People fake age to get appointment at elderly vaccination centre

Thaiger

It’s not unusual for people to lie about their age to seem younger, but at Bangkok’s main vaccination centre for the elderly, as many as 100 people have attempted to get vaccinated against Covid-19 by pretending to be old. Since those over 60 years old or with one of 7 chronic medical conditions considered high-risk for Covid-19 are eligible for priority vaccination, many have attempted to jump the queue by registering until a false age. Bang Sue Grand Station is the main vaccination centre for people over the age of 60 years old, so they have been allotted plenty of […]

The post People fake age to get appointment at elderly vaccination centre appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

53 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

not unusual for people to lie about their age to seem younger, but at Bangkok’s main vaccination centre for the elderly, as many as 100 people have attempted to get vaccinated against Covid-19 by pretending to be old

Oh I don't know .. my mate wasn't old enough to see the Exorcist back in the day but managed to blag a way in .. regretted it though when the head spinning and throwing up started and had to seek sanctuary with the holy crew outside the cinema who were trying to persuade you not to go in , in the first place .. comes as no surprise then if folk are olding thereselves up for a piece of Vax .. 

Edited by Dedinbed
Sp
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Oh I don't know .. my mate wasn't old enough to see the Exorcist back in the day but managed to blag a way in .. regretted it though when the head spinning and throwing up started and had to seek sanctuary with the holy crew outside the cinema who were trying to persuade you not to go in , in the first place .. comes as no surprise if folk are olding thereselves up for a piece of Vax .. 

Two women dressed as ‘grannies’ for a COVID vaccine. Then Florida deputies arrived

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article249365275.html

It is unfortunate but understandable. I was looking at the latest research from Israel and it is now clear to me that the buzz around the Delta variant is not, as I originally presumed, merely government hype, hoping to persuade people to remain cautious during the summer.

Delta actually is ridiculously infectious and, with very few exceptions, anyone who is not vaccinated by now will be in for a rough ride at some point over the next few months.

We also now know, from the study by Prof. Calum Semple, that it causes organ damage (kidneys, lungs, and other organs) in 40% of those aged 19 - 49 who get treated in hospital. That is almost as high as the stats for those aged 50 and over who get treated in hospital. This virus is as vicious and destructive as a TVF mod.

So, faced with a government that has utterly, inexplicably botched even ordering the damn vaccines, I can see how young Thai folks might be inclined to say "To Hell with it, it's every Somchai for himself!".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dedinbed said:

Oh I don't know .. my mate wasn't old enough to see the Exorcist back in the day but managed to blag a way in .. regretted it though when the head spinning and throwing up started and had to seek sanctuary with the holy crew outside the cinema who were trying to persuade you not to go in , in the first place .. comes as no surprise then if folk are olding thereselves up for a piece of Vax .. 

Your mate's head was spinning and throwing up. Did the holy crew outside put him straight?

"While many attempt to cheat the system by posing as elderly to get a vaccine, the primary centre for the elderly has only given 120,000 people over 60 vaccines out of the total 800,000 doses that the centre has given so far." 

Then why not starting to go to the next group? They first wait until every single person from a certain group is vaccinated. While others would be glad to take it now. 

Next in line are the soidogs. And only until every single soidog has succeed to register online and go for their appointment, only then the next group can get vaccinated, foreigners under 60 who have sent a registration 3 months ago already.