Dozens arrested in Phuket baccarat game, including local politician

Thaiger

Phuket police arrested 27 gamblers today who were allegedly playing baccarat at a seaside resort hotel. The alleged gamblers, which reportedly includes a local politician, have been charged with illegal gambling and violating the ban on gathering in groups. Police seized 3 baccarat tables, chips, computers and other items associated with gambling. The hotel where the alleged baccarat happened is situated on a hill in the Ko Sire area. The hotel is situated on a hill on a road in the Ko Sire area in tambon Ratsada of Muang district. Muang Phuket Police Chief, Thirawat Liamsuwan, say the hotel was […]

The post Dozens arrested in Phuket baccarat game, including local politician appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I think it's a proactive measurement by the police. They don't want these people to catch covid. Since we don't have vaccines, I wanna hear more stories like this. Please God help these people to come back to the herd since they don't know what they are doing. Help these black sheeps to understand their sins. Amen

Edited by BookShe
  • Haha 2

No, it cannot be, must be a misunderstanding surely are you sure it was a politician ?

In the end I am sure they were merely in the wrong place at the wrong time just the same as the one who wasn't convicted of drug smuggling. 555

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Graham said:

who wasn't convicted of drug smuggling.

I'm not. I managed to outsmart the police. I always asked my Thai wife to hide the evidence.

31 minutes ago, Graham said:

I noticed that it took the bib a month to act on the tip off, I wonder why so long ?

You have to a$k ?

• Haha 2

It’s always wise to heed the late Kenny Rogers advice!  The authors comment in this story was a brilliant touch.  Let’s explore this further:  “The Gambler”

You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done’

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Soidog said:

It beggars belief doesn’t it. It’s like reading the Beano at times what goes on in Thailand

Especially with Dennis The Menace in charge.

• Haha 1

Card playing group in our mooban, dobbed in by a spiteful neighbour, were raided by 8 burly RTP in 3 pick-ups.  All the TG's were carted away and fined 600 bt each.  We heard later that there was a decent sized 'pot' confiscated.  The organiser had been raking in heaps from each game with marked cards.

One poor soul, her husband away on FIFO oil rig, had lost the deeds to their land in this group.  He never forgave her, took their baby girl and went back to the UK.