud speaker coming out from the Government complex area around 4:30. You could see supporters on both sides of the street. One in the procession, and the other side openly same feeling in support of it. It is really apparent that the moral majority do not like and are fully anti them. This is never going to stop and will escalate until they get out. 

Edited by HolyCowCm
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Abertillery said:

Yes there was a red shirt protest in khon kaen yesterday 

You would think if they really coordinated it en masse country wide, and families push their family in the military and any other official status to turn, then they could actually get these guys out. It is not impossible, just needs a better push and tug. 

• Like 1

It's gonna be a wild next 6 mos folks, return your seats to the upright position and fasten your seatbelts. crazy evil dead GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wonder how many got arrested? And I would gather they will use pictures and surveillance cameras to nail a bunch more. 

Well surely they can't be arrested (max 5 people in a car) this is not against the law ? Max 2 on a motorbike, again not against the law ? I hope there were not more than 5 RTP or they may have to arrest themselves. 555

14 minutes ago, Objectivance said:

It's gonna be a wild next 6 mos folks, return your seats to the upright position and fasten your seatbelts. crazy evil dead GIF

6 months or years?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Graham said:

Well surely they can't be arrested (max 5 people in a car) this is not against the law ? Max 2 on a motorbike, again not against the law ? I hope there were not more than 5 RTP or they may have to arrest themselves. 555

I think they can use the new aggravation or causes anxiety to someone rule under the law. And that can pertain to anyone doing quite frankly anything. Also in Bkk they were marching. CM seemed to be all in cars on bikes. But there were more than 5 in trucks and 5 + in many cars. 

1 hour ago, Objectivance said:

But as I know you have the boat and 2 lime tress on standby, right? Most dont understand Thai and they dont know what their emotions right now and whats going on.

Guess whos coming for dinner...

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

I think they can use the new aggravation or causes anxiety to someone rule under the law. And that can pertain to anyone doing quite frankly anything. Also in Bkk they were marching. CM seemed to be all in cars on bikes. But there were more than 5 in trucks and 5 + in many cars. 

Also by foot but I dont know if you watched the livestream then you will understand better the situation 

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

You would think if they really coordinated it en masse country wide, and families push their family in the military and any other official status to turn, then they could actually get these guys out. It is not impossible, just needs a better push and tug. 

I think that’s absolutely right. However, I think there is a bigger chance of another intervention by the military. We all know what the situation is, but another intervention could be seen as a fresh start? 

2 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I think that’s absolutely right. However, I think there is a bigger chance of another intervention by the military. We all know what the situation is, but another intervention could be seen as a fresh start? 

Read the hashtags the last days, they are incredible and who they expect is comming. But we will see if this is really true and if true a really big surprise.

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Today CM had maybe a couple - few hundred cars and trucks and bikes packed with people and signs with loud speaker coming out from the Government complex area around 4:30. You could see supporters on both sides of the street. One in the procession, and the other side openly same feeling in support of it. It is really apparent that the moral majority do not like and are fully anti them. This is never going to stop and will escalate until they get out. 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/politics/2150783/police-fire-water-cannon-rubber-bullets-tear-gas-at-protesters

Almost every Thai has a firearm. (Just saying) When the stupid 3 finger hunger game gesture is over, that's when the real problem starts. I hope I'll be outta here by then.

10 hours ago, thai3 said:

Peaceful protest - 

Police fire water cannon, rubber bullets, tear gas at protesters

Good job no one was dressed as a nurse, The Thai army would have shot her in the back like last time

6 hours ago, BookShe said:

Almost every Thai has a firearm. (Just saying) When the stupid 3 finger hunger game gesture is over, that's when the real problem starts. I hope I'll be outta here by then.

Its not the case that so many Thais have a firearm, the problem is they are such poor shots its most likely the wrong person gets the bullet.

Somebody needs to teach the people here about Iranian history 1979, you know When Ayatollah Khomeini arrived at Teran airport thousands upon thousands where there to greet him.

Authorities were helpless to stop them, that is what is needed here mobilization of millions over whelm the security forces, and force him out, a general strike, shut down the country for a few days.

• Like 1

Try to imagine this. Police (2000 strong) opposing protesters.  The police of course will adhere to the rules. Meaning they will oppose the protesters in groupes of no more then 5 persons, each person in such a groupe making certain the distance between them individualy will be at least 1.5 metres.

Needless to say the distance between those groupes needs to be more then 1.5 metres to distinguish the groupes from each other.

I guess protesters can just walk everywhere they want to go then, applying the same rules. I wish them a pleasant walk and succes realising their goals.