Gatherings prohibited due to Covid-19 before planned protests

Thaiger

For the safety of its citizens and to protect from the spread of Covid-19, the greater Bangkok area Covid-19 command centre has banned any activities or gatherings that involve more than 5 people. The ban on gatherings comes coincidentally just hours before planned mass anti-government protests in the capital, scheduled for today. The ban went into effect for Bangkok, Samut Sakhon, Samut Prakan, Pathum Thani, Nonthaburi, and Nakhon Pathom immediately. In a briefing yesterday, the government threatened tighter lockdown restrictions coming as Covid-19 infections surge and hundreds of people were caught breaking curfew and ignoring restrictions. General Charlempol Srisawat is […]

The post Gatherings prohibited due to Covid-19 before planned protests appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

11 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

For the safety of its citizens and to protect from the spread of Covid-19,

Total bollocks, gatherings prohibited due to Prayut and mob running scared.

It was due to him and his damned cronies that covid was allowed to get out of control, they are using covid as an excuse to control the masses.

• Like 12

They are openly blackmailing the protesters. I think this will only make people more angry at the government.. They could try to play fair just once see how it feels.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, eliemsiam said:

They are openly blackmailing the protesters. I think this will only make people more angry at the government.. They could try to play fair just once see how it feels.

well hopefully the snake charmers will get the snake and cut its head off. Then those  dreamers who thought it would never happen will have the same fortune.

2 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Wasn't it already prohibited under decree before? Or it only apples to the restaurants? 

No, you're right.  It was already prohibited under the Emergency Decree, so it didn't have to be "banned" again.

The government has probably forgotten what they said before, and want to say it again, just to be sure we know how foolish they look.

• Like 1

Yep just an escuse to ban Gatherings. What I cannot understand is why the 1 who lives outside of the kingdom sits back and lets his Countrymen & Woman die from this Pandemic sweeping his country because of the people running his Country have failed, and now appear to allow the Country to slide into Economical meltdown. Thaksin and Yingluck for PM and vice PM is the only way to go in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vlad said:

Yep just an escuse to ban Gatherings. What I cannot understand is why the 1 who lives outside of the kingdom sits back and lets his Countrymen & Woman die from this Pandemic sweeping his country because of the people running his Country have failed, and now appear to allow the Country to slide into Economical meltdown. Thaksin and Yingluck for PM and vice PM is the only way to go in my opinion.

Says a lot about this country that a pair of convicted felons can be recommended, and considered favourites, to run the country. I suppose being a murderer in the 'war on drugs' is a badge of honour.

Unless an unlikely deal has been done (and that would surely have happened before now) I don't think those with power would allow it to happen. Forget about a pitch fork revolution, the plebs will only come out for 500 Baht a time. The voice for change, as in most countries, must come from the young. 

I hope I live to see the day that Thailand is actually ready to embrace real democracy and cast aside corruption, graft etc.

I think it's a bad idea for them to take to the streets like this in the current environment (just over 10,000 cases a day and so few people vaccinated). They had the right idea with the car-mob where people could stay in their transport.

Probably best they regroup for a few months, I'm sure the Govt will give them plenty of new material to work with in that time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"It also contains a troubling clause published in the Royal Gazette that bans activities that “aggravate people’s troubles” which could be open to interpretation."

Some of these measures "aggravate my troubles" too. 

Edited by DiJoDavO

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Total bollocks, gatherings prohibited due to Prayut and mob running scared.

It was due to him and his damned cronies that covid was allowed to get out of control, they are using covid as an excuse to control the masses.

Couldn't agree with you more, absolute BS.

• Like 1

Taxi knew how to deal with the druggies id never heare'd of Yaba. The Hi So's from BKK didn't like him giving aid and cash to the poor in the North, and they waited for him to go on an overseas trip to do the Deed. There's no way this Government is going to get on top of the pandemic because there's to many Chiefs and to many with there fingers in the pie.

Edited by vlad

Why is it that the media and CCSA keep talking about Covid like it is Ebola or the bubonic plauge ?

99 percent of people who get covid recover so why the drama.

Influenza kills people every year. Yes the transmission rate is quicker and may be greater but if you check the death numbers world wide between 2015 to 2020 there is no real difference.

Yes people with other illness are more vulnerable to Covid again the same with influenza.

So why the emergency decree why the closure of people's businesses

WHY.

Can someone explain ???

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Remi said:

Why is it that the media and CCSA keep talking about Covid like it is Ebola or the bubonic plauge ?

Influenza kills people every year. Yes the transmission rate is quicker and may be greater but if you check the death numbers world wide between 2015 to 2020 there is no real difference.

Yes people with other illness are more vulnerable to Covid again the same with influenza.

WHY.

Can someone explain ???

Because no one apparently knew you could die from the flu. At least they didn't know that number is actually pretty high. 

Take the flu, give it a scary new name, and there you go. 

Covid will stop as soon as the media stops. 

Google: XXX cases (just fill in any random 3 or 4 digit number) there will be a news article about almost any number possible. 

• Like 2

Does Flu close Bar's ? does flu lock down city's ? does flu put Thousands out of work ? do people hang themselves because they got into debt because they caught flu ? the list goes on why ? because a  Pandemic has swept the World not flu.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Says a lot about this country that a pair of convicted felons can be recommended, and considered favourites, to run the country. I suppose being a murderer in the 'war on drugs' is a badge of honour.

Unless an unlikely deal has been done (and that would surely have happened before now) I don't think those with power would allow it to happen. Forget about a pitch fork revolution, the plebs will only come out for 500 Baht a time. The voice for change, as in most countries, must come from the young. 

I hope I live to see the day that Thailand is actually ready to embrace real democracy and cast aside corruption, graft etc.

I read your post with interest and happy to find some intelligence still exists in our present world of covid turmoil. One Question for you, what is real democracy and where has it ever really existed!! Like Communism, the ideology is excellent, the practice, not so sure.

6 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Because no one apparently knew you could die from the flu. At least they didn't know that number is actually pretty high. 

Take the flu, give it a scary new name, and there you go. 

Covid will stop as soon as the media stops. 

Google: XXX cases (just fill in any random 3 or 4 digit number) there will be a news article about almost any number possible. 

Covid is a very bad flu - a very bad flu.  I have a mate who caught it and was in ICU for 4 days - it is NOT an ordinary flu.  Yes, it is not Ebola, SARS or MERS, but unlike them it is highly contagious like the flu.  If you do not want to take the vaccine that is fine, but you are very wrong when saying it is just another flu. 

In 1918 was the last time the world experienced such a bad flu. Between 30 and 50 million people died over 3 years - that they know about - being 1918 it could we have been 100 million - no one was counting in places like India - nor in Africa and Sth America.  Sure they have screwed this all up and could have done it better - but it is what it is - and we are were we are.  

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Remi said:

WHY.

Can someone explain ???

I would presume it is the pressure on the Health System. When Covid is rampant we see people being turned away from healthcare. Not enough beds/facilities/persons for the treatment needed for recovery. And Covid treatment for non-terminals can be extensive and expensive.
Then we lose frontline staff due to exposure, and consequently expertise. Then we run out of oxygen tanks. 
Then you have long Covid. 
I guess thats where all the drama is.

3 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Covid is a very bad flu - a very bad flu.  I have a mate who caught it and was in ICU for 4 days - it is NOT an ordinary flu.  Yes, it is not Ebola, SARS or MERS, but unlike them it is highly contagious like the flu.

Covid is not technically a flu, it is a respiratory disease. Flu (another respiratory disease) is brought by influenza virus. And it is much more contagious than influenza. R0 of flu is between 1 and 2, R0 of covid is more than 2, up to 10 depending on variants. This makes the pressure on the health systems enormous.

Edited by uanmak
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, uanmak said:

Covid is not technically a flu, it is a respiratory disease. Flu (another respiratory disease) is brought by influenza virus. And it is much more contagious than influenza. R0 of flu is between 1 and 2, R0 of covid is more than 2, up to 10 depending on variants. This makes the pressure on the health systems enormous.

Yep - all good - only used flu for 'comparison' purposes - infectious respiratory disease is correct.  

BBC quotes the R of Covid being from 0.6 to 1.6 - low to peak. 

The 1918 Pandemic is estimated to have been up to 1.8 

The seasonal flus (A and B strains and mutations) average under 0.5 (changes yearly).

18 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Yep - all good - only used flu for 'comparison' purposes - infectious respiratory disease is correct.  

BBC quotes the R of Covid being from 0.6 to 1.6 - low to peak. 

The 1918 Pandemic is estimated to have been up to 1.8 

The seasonal flus (A and B strains and mutations) average under 0.5 (changes yearly).

BBC's underestimated R0 is probably due to the recent vaccination campaign which limited greatly the transmissibility (at least of the alpha VoC). Covid initially had a R0 between 2.5 and 3.5 (on average), and delta is around 9.

48 minutes ago, uanmak said:

BBC's underestimated R0 is probably due to the recent vaccination campaign which limited greatly the transmissibility (at least of the alpha VoC). Covid initially had a R0 between 2.5 and 3.5 (on average), and delta is around 9.

Source please?  BBC publications details as follows - peaked at 1.6 

_117724761_r_history_26mar-nc.thumb.png.59921c393d6aab225481bca7a2ad35c3.png