Available Covid patient beds at Bangkok hospitals hit “critical level”

Thaiger

The available beds at Bangkok hospitals for Covid-19 patients have hit a “critical level” with only 10% of beds now open for those with severe coronavirus symptoms, according to the Public Health Ministry. With the uptick in Covid-19 cases over the past several months and a sharp increase over the past few weeks, said to be due to the spread of the highly transmissible Delta variant, public hospitals have been at their limit. There are 1,000 beds at Bangkok hospitals for patients classified in the “red” group, those with severe symptoms and require respirators. Only around 100 of those beds […]

The post Available Covid patient beds at Bangkok hospitals hit “critical level” appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

More cardboard needed by the sounds of it. Doesn't placate concerns of those families where they have a relative diagnosed with covid of course , but there again this government appears to put their concerns at the lower end of importance.

Edited by gummy

They started sounding the alarm about this problem 2 weeks ago. Since then, Thailand added at least 120,000 positive cases, 2000+ Icu patients, and 500+ people on ventillators. 

Setting up field hospitals are easier than setting up ICU beds and ventillators, not to mention the staff needed to operate these machines. So if it was critical 2 weeks ago, how did they managed the last two weeks? Or is it critical+ now? How do you know when to take the news more seriously?

Why isn't this news is in the headlines? Why I can't see Anutin running around and trying to address this problem? What I see as headlines is Phuket Sandbox, and Samui reopening. Go figure.

2 minutes ago, BookShe said:

Why isn't this news is in the headlines? Why I can't see Anutin running around and trying to address this problem? What I see as headlines is Phuket Sandbox, and Samui reopening. Go figure.

I can’t read or speak Thai anything like good enough to be able to understand Thai TV or read Thai newspapers. However, I do wonder if people ever get asked probing questions and get answers from the local media. In the English speaking press, we seem to get “Statements” - “A government spokesperson said etc. Where are the questions which highlight the failures of things said from two weeks ago? I’m assuming never asked as it could cause Loss of Face. What a great tool that is to keep people quiet. Don’t ask me a difficult question you know I can’t answer as it will cause me to be embarrassed and lose face. Bad enough when you are asking about finance issues in a country. When you need answers to pandemic health issues, you need straight questions and straight answers. 

11 minutes ago, BookShe said:

Difficult to write anything positive about it and negative reactions may land you in trouble.  Safer to stick with Samui and Sandboxes.

I was appalled to see how many -ve LINE and farcebook messages the wife got this morning and it's no wonder people are scared, confused and not lining up for that vaccine.

Have heard that Isaan people are building their own isolation huts, in villages, on their temples land.  This is to house the Bangkok region's escapees, already in alarming numbers.  The Monk hotLINE is working toward a viable temporary solution.

Staight answers in LOS? :) 555 I know that  you know, it's never going to happen. It's frustrating yes, but since I don't have anything better to do, I post here theoretical questions. :)

I'm also well aware of the fact that whatever we say here will never going to be addressed. Nobody reads these forums (except a few hundred farang) and nobody in foreign media dares to ask these questions. Like where is the promised 20 million / month  AZ vaccine?  What happened to the promises that everything is under control and the virus is contained? etc :)

11 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Difficult to write anything positive about it and negative reactions may land you in trouble.  Safer to stick with Samui and Sandboxes.

I was appalled to see how many -ve LINE and farcebook messages the wife got this morning and it's no wonder people are scared, confused and not lining up for that vaccine.

Have heard that Isaan people are building their own isolation huts, in villages, on their temples land.  This is to house the Bangkok region's escapees, already in alarming numbers.  The Monk hotLINE is working toward a viable temporary solution.

Please don't mention the word "positive" in your sentence, because it has a different meaning lately. :))))))

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Interesting what you say about the villages. A friend of mine lives near Kalasin and he says people in the surrounding villages are scared of the vaccines and many have said they simply will not have it. Getting the 18-30 year olds to have a shot will be easy. Just get the latest pop-idols from Korea to have it and they will follow. It’s the vulnerable 65+ age group that’s the concern. 

7 minutes ago, BookShe said:

Staight answers in LOS? :) 555 I know that  you know, it's never going to happen. It's frustrating yes, but since I don't have anything better to do, I post here theoretical questions. :)

I'm also well aware of the fact that whatever we say here will never going to be addressed. Nobody reads these forums (except a few hundred farang) and nobody in foreign media dares to ask these questions. Like where is the promised 20 million / month  AZ vaccine?  What happened to the promises that everything is under control and the virus is contained? etc :)

Totally agree. But it’s fun to dream isn’t it. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Interesting what you say about the villages. A friend of mine lives near Kalasin and he says people in the surrounding villages are scared of the vaccines and many have said they simply will not have it. Getting the 18-30 year olds to have a shot will be easy. Just get the latest pop-idols from Korea to have it and they will follow. It’s the vulnerable 65+ age group that’s the concern. 

I attended a vax station in CM today to ascertain the facts.  Very well set up and can handle 400 per day easy. By 2pm they'd only done 10 because no-one else wants you know what, nor any cocktails.   They have no idea when AZ will be available again.

Same in most Isaan villages it seems, they're angry, scared, confused and don't trust Bangkok.

6 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

I attended a vax station in CM today to ascertain the facts.  Very well set up and can handle 400 per day easy. By 2pm they'd only done 10 because no-one else wants you know what, nor any cocktails.   They have no idea when AZ will be available again.

Same in most Isaan villages it seems, they're angry, scared, confused and don't trust Bangkok.

Yes that’s what my friend said. He said a real sense of fear by many. So sad. 

1 hour ago, KaptainRob said:

they're angry, scared, confused and don't trust Bangkok.

And I think with good reason.

Bangkok protects the elites. If it weren't for the fact that this faction wants the money they make off of the people who live in the city, they'd not be caring much about them, either.

We, down south, get the same feeling.  We don't matter unless we are attached to a tourist spot. Anything outside of Phuket and Samui in the south is never-never land for those that should be running an ENTIRE country.

It's ok, the government will be able to set up the new submarines as hospitals fully kitted out with ICU, they just have to amend the order placed with their cousins.

And soon people will be dying on the sidewalk in front of the over-crowded hospitals and their bodies will be stacked up in refrigerated containers because the morgues are overflowing. What a horror show. Incompetence kills.