Rhubarb....

Faraday

And what about Rhubarb, is that available here? Unlikely, I know....

Anyone tried growing it?

Up here in the frozen north - Nongbualamphu, where the winters are really quite cold, I wondered if it would grow.

But then, not having any crowns, I'll never know...

It might start but it's the summers that'll do you in. I live where there are mild summers but very dry and mild winters where the temp doesn't get much below 0C, ever. We had a heat wave recently where it got up to 40 and my rhubarb is looking very unhappy. You can get Rhubarb seeds, not sure if they're available there. Or check with a local farmer (particularly if you've got a farm-to-table organic grower around), they may be able to hook you up.

• 2 weeks later...

We tried growing it years ago but I think it was wrong time of the year, too hot, and caterpillars would strip new leaves overnight.

Can buy seeds online thru Lazada and Makro sometimes have fresh produce but at a crazy price.