Covid-19 situation has not improved, stricter rules being discussed -CCSA

Thaiger

More stringent measures may need to be in place to control the spread of Covid-19 as the situation in Thailand has not improved, despite tight measures in “dark red” provinces which include nightly curfews and travel restrictions, a spokesperson representing the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration said today. In addition to talk of tightening restrictions, 7 more provinces were classified as “dark red” provinces under maximum control to combat the coronavirus. Since the disease control measures went into effect on Monday, there have been more than 700 violations including residents breaking curfew orders, those gathering in groups of more than […]

The post Covid-19 situation has not improved, stricter rules being discussed -CCSA appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

6 minutes ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

Could it be that lockdowns aren't the solution?

Lockdowns are the solution to stopping case numbers rising, it doesn’t cure anything. But it needs to be a lockdown. Half-arsed ones destroy the economy and don’t stop case numbers increasing, they just slow the rate of increase (slightly). They need to do two things 

Hard lockdown everywhere. Everything but essential services locked down for 4 weeks. Get numbers under control. At the moment people can still go shopping. Walking around and having coffee with friends, Travelling to see family. Going to the office. That’s not a lockdown, that’s window dressing.  

Secondly, buy as many vaccines at whatever cost as fast as possible and start vaccinating people.  

If they don’t do these things then it will get worse and set the country back further. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Cool 3

12 minutes ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

This is more a fantasy lockdown or an up to you one. We have driven in and out of Bangkok several times this week, never seen a cop never mind a control point. Have seen 3 accidents though!

9 minutes ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

That may be correct, but as I survey the present conditions it appears as if Sandboxes are the solution. I mean the cases that show up are expected. The people are happy to come to a place where a vacation starts in your room, and they give you a little shovel and pail. I also heard they teaching yoga to the tourists and the best position was " Tourist Sleeps" They would like you to hold that position 24 hours. Definitely sandboxes

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, thai3 said:

This is more a fantasy lockdown or an up to you one. We have driven in and out of Bangkok several times this week, never seen a cop never mind a control point. Have seen 3 accidents though!

I can only confirm this. Well. Not in Bangkok, since I'm in Samui, but a month ago I had to drive up there for an embassy meeting. I drove 2,000 KM in 3 days, without seeing a single checkpoint. The only time my temperature was taken is when I stopped in 7/11. It's a charade, a smokescreen so people can feel that the government is really on top of this.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

Half-hearted .ockdowns are not. This .ockdown (you can't mention the L word) is creating pain and misery. Lockdowns do work if carried out properly. How can you infect me if you sit in your apt. and I sit in mine and we do not meet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Lockdowns are the solution to stopping case numbers rising, it doesn’t cure anything.

I disagree that lockdowns are effective, but agree that they do reduce case numbers, and multiple jurisdictions worldwide disagree as well, and they did and have been doing just fine.

"Case numbers" should not be a factor in the goal, because they are not indicative of the actual dilemma. Hospitalizations and deaths are a more accurate representation of how things are going in a particular area, but with Bangkok requiring the hospitalization of anyone testing positive, even asymptomatic cases, hospitalizations in this case are also not representative of the severity they're facing.

Case numbers have been a very effective cudgel to beat down critics or skeptics of the measures taken to control the spread of the virus. If "they" say there are 14,000 new cases today, but 13,997 of them just had a runny nose and/or a fever, the population would simply go on with their lives. Instead, the only information disclosed is the outrageously high number of people who tested positive, so stay inside and quit your job, don't see your family or loved ones, you are an irresponsible idiot if you shop for anything unnecessary for the basic needs of survival, and you'd better not question this or else you'll be banned from social media or ostracized publicly.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

33 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Lockdowns are the solution to stopping case numbers rising, it doesn’t cure anything. But it needs to be a lockdown. Half-arsed ones destroy the economy and don’t stop case numbers increasing, they just slow the rate of increase (slightly). They need to do two things 

Hard lockdown everywhere. Everything but essential services locked down for 4 weeks. Get numbers under control. At the moment people can still go shopping. Walking around and having coffee with friends, Travelling to see family. Going to the office. That’s not a lockdown, that’s window dressing.  

Secondly, buy as many vaccines at whatever cost as fast as possible and start vaccinating people.  

If they don’t do these things then it will get worse and set the country back further. 

I reckon you have hit the nail squarely on the head. I'm sure a number of folks will disagree but to date it has been a half hearted, tip toeing around the bread bin approach. Short term pain, long term gain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danny_The_Dude said:

When do you guys think vaccinated tourists can come to Thailand traveling with no restrictions?

Is this a pub quiz ?

4 minutes ago, Danny_The_Dude said:

When do you guys think vaccinated tourists can come to Thailand traveling with no restrictions?

How long is a piece of string?

Welcome to Thaiger Talk, you'll get loads of armchair advice here ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Danny_The_Dude said:

I think Zager and Evans have the answer to that.

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may thrive

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hi Dude, read, State of Fear, written by Micheal Crichton, perhaps give you an idea of what governments are capable of in their lust for population control!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Moose said:

Hi Dude, read, State of Fear, written by Micheal Crichton, perhaps give you an idea of what governments are capable of in their lust for population control!!

Gives you a fictional idea... It's a novel.

I need to travel from Kalasin to Phitsanulok next week. Where can I find a current list of colours for each province and the restrictions that are in effect?

17 hours ago, BookShe said:

I can only confirm this. Well. Not in Bangkok, since I'm in Samui, but a month ago I had to drive up there for an embassy meeting. I drove 2,000 KM in 3 days, without seeing a single checkpoint. The only time my temperature was taken is when I stopped in 7/11. It's a charade, a smokescreen so people can feel that the government is really on top of this.

The Doi people next to us who are unfortunately our neighbors this last few days have had cars of their family (cousins, aunt you name it) showing up with Bangkok license plates. One night 3 days ago had 3 vehicles and out popped over 20+ of them. Yesterday at around 3pm a SUV with BKK plates pulls up and I sh*t you not, about 12 piled out of that ride and immediately ran into under cover of the house so they could not be seen. Those road checks are useless as everyone knows how to get around them. So looks as if all of they are all coming back from Chonburi and Bangkok to the mountain as things are closed, and these idiots next to me are providing them all with a pit stop. For me, I wouldn't give a rats a** if any of those rude people got it. Sorry sounds rude, but what they are doing is far well above out of line endangering people they come into contact with. It would serve them all right! You can see i have no love there for them, been that way for a long time.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Sandboxes, we need more sandboxes!!

Correct. So the idiots in charge can continue to put their heads under the sand ignoring importing the good vaccines while saying everything is still under control. 

3 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

The Doi people next to us who are unfortunately our neighbors this last few days have had cars of their family (cousins, aunt you name it) showing up with Bangkok license plates. One night 3 days ago had 3 vehicles and out popped over 20+ of them. Yesterday at around 3pm a SUV with BKK plates pulls up and I sh*t you not, about 12 piled out of that ride and immediately ran into under cover of the house so they could not be seen. Those road checks are useless as everyone knows how to get around them. So looks as if all of they are all coming back from Chonburi and Bangkok to the mountain as things are closed, and these idiots next to me are providing them all with a pit stop. For me, I wouldn't give a rats a** if any of those rude people got it. Sorry sounds rude, but what they are doing is far well above out of line endangering people they come into contact with. It would serve them all right! You can see i have no love there for them, been that way for a long time.

Yepp. And it's not isolated rare cases. This is yesterday's flyer in Samui's well "connected" club. 

Of course no alcohol, and all hundred+ people were socially distanced in masks. :) yeah

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-16 at 18.52.36.jpeg

5 minutes ago, BookShe said:

Yepp. And it's not isolated rare cases. This is yesterday's flyer in Samui's well "connected" club. 

Of course no alcohol, and all hundred+ people were socially distanced in masks. :) yeah

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-16 at 18.52.36.jpeg

It is an open problem and everyone knows it. They only publicize checkpoints and lock down to look proactive, but in reality even curfews are ignored in local areas around peoples homes so they just pop here and there and do what they want to. Hey, but that is the Sandbox opening show for Samui. How could they not?