Thai PM returns to Government House after third negative Covid test

Thaiger

The Thai PM, Prayut Chan-o-cha, does not have Covid-19 and returns to work at Government House today. The PM had been self-isolating for 14 days after coming into contact with Veerasak Pisanuwong from the Surin Chamber of Commerce, while visiting Phuket for the island’s sandbox re-opening on July 1. Veerasak subsequently tested positive for the virus. The Bangkok Post reports that, following a third negative test, the PM has decided to return to the workplace. It’s understood that his close aides and security team have also tested negative. The PM’s first job today will be attending a briefing from the […]

The post Thai PM returns to Government House after third negative Covid test appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

32 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The Thai PM, Prayut Chan-o-cha, does not have Covid-19 and returns to work at Government House today. The PM had been self-isolating for 14 days after coming into contact with Veerasak Pisanuwong from the Surin Chamber of Commerce, while visiting Phuket for the island’s sandbox re-opening on July 1. Veerasak subsequently tested positive for the virus. The Bangkok Post reports that, following a third negative test, the PM has decided to return to the workplace. It’s understood that his close aides and security team have also tested negative. The PM’s first job today will be attending a briefing from the […]

The post Thai PM returns to Government House after third negative Covid test appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thailand would be happy if he not return.

What a hero. He bravely shook hands with a ferang and immediately took to his bed for two weeks.

He should be awarded another medal for this.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thai PM returns to Government House after third negative Covid test

For some reason our illustrious leader's attitude seems to attract criticism. There again, he's got a lot to be critical about.

The PM having a negative test, for some reason reminds me of the classic joke:
My friend went to hospital for a brain scan. The doctor told him they didn't find anything.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Mike-Hunt said:

For some reason our illustrious leader's attitude seems to attract criticism. There again, he's got a lot to be critical about.

The PM having a negative test, for some reason reminds me of the classic joke:
My friend went to hospital for a brain scan. The doctor told him they didn't find anything.

I went to my doctor and he said I have not seen you for a long time. I said I have not been ill for a long time.

• Haha 4

Oh goody. Not as gratifying ordering people over a video platform. That picture in the article looks reminiscent to similar to reactions from the peanut gallery that a certain N  Korea leader in the spot light gets.

Edited by HolyCowCm

10 minutes ago, PhayakPeter said:

He should have been made to quarantine at Stephanie's Hotel 

@release the phuket 1

Sounds like a firework instruction. Hopefully pointing him into deep space.

This is news ??

Tell me, why was he allowed to self isolate but "vaccinated" tourists in Phuket have to go into ASQ at their own cost for 15 days ?

One rule for Hi-so another rule for everyone else ? TIT.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

This is news ??

Tell me, why was he allowed to self isolate but "vaccinated" tourists in Phuket have to go into ASQ at their own cost for 15 days ?

Correct, a message illustrated by actions from the top down

6 hours ago, Graham said:

This is news ??

He was allowed to self-isolate because that's the rule for everyone here, from hi-so to migrant worker, Thai or foreigner, except those arriving under the sandbox scheme and those in prison.

Those arriving under the sandbox scheme have to go into ASQ if they've been dangerously close to someone else under the sandbox scheme who tests positive, and they have to pay for it just as anyone arriving under ASQ has to pay for it, and according to the one and only person it's happened to they're told about it when given their CoE and have to sign to confirm that they've understood the risk (as she did).

There's plenty to criticise, but there's nothing to criticise about this.

• Like 1