100 BAHT per month is a fair price for Covid insurance

Mopi

Chances of a fully vaccinated person catching covid and 'requiring' hospitalisation is approximately 8 in one million .. call it 1 in 100,000. So for every 100,000 sandbox adult tourists 1 will require hospital treatment. Do the math, that means 35b per person per month will cover the $100k government requirement. 

Allowing for some profit round it up 3 fold and call it 100b/MTH. The reality is it's costing about 3000b/mth and the insurance company might just cancel an active policy without your consent.

Rising cases numbers will force the Thai government to drop it's idiotic and wasteful policy if requiring everyone who tests positive to be hospitalised although I fear a hospital bed badly needed by a poor Thai person will be given to a tourist with insurance who neither needs or wants it. Money might talk and walk but it shouldn't kill.

3 hours ago, Mopi said:

Chances of a fully vaccinated person catching covid and 'requiring' hospitalisation is approximately 8 in one million .. call it 1 in 100,000. So for every 100,000 sandbox adult tourists 1 will require hospital treatment. Do the math, that means 35b per person per month will cover the $100k government requirement. 

Allowing for some profit round it up 3 fold and call it 100b/MTH. The reality is it's costing about 3000b/mth and the insurance company might just cancel an active policy without your consent.

Rising cases numbers will force the Thai government to drop it's idiotic and wasteful policy if requiring everyone who tests positive to be hospitalised although I fear a hospital bed badly needed by a poor Thai person will be given to a tourist with insurance who neither needs or wants it. Money might talk and walk but it shouldn't kill.

i dont know whare u get that data from, cuz data from most vaxxed countries shows otherwise.

Will insurance cover quarantine hotel? I know someone they took to hotel after positive pcr test for a cost of 90 000THB will it cover it ? Doubt it

7 hours ago, Xaos said:

i dont know whare u get that data from, cuz data from most vaxxed countries shows otherwise.

Will insurance cover quarantine hotel? I know someone they took to hotel after positive pcr test for a cost of 90 000THB will it cover it ? Doubt it

Xais that's a reasonable question and I should have provided some link to my sources. Unfortunately I didn't save the link to my original source but I recall it was CDC related and concerned one of the US states the figure of 0.008% was explicitly quoted as I recall.
Fortunately there is a new and better source literally hot off the presses.
https://youtu.be/pCdTHgRSs3o
That's Dr Campbell talking about an Israeli study released yesterday.
One takeaway figure is that of Israels 5 million plus vaccinated adults only 9 with no co-morbidity factors suffered a breakthrough covid infection that required hospitalisation. It's worth watching the full video if your interested in these matters.
I totally agree with you assessment that the Thai government mandated covid insurance policy that all tourist must purchased is not fit for purpose although I have read the T&C's of the FREE insurance that Etihad will supply to ALL travellers up to the end of September. The Etihad policy will pay official mandated expenses following a positive PCR test. I believe Stephanie in  a Phuket ASQ hotel is hoping her Emirates supplied policy will cover her but she doesn't have a positive PCR test as I write.
It's worth noting that the Etihad policy which is far superior to the policies supplied by local Thai companies will not be accepted by Thai embassies for the purposed of acquiring a CoE (this is just anecdotal).

On 7/16/2021 at 11:45 AM, Xaos said:

My insurance from Manulife covers hotel expenses if you test positive for Covid-19 and have to do a mandatory quarantine.

Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2021 at 12:42 AM, Mopi said:

It's worth noting that the Etihad policy which is far superior to the policies supplied by local Thai companies will not be accepted by Thai embassies for the purposed of acquiring a CoE (this is just anecdotal).

I heard second-hand reports that the UK embassy do accept the Etihad policy but don't take that as gospel. Worth asking your embassy for sure. I have an annual Cigna policy which should cover this requirement next time I enter, but I'll be contacting the broker who I bought it from to be sure. In any case you just apply for the COE, if they reject it then you simply buy a specific policy.

Edited by Tuvoc

On 7/16/2021 at 7:28 PM, Mopi said:

NEW - Pfizer shot — the vaccine given to nearly all Israelis — is now just 39% effective against infection, while being only 41% effective in preventing symptomatic #COVID19, according to new statistics of the Health Ministry.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-uk-data-offer-mixed-signals-on-vaccines-potency-against-delta-strain/

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 7:28 PM, Mopi said:

No one is fully vaccinated.  These are "leaky" injections, not vaccines.  You are not guaranteed to not get a variant.  Where is your source for this figure?

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2021 at 9:31 AM, OneAngryJew said:

No one is fully vaccinated.  These are "leaky" injections, not vaccines.  You are not guaranteed to not get a variant.  Where is your source for this figure?

I've no idea what a leaky injection is, if you want to make up your own language that's fine but you'll have to publish a dictionary too. 

• Like 1