Thailand to purchase another 120 million vaccine doses for next year

Thaiger

7 hours ago, BookShe said:

I can. It's simple. As long as you only count the administered vaccines minus sinovac, you will get the correct figures. Procuring vaccines, signing contracts, registering people online, orders for next year are all saving faces to cover their failures. They had over a year grace period to prepare for this. If we accept the fact that only "real" vaccines can bring back "normalcy", then we just have to wait 6 more months before 2022. 

What is this; ",,,,,,,only "real" vaccines can bring back "normalcy",,,,,,?" If you are talking about the big four; Pfz, AZ*, Mod and J&J being 'real' then it will be a long wait. These four jabs were given emergency status until Dec' 2023. These injections are not vaccines at all. They are experimental gene therapies. No one knows what the future effects will be.

Its about time countries started to speak to their people, advising them on their bodies first line of defence, and how to ensure it can best cope with virtually anything, nature can throw at it. I hear virtually nothing , even from the WHO, about good diet and sound living practices.

* AZ not used in the US due to safety concerns. It has not yet been approved by the FDA.

Edited by snapdragon
removed 'yet'
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, BookShe said:

I can. It's simple. As long as you only count the administered vaccines minus sinovac, you will get the correct figures. Procuring vaccines, signing contracts, registering people online, orders for next year are all saving faces to cover their failures. They had over a year grace period to prepare for this. If we accept the fact that only "real" vaccines can bring back "normalcy", then we just have to wait 6 more months before 2022. 

Does the word 'SHAMBOLIC' sound appropriate or familiar?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Objectivance said:

Case of "imported" Tito's, on deck, and two lime trees on standby. 

This sounds good, you are very well prepared ??

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

This sounds good, you are very well prepared ??

Yes. Always good to have friends with large boats.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guevara said:

Does the word 'SHAMBOLIC' sound appropriate or familiar?

Not really :). Unless you mean they are suck. :)

2 hours ago, snapdragon said:

What is this; ",,,,,,,only "real" vaccines can bring back "normalcy",,,,,,?" If you are talking about the big four; Pfz, AZ*, Mod and J&J being 'real' then it will be a long wait. These four jabs were given emergency status until Dec' 2023. These injections are not vaccines at all. They are experimental gene therapies. No one knows what the future effects will be.

Its about time countries started to speak to their people, advising them on their bodies first line of defence, and how to ensure it can best cope with virtually anything, nature can throw at it. I hear virtually nothing , even from the WHO, about good diet and sound living practices.

* AZ not used in the US due to safety concerns. It has not yet been approved by the FDA.

Every vaccine is under the term of "emergency use only" I didn't say that we know the long-term effects of these experimental drugs. But. We received vaccines since we were babies. At the moment you have the option to reject the vaccination based on whatever fears or data you might have. It's your decision. But unless you are an expert in bioscience (I'm sure you aren't) please give me your personal advice to a 50-year-old alcoholic heavy smoker, how to survive the next 2-3 weeks, before I can get home to receive the evil Mrna vaccine.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BookShe said:

Every vaccine is under the term of "emergency use only" I didn't say that we know the long-term effects of these experimental drugs. But. We received vaccines since we were babies. At the moment you have the option to reject the vaccination based on whatever fears or data you might have. It's your decision. But unless you are an expert in bioscience (I'm sure you aren't) please give me your personal advice to a 50-year-old alcoholic heavy smoker, how to survive the next 2-3 weeks, before I can get home to receive the evil Mrna vaccine.

You are talking to the right person BookShe.

If you are going to have the jab because of convenience; as are many people. To travel. to work etc. Then I would say that's a good reason to take a chance. If you are going to take it because of health reasons I would say definitely not.

If you don't or can't stop smoking and drinking, then the only way forward is to maximize your maintenance system. You are a relatively young guy, there is absolutely nothing to fear from C-19.

Stock up on Vitamin A, D and zinc. Get plenty of fresh air and get the sun on as much of your body as you can for 30 minutes each day. Exercise regularly. Don't over do it, but make your walks purposeful. Elevate your heart rate to 50% of resting, for 12 to 15 minutes a day to start, and build up to 30 minutes. So if resting rate is 60 Beats per minute; 90 BPM would be the target.

There are a couple of schools of thought about the use of both Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine. They are essentially anti-parasitic medicines. But as well as killing tape and hook worms, (big problem in Brazil and India especially) it is the chemical gun that opens certain cell that allow acids and enzymes to enter and do good things to the metabolism.

Cut out all sugar. Eat lots of fresh fruit and veg. Drink lots of clean water. Get plenty of decent rest; as opposed to a drunken slumber.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

Edited by snapdragon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BookShe said:

Good comments here @BookShe. 

It really is such a shame what has happened with the vaccination phase. Thailand did a brilliant job in the containment phase and took the hard line that peoples safety was more important than the economy. Instead of using the period of June 2020 to December 2020 being proactive and looking to secure vaccines, it appears little was done. We now have this dreadful situation whereby the economy is under enormous pressure, case numbers and deaths are increasing, and confusion over the vaccine plan continues.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

6 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

You are talking to the right person BookShe.

If you are going to have the jab because of convenience; as are many people. To travel. to work etc. Then I would say that's a good reason to take a chance. If you are going to take it because of health reasons I would say definitely not.

If you don't or can't stop smoking and drinking, then the only way forward is to maximize your maintenance system. You are a relatively young guy, there is absolutely nothing to fear from C-19.

Stock up on Vitamin A, D and zinc. Get plenty of fresh air and get the sun on as much of your body as you can for 30 minutes each day. Exercise regularly. Don't over do it, but make your walks purposeful. Elevate your heart rate to 50% of resting, for 12 to 15 minutes a day to start, and build up to 30 minutes. So if resting rate is 60 Beats per minute; 90 BPM would be the target.

There are a couple of schools of thought about the use of both Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine. They are essentially anti-parasitic medicines. But as well as killing tape and hook worms, (big problem in Brazil and India especially) it is the chemical gun that opens certain cell that allow acids and enzymes to enter and do good things to the metabolism.

Cut out all sugar. Eat lots of fresh fruit and veg. Drink lots of clean water. Get plenty of decent rest; as opposed to a drunken slumber.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

Convenience? No. I belive in science. Travel for what? Travelling isn't fun anymore with all the restrictions. My Thai wife is cookingg for me every day and I eat lot of vegetables. Vitamin D is coming from the sun. My resting BPM is around 90, I guess because of smoking or the drinking. I drive my motorbike without a helmet after 10-15 beers. So as you can see I take quite a bit of risk every day. However, dealing with covid is well above my risk taking treshold. :) Hydroxy is for the republicans and for Bolsenaro. I rather get the Soros and Bill Gates vaccine. Fruits in Thailand is full of sugar, but at least I get some fiber from them. (if my toiled could talk) Water is for animals or for plants. Other than this I fully agree with you :), and I'm drunk again 5555555

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Good comments here @BookShe. 

It really is such a shame what has happened with the vaccination phase. Thailand did a brilliant job in the containment phase and took the hard line that peoples safety was more important than the economy. Instead of using the period of June 2020 to December 2020 being proactive and looking to secure vaccines, it appears little was done. We now have this dreadful situation whereby the economy is under enormous pressure, case numbers and deaths are increasing, and confusion over the vaccine plan continues.   

Many countries around the world, including the EU was paying upfront for the vaccines without knowing who can deliver them in the end. Some bets were off :( but it was a proactive measure to secure whoever can deliver first. Thailand did not participate in this game. Wealthy countries decided to make the Covax program, ensuring that developing countries can get vaccines. Thailand didn't participate in this either. (it was free to join so there is no excuse not to) What we have now is a complete disaster, and I hope I'm not right but the worst is ahead of us.

but Covax has not enough vaccines, makes no differnet for Thailand to be at Covax,

Covax want to get rid of vaccine restrictions to produce in other countries,
but this will not happen

2 minutes ago, satpete said:

but Covax has not enough vaccines, makes no differnet for Thailand to be at Covax,

Covax want to get rid of vaccine restrictions to produce in other countries,
but this will not happen

Sure they don't have enough. But at least they have something. Joining Covax was free and without any drawbacks. Vietnam got Pfizer. How about Thailand? Do they have any?

6 hours ago, annoynimous said:

How did Thailand get in this mess of not being able to secure enough Az supply from it's own local factory?

The timing on Delta's outbreak now should signal the government to consider Emergency action to reserve ALL available Az doses like what India did for Covishield.

Just on a point of information: The EU had contracted several million doses of AZ from the UK. After AZ had signed the contract, the UK then placed an export ban on these. The EU then said, "We have a contract. If you can't supply us with the stuff you are producing in the UK, give us some of the stuff you are producing in the EU for the UK". AZ refused and are now being sued for breach of contract.

That poses the question about TH domestic production of AZ. Should there already be signed contracts elsewhere, what will happen if the TH gov decides to hijack entire shipments destined for elsewhere? Alternately, if they don't will the TH gov have the smarts to state that all future unsigned contracts  are subject to an export licence?

But as others have implied, the real mystery, is why when TH is in a CV crisis, they are waiting until next year for delivery. On the face of it, this might be a good time to have another military coup, to get rid of the current military junta. This current bunch look like they couldn't organise a screw-up in a brothel full of blind nymphomaniacs.

1 hour ago, BookShe said:

Hydroxy is for the republicans and for Bolsenaro. 

Interesting that both Trump and Bolsinaro strongly backed HCQ, and both got CV.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Just on a point of information: The EU had contracted several million doses of AZ from the UK. After AZ had signed the contract, the UK then placed an export ban on these. The EU then said, "We have a contract. If you can't supply us with the stuff you are producing in the UK, give us some of the stuff you are producing in the EU for the UK". AZ refused and are now being sued for breach of contract.

That poses the question about TH domestic production of AZ. Should there already be signed contracts elsewhere, what will happen if the TH gov decides to hijack entire shipments destined for elsewhere? Alternately, if they don't will the TH gov have the smarts to state that all future unsigned contracts  are subject to an export licence?

But as others have implied, the real mystery, is why when TH is in a CV crisis, they are waiting until next year for delivery. On the face of it, this might be a good time to have another military coup, to get rid of the current military junta. This current bunch look like they couldn't organise a screw-up in a brothel full of blind nymphomaniacs.

Yeah. AZ couldn't deliver the agreed contingent towards the EU. On top of this, when the blood clotting cases started to hit the headlines, the EU decided to remove AZ from its vaccine plan. Locally produced AZ is NOT the property of Thailand . No matter how much they want to keep the whole production, they simply can't do that because the vaccine belongs to AZ, based on their know-how. 

Replacing Prayut with a guy named Prayat (or any stupid name) isn't going to make a big difference. I don't think the country needs any more coup. They had quite a few in the last century and I don't see a lot of improvements after all these coups. :)

18 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Interesting that both Trump and Bolsinaro strongly backed HCQ, and both got CV.

And they survived :( God doesn't have humor. That's why I'm an atheist.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BookShe said:

Yeah. AZ couldn't deliver the agreed contingent towards the EU. On top of this, when the blood clotting cases started to hit the headlines, the EU decided to remove AZ from its vaccine plan. Locally produced AZ is NOT the property of Thailand . No matter how much they want to keep the whole production, they simply can't do that because the vaccine belongs to AZ, based on their know-how. 

Replacing Prayut with a guy named Prayat (or any stupid name) isn't going to make a big difference. I don't think the country needs any more coup. They had quite a few in the last century and I don't see a lot of improvements after all these coups. :)

Coups often replace one bad gov with another that is equally so, Would another be just as bad? Just asking.

1 minute ago, JohninDubin said:

Coups often replace one bad gov with another that is equally so, Would another be just as bad? Just asking.

I don't know, but based on historical evidence, the chance to get a better generalissimo at the helm is less than slim. But one thing is for sure. It will not be my fight.

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

Instead of using the period of June 2020 to December 2020 being proactive and looking to secure vaccines, it appears little was done.

"We know how to handle this. We've proven it can be done. What??? Party in Ekkamai you say? Meeting adjourned."

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, BookShe said:

And now this. :)

AstraZeneca will delay its delivery of locally-produced vaccines, extending the delivery period until early next year, a deputy minister said on Thursday.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/29902/astrazeneca-extends-timeline-for-locally-produced-vaccines-delaying-delivery-of-some-vaccines/

Who would have seen this coming?  I'm not going to go back and find all the articles where the government and especially the moron anutin was promising that the situation can be contained (well done) and the locally produced AZ vaccine rollout is going according to plan (well done too)  If you wanna say thank you to these idiots, you can do that here in Samui. They gathered on the beach to celebrate Samui reopen and the 5 FIVE foreign tourist (media workers) who arrived from Bangkok.

Same article in the Bangkok Post.  

"AstraZeneca has asked Thailand to extend the timeline for the delivery of 61 million doses of its Covid-19 vaccine until May next year, Deputy Public Health Minister Sathit Pitutecha said.

The move is expected to disrupt the country's already-slow vaccine rollout further."

What happened with the vaccines that were to be manufactured in Thailand?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“By the third quarter, hospitals and the arms of our fellow Thais will be full of the AstraZeneca vaccine produced in Thailand,” said Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul on 18 February. 

“Why don’t you admire the Thai healthcare system?” he asked. 

“Thailand is the only country in the region that can say we’ll have 63 million vaccine doses,” he claimed. 

“We plan and work systemically. We don’t do Google searches to find bad news, defame, or demotivated those who work,” he lectured.  

“Never surrender,” General Prayut does a Winston Churchill - Thisrupt  <<< This was supposed to be a link to the  article.

Edited by bushav8r

Thailand to purchase another 120 million vaccine doses for next year

This one of those "Free Beer Tomorrow" kind of things? Jan 1 rolls around and they make the same announcement?