Home Covid-19 test kits approved, but not for travel

Thaiger

With Covid-19 on the rise, screening kit shortages have left people waiting for RT-PCR tests from professional testing sites and medical facilities. Now Thailand’s Food and Drug Administration approved 4 Covid-19 antigen test kits that can be purchased over-the-counter for home use to test for the virus. The 4 approved self-testing kits will allow people concerned that they may have been exposed and contracted the virus to test as soon as possible and not wait days, possibly exposing others and spreading Covid-19. The rapid test kits have been reworked and repackaged to make them more usable for non-professional use so […]

The post Home Covid-19 test kits approved, but not for travel appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Is this the one that you need to shove up in your bunkhole? If it is then please sign me in.

Edited by BookShe

2 minutes ago, BookShe said:

Is this the one that you need to shove up in your bunkhole?

Love it when you talk dirty. Does it come with batteries ?

yes, you will need to buy Travel Kit for travel. Available in tom yam edition too

Edited by AlexPTY
  • Haha 1

This is good.

At last the traveller might be able to challenge fake positive tests employed to put the tourists in expensive quarantine.

“The test kits are only for initial tests, which cannot be used as proof for travelling. Only a test certificate issued by a medical institution can be used as proof. If anyone tests positive, they still need to take an RT-PCR test at a hospital for confirmation.”

If there's one reason for me not to trust any news about Covid, it's news like this. 

It just works or it doesn't.

1 minute ago, DiJoDavO said:

Ah... If only life were so simple. It's biology, not a fault code on the 5G nanobot microchips in the vaccine.

BTW... anybody else been getting a 1750? It's like every five minutes - "Beep, beep, beep. Fault 1750 please contact your local Huawei or Microsoft dealer for a reset."

59 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

“The test kits are only for initial tests, which cannot be used as proof for travelling. Only a test certificate issued by a medical institution can be used as proof. If anyone tests positive, they still need to take an RT-PCR test at a hospital for confirmation.”

If there's one reason for me not to trust any news about Covid, it's news like this. 

I think the main issue with the lateral flow home kits is the persons ability to swab the throat and nose properly. It’s this that can cause the most erroneous negative tests. A test carried out by trained staff is naturally far safer and more accurate. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I think the main issue with the lateral flow home kits is the persons ability to swab the throat and nose properly. It’s this that can cause the most erroneous negative tests. A test carried out by trained staff is naturally far safer and more accurate. 

They've started selling these in the US and they are accepted for inbound travel. The way they do it is to have your sample and subsequent test supervised via a Zoom or other video call. Still wouldn't work if you have to transit through a country where RT-PCR is required.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesE said:

They've started selling these in the US and they are accepted for inbound travel. The way they do it is to have your sample and subsequent test supervised via a Zoom or other video call. Still wouldn't work if you have to transit through a country where RT-PCR is required.

Sounds a helpful way of doing things. Here in the U.K. you can just order them and they arrive the next day in the post. I have about 15 at home and test twice a week as a condition of the work I do. I’m fairly sure I swab accurately and so far so good in that it’s been negative ?

• Like 2

high infection ( of fear ? ) numbers, in news, but
almost all people in world, not know personally,
1 or more, people sicker than from flu or corona virus death.
who asks, knows.
-
and have, much life restriction ( closed bars, clubs etc. ),
and many people wear mask and stay often at home,
in thailand and many countries in world, for many months.
-
and news say, most people got infected ( with what-ever ),
means, soon not have enough people, anywhere, who can get infected,
for high numbers. then, what will tv-(vision)-story say ? :)
-
infection record, at fishes and other animals

and stay at home to protect animals, in forest and ocean ? :)
maybe also the ice bear in north pole, oh wait, they died out ( climate story ).