Covid UPDATE Sunday: 11,397 new infections, daily news briefs

Thaiger

Another rise in new infections detected over the past 24 hours and announced this morning by the public health department. 11,397 new cases were announced, a tase on yesterday’s figure and the second over 10,000 people. Another 101 Covid-related deaths today, the second day over 100 deaths being announced. 318 cases were announced from prisons this morning. Watch out for increased restrictions in the news over the next few days as the Thai government grapple with one of the highest rises in the news, per capita, in south east Asia. Provincial totals will be published just after lunchtime today. Across the […]

The post Covid UPDATE Sunday: 11,397 new infections, daily news briefs appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Phaarkk - and this is on a Sunday when numbers usually drop. 

Back in a minute - just going to Makro for a minute.

Lockdowns coming - big ones. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Is it time to start thinking about moving back home? It is mind boggling and tragic to think about how many ways this will affect the Thai people for years to come. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SuzyFakeNames said:

Is it time to start thinking about moving back home? It is mind boggling and tragic to think about how many ways this will affect the Thai people for years to come. 

Too late now mate - best to ride it out I reckon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Phaarkk - and this is on a Sunday when numbers usually drop. 

Back in a minute - just going to Makro for a minute.

Lockdowns coming - big ones. 

Which macro you are going to? The one outside of Thailand?

Edited by BookShe
  • Haha 3

With the increasing numbers, and Germany requirements now quarantining travellers from Thailand, good chance rest of the world will follow. If this happens, then the actual tourists to the Phuket Sandbox may just not arrive in the numbers the TAT are hoping for (and spouting off in the press). With the numbers increase today good bet more CCSA restrictions promulgated later today. As the say …… watch this space.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

The leaked letter yesterday who went viral showed us all by what kind of criminals and incompetend Clowns this government is managed. If they not resign now Thailand is doomed.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2150463/anutin-insists-az-lift-local-jab-target-from-3-million

After reading that article it's just the same from Anutin,excuses,lies,and promises .Anutin must be best buddies with the  P.M otherwise he would have been removed long ago .

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BookShe said:

Which macro you are going to? The one outside of Thailand?

Hint Hint  :) 

Dont wait too long :)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

may just not arrive in the numbers the TAT are hoping for

Ok. The number(s) TAT announced during the last 6 months was coming down from 12 million this year to I think 3 million. I don't think anyone should listen to their predictions. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stuhan said:

After reading that article it's just the same from Anutin,excuses,lies,and promises .Anutin must be best buddies with the  P.M otherwise he would have been removed long ago .

Anutin is the head of the Bhumjaithai Party which is the main political Party that supports the Junta Party (Palang Pracharath Party) - that is why he is Deputy PM and a senior Minister.    

9 minutes ago, BookShe said:

Ok. The number(s) TAT announced during the last 6 months was coming down from 12 million this year to I think 3 million. I don't think anyone should listen to their predictions. 

All their predictions last year and this year were wrong and all their programs were flops. 

7 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Anutin is the head of the Bhumjaithai Party which is the main political Party that supports the Junta Party (Palang Pracharath Party) - that is why he is Deputy PM and a senior Minister.    

It looks like you really went to a macro outside of Thailand if you dare to say this. :)))

• Haha 2

well, i guess we can start the game from now on lol ..... what will be the numbers tomorrow?  hummmmm ..12 378 .... i am wondering how far i ll be.

On 7/18/2021 at 11:08 AM, Stardust said:

<deleted non-approved LINK>

Here everybody can read the letter and should be very intersting for the Thaiger team, too. This is shows the size of all the lies .

Be very careful guys - you know who owns the company that signed the Agreement to manufacture the vaccines. And if you know that you also know the laws of Thailand regarding that issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Stardust said:

All their predictions last year and this year were wrong and all their programs were flops. 

What do you mean 'last year and this year'?? 

TAT are always wrong - always have been - always will be.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Be very careful guys - you know who owns the company that signed the Agreement to manufacture the vaccines. And if you know that you also know the laws of Thailand regarding that issue.

The letter was out already out yesterday by all big news outlets and was in the Thai tv already and went viral through the social media.

Every country and culture has a different metaphor to describe a missed moment. I'm not sure which one they use in Thailand so I try to collect some, hoping one will stick.

This ship has left the port, This train, bus left the station, This submarine has submerged, This horse left the barn, This rocket left the planet, this fly has left the dump. Please feel free to add more to this list. 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

What do you mean 'last year and this year'?? 

TAT are always wrong - always have been - always will be.

Check the predictions of last year and this year and their programs they made. I think everybody living in Thailand followed it.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

If I am right you have a Thai wife or maybe you understand Thai and follow the Thai news/tv/social then you get some insights whats on their topics at the moment. Anyway it was clearly yesterday it was that their lives, health, healthsystem, jobs and economy is at the stake and not of a few people. They are talking about the destiny of aprox 70 million people and that was in their focus. This was very clearly in all we/ the whole nation followed yesterday. My opionion is that made it clear what is their decision and why it was published in the news/tv/social media. By the way do you think Astra will take the blame or can risk that? I mean is not only about reputation also about legal steps if they break the contracts. As you could follow in Europe. You think they would risk everything because of Thailand? I guess not. Follow a bit also the Thainews then you can see what is in the news in the folowing days. This one maybe was new for you but it was already yesterday in the Thainews.

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

The letter was out already out yesterday by all big news outlets and was in the Thai tv already and went viral through the social media.

All good - I meant dont say anything bad/negative about the company and more importantly the owner.