UN expert says military coup and Covid-19 spike fuels “perfect storm” in Myanmar

Thaiger

The “deep mistrust” of the military-run government following the February 1 coup, along with the uptick of Covid-19 cases overwhelming the healthcare system, fuel a “perfect storm” of factors that could lead to further deaths in Myanmar, according to UN Special Rapporteur Tom Andrews. The independent expert called for emergency international engagement to address the worsening situation in the Southeast Asian country. An explosion of Covid cases, including the Delta variant, the collapse of Myanmar’s health care system, and the deep mistrust of the people of Myanmar of anything connected to the military junta, are a perfect storm of factors […]

The post UN expert says military coup and Covid-19 spike fuels “perfect storm” in Myanmar appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Yeah. Myanmar is doomed. A military-run government and couldn't cope with the rising covid cases. I couldn't think of any other country of this kind. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BookShe said:

Yeah. Myanmar is doomed. A military-run government and couldn't cope with the rising covid cases. I couldn't think of any other country of this kind. 

Junta countries all end up in a big mess

18 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Junta countries all end up in a big mess

In this case let's hope the best for Tha.... I mean for Myanmar