Covid 60 day extensions.

PHUKET: Foreigners staying in Phuket on the 60-day ‘COVID extension’ can now apply through to September to extend their stay in Thailand, Phuket Immigration has confirmed.

2008575954_PhuketCovidextensions..jpg.73f6ba90d62814c79c2e3ef164698f35.jpg

The so-called ‘COVID extension’ was launched amid the pandemic last year so foreigners stuck in Thailand can stay in the country until they choose to go home or more options to fly home become available.

The ‘extensions’, initially launched to allow stays of 30 days, now allows foreigners to stay for 60 days at a time, but still forcing foreigners to renew their ‘extensions’ every 60 days at a cost of B1,900.

An announcement posted by the Phuket Immigration Office yesterday explained, “Short term extension for the reason of COVID-19 pandemic, an alien can submit an application until 27 September 2021. Each permission will be granted for a period not exceeding 60 days.”

If Phuket have officially announced extending the period of further 60 day Covid extension applications from the current July 30th deadline to September 27th, then an official announcement from the Thai immigration bureau affectively announcing the same across all Immigration offices should be imminent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sateuk said:

That means my covoid extension ending on 14th August , I no longer have to renew before 29th of July, I no do on August the 14th?

You still have to extend on or before the date you were extended to last time. Check the stamp in your passport.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2021 at 12:29 AM, Sateuk said:

Got 60 days covoid extension till August 14th so I go on that day?

I read online, at least the Division 1 immigration center is asking for people to go at least 3 days before their visa expires for an extension. They also said they'll only be doing 300 application a day max. My exemption expires august 25th but I'll go next week, I think they're closed mon-wed though so I'll try on Thursday. From what I've read the extension gets added to your visa expiration date and not the date you do the application, so going earlier doesn't affect your total days allotted to stay. I also have nothing better to do and want to go to the embassy to get proof of residence so I cant get my drivers license too.

Richard Barrow on Twitter: "Important notice from the Bangkok Immigration Bureau: To reduce congestion and the risk of infection, the Immigration Bureau asks you to submit an application to stay no more than 3 days in advance of the expiry date #Bangkok #Thailand https://t.co/YNfOQTiQgV" / Twitter

Edited by dj230
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 3:24 PM, dj230 said:

I also have nothing better to do and want to go to the embassy to get proof of residence so I cant get my drivers license too.

Before you waste time, unless you've already done so make sure the DLT you're planning on going to will i) accept a tourist visa and ii) are doing tests.

Some won't, as you can drive legally in Thailand for 90 days on your home country's licence with an IDP,  and some aren't doing tests until October - even for foreigners with an overseas driving licence.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Before you waste time, unless you've already done so make sure the DLT you're planning on going to will i) accept a tourist visa and ii) are doing tests.

Some won't, as you can drive legally in Thailand for 90 days on your home country's licence with an IDP,  and some aren't doing tests until October - even for foreigners with an overseas driving licence.

Thank you for letting me know, ended up waiting a bit, I was going to go to some bike shop who said they'd do all the paperwork for 2000 baht or so. Ill be sure to ask before I go 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

Thank you for letting me know, ended up waiting a bit, I was going to go to some bike shop who said they'd do all the paperwork for 2000 baht or so. Ill be sure to ask before I go 

There's little or no "paperwork" they can help you with - they can't do the licence for you as your photo's taken on the spot at the DLT, printed direct on to the licence, not by you giving them a passport photo.

Be careful you're not being scammed and given a fake.

• Like 2

Just a polite notice guys, but these posts about the DLT are off topic to this thread.
Obliged if you'd open a new topic in the designated forum Driver Licencing - Renewal - International Permits - Thaiger Talk (thethaiger.com)

Appreciate your trying to be helpful, but let's keep the useful information being provided about the DLT in the correct forum for other members to take note of.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

30 minutes ago, Faz said:

Just a polite notice guys, but these posts about the DLT are off topic to this thread.
Obliged if you'd open a new topic in the designated forum Driver Licencing - Renewal - International Permits - Thaiger Talk (thethaiger.com)

Appreciate your trying to be helpful, but let's keep the useful information being provided about the DLT in the correct forum for other members to take note of.

Sorry ☺

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2021 at 7:38 PM, Faz said:

PHUKET: Foreigners staying in Phuket on the 60-day ‘COVID extension’ can now apply through to September to extend their stay in Thailand, Phuket Immigration has confirmed.

2008575954_PhuketCovidextensions..jpg.73f6ba90d62814c79c2e3ef164698f35.jpg

The so-called ‘COVID extension’ was launched amid the pandemic last year so foreigners stuck in Thailand can stay in the country until they choose to go home or more options to fly home become available.

The ‘extensions’, initially launched to allow stays of 30 days, now allows foreigners to stay for 60 days at a time, but still forcing foreigners to renew their ‘extensions’ every 60 days at a cost of B1,900.

An announcement posted by the Phuket Immigration Office yesterday explained, “Short term extension for the reason of COVID-19 pandemic, an alien can submit an application until 27 September 2021. Each permission will be granted for a period not exceeding 60 days.”

If Phuket have officially announced extending the period of further 60 day Covid extension applications from the current July 30th deadline to September 27th, then an official announcement from the Thai immigration bureau affectively announcing the same across all Immigration offices should be imminent.

Is September 27 still the last day to get a 60 days extension?

Or has this deadline moved forward?

Thank you in advance!

• Like 2

Yes, it's still 27 September, even though the Emergency Decree has been extended to 30 September.

If you are going to apply for a Covid extension, do it early...it doesn't penalize you because the extension begins at the end of your current valid status.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gavi said:

Is September 27 still the last day to get a 60 days extension?

Or has this deadline moved forward?

Thank you in advance!

If they extend it beyond 27th Sept (highly probable) I'd expect an official announcement next week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Yes, it's still 27 September, even though the Emergency Decree has been extended to 30 September.

If you are going to apply for a Covid extension, do it early...it doesn't penalize you because the extension begins at the end of your current valid status.

This was not the case on my covid extension, 60 days started right away even though I had 3 days left on my visa, just FYI.

• Thanks 1