Travellers from “dark red” and “red” zones must be vaccinated to enter Phuket

Thaiger

Those who aren’t vaccinated against Covid-19, and are travelling from a “dark red” or “red” province, won’t be allowed to enter Phuket… at least for the next couple of weeks. With the rise of coronavirus infections amid the island’s reopening to foreign tourists under the “Sandbox” model, Phuket authorities are tightening restrictions to prevent the spread of the virus. From today until July 31, domestic travellers from “dark red” and “red” zones must be vaccinated to enter Phuket. If they received the AstraZeneca vaccine, they need just a single dose administered at least 14 days before entry. Those who received […]

The post Travellers from “dark red” and “red” zones must be vaccinated to enter Phuket appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Worry not. All those who are refused to enter Phuket are more than welcome to Samui. We have zero positive cases here for 10 days (sure?). It's unfair to the rest of the country, so c'mon people, pack your bags because it's all makes sense. Nope.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Stardust said:

And where they the vaccines especially if they under 60 and not in a special group?

that's where...

49 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

that's where...

Uups tiping mistake

....and where they get the vaccines...

I wanted to write

52 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

that's where...

Sure we hear from hundred of millions doses since a while ..I was asking about real avaiable vaccines!

• Like 1

I think there might be some confusion over what international travellers think is a "sandbox" and what Thais and the Thai Government thinks is a "sandbox". International Tourists are under the impression that Phuket is sealed off from Thais coming to the island, or anyone else for that matter. They expect that the sandbox model was designed to allow only vaccinated international tourists and those having a negative PCR test result prior to departure from the country of origin, would be allowed into Phuket. International Tourists are, after all, the target market, I'm guessing??  

As an international traveller, that's what I would be expecting. But if people from any other province in Thailand are coming into Phuket, it would be a deal breaker for me. No offence intended to Thais from outside the province or within it. Phuket is meant to be a "travel bubble" destination. If that can't be preserved, then it has little chance of success.

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

From today until July 31, domestic travellers from “dark red” and “red” zones must be vaccinated to enter Phuket.

So, no truck drivers etc, that have a good chance of not being vaccinated are not allowed in, or those students as well? Maybe the term should be Domestic Tourists.

Does this mean that local Bangkok Thai citizens who are tested negative can not enter Phuket if they don’t have the vaccine?!? The whole reason I’m going is to see my fiancé I haven’t seen in over a year!! Can someone please clarify?!?

I have question that this raises. I've been in Pattaya on election nights when the bars have been stopped from serving alcohol. Consequently, there are few if any working girls about. When I've discussed this with bar owners, they always say the same thing: "It's ridiculous because most of these girls come from Isaan, and if they want to vote, they have to do so in their own province".

I'm just wondering how the border patrol at Phuket will know if a girl has come from say. BKK, but her home province is somewhere low risk and she claims that is her point of origin, how they will know anything different? Any answers?

3 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

I have question that this raises. I've been in Pattaya on election nights when the bars have been stopped from serving alcohol. Consequently, there are few if any working girls about. When I've discussed this with bar owners, they always say the same thing: "It's ridiculous because most of these girls come from Isaan, and if they want to vote, they have to do so in their own province".

I'm just wondering how the border patrol at Phuket will know if a girl has come from say. BKK, but her home province is somewhere low risk and she claims that is her point of origin, how they will know anything different? Any answers?

They won’t know. It’s all utter nonsense if you actually understand what goes on in Thailand. But it makes for good press and sounds like there is a well thought out plan and being run to international standards. In reality it’s all confusion, clueless and make it up as you go along. But it sounds good and people who don’t know Thailand will think it’s safe. Cynical if you ask me. 

Edited by Soidog
  • Like 1

Please tell me, Why Monks don't get Covid?

I am very respectful of our Monks, However on a recent flight from BKK to HKT after completing 2 weeks in an ASQ. 2 Monks joined the early morning flight. All passengers temp checked in BKK. On arrival in HKT, I had to show my negative PCR test while the Monks were just waved through.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Clive said:

Monks were just waved through

Karma. If the monks caught it, it's the universe reminding them perfection is a voyage, not a destination. If they had it and transmitted it to someone else, well, that's just how things go and life is, after all, nothing but suffering.

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

They won’t know. It’s all utter nonsense if you actually understand what goes on in Thailand. But it makes for good press and sounds like there is a well thought out plan and being run to international standards. In reality it’s all confusion, clueless and make it up as you go along. But it sounds good and people who don’t know Thailand will think it’s safe. Cynical if you ask me. 

The typical scams as usual and everything a mess as usual. 

4 hours ago, Clive said:

Please tell me, Why Monks don't get Covid?

I am very respectful of our Monks, However on a recent flight from BKK to HKT after completing 2 weeks in an ASQ. 2 Monks joined the early morning flight. All passengers temp checked in BKK. On arrival in HKT, I had to show my negative PCR test while the Monks were just waved through.

Logic, common sense or responsibility doesn't exist anymore in Thailand. It is now living in lala bubble, you will experience it on a daily bases nowadays. Better get use to it otherwise you can get crazy or pibah. ?

8 hours ago, Soidog said:

TYVM. It seems that the Thai idea of "foolproof" is the proof of their foolishness.

Under these circumstances, the ID card system is like dual nationality and they chose the one that is most convenient.

15 hours ago, AdamNYC said:

Does this mean that local Bangkok Thai citizens who are tested negative can not enter Phuket if they don’t have the vaccine?!? The whole reason I’m going is to see my fiancé I haven’t seen in over a year!! Can someone please clarify?!?

There have been so many rules and changes to the sandbox rules that I'm confused too!

I'm weighing up when to try and enter the sandbox, to see my (vaccinated) girlfriend from Buriram.  I thought everyone had to be vaccinated, whether Thai or foreigner, to stay in an approved hotel?