Thursday Covid Update: Record high of 98 deaths; 9,186 new cases

Thaiger

A record daily high of 98 coronavirus-related deaths was reported today by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. The CCSA also logged 9,186 new Covid-19 infections, continuing on the trend of daily infections hitting the 8,000s and 9,000s. In the latest and most severe wave of the virus in Thailand, first recorded on April 1, there have been 343,352 confirmed cases. Out of the new cases reported today, 79 were found in correctional facilities. The latest wave of the virus spread to more than a dozen of Thailand’s overcrowded prisons, infecting more than 30,000 inmates. Active testing is being done […]

The post Thursday Covid Update: Record high of 98 deaths; 9,186 new cases appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Yes going up and in the provinces too. My wife tells me that FB is rife with reports, I guess unofficial currently, that the PM will announce at 6 pm today another 10 pm to 4 am nationwide curfew from tomorrow night. Of course the stated aim is to slow down the spread of covid. As we all know covid only spreads at night time so good luck with that. However there is also a secondary opportunity presenting itself perhaps with these measures as it makes it easier to monitor people, or groups of people, who may wish to be a bit antagonistic perhaps at night time. You know the ones, Ghosts and those wild spirits !!!

50 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A record daily high of 98 coronavirus-related deaths was reported today by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. The CCSA also logged 9,186 new Covid-19 infections, continuing on the trend of daily infections hitting the 8,000s and 9,000s. In the latest and most severe wave of the virus in Thailand, first recorded on April 1, there have been 343,352 confirmed cases. Out of the new cases reported today, 79 were found in correctional facilities. The latest wave of the virus spread to more than a dozen of Thailand’s overcrowded prisons, infecting more than 30,000 inmates. Active testing is being done […]

The post Thursday Covid Update: Record high of 98 deaths; 9,186 new cases appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Interesting was the article yesterday in the Vientiane times that more than 15% of the Laotian returnees from Thailand were tested positiv of covid. This quote shouldnt be higher than 5% otherwise Thailand is in big trouble. Just take the quote of 10% in Thailand that means 7 million people positiv. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Interesting was the article yesterday in the Vientiane times that more than 15% of the Laotian returnees from Thailand were tested positiv of covid. This quote shouldnt be higher than 5% otherwise Thailand is in big trouble. Just take the quote of 10% in Thailand that means 7 million people positiv. 

Or the Laotian returnees were in high risk areas such as migrant labor camps so it doesn't extrapolate to the general Thai population at all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KhunG said:

Or the Laotian returnees were in high risk areas such as migrant labor camps so it doesn't extrapolate to the general Thai population at all.

The medics say something different and was alarmingly high for them.

14 minutes ago, Stardust said:

The medics say something different and was alarmingly high for them.

I had a look.  Please point out where the medics said something different - again my statement was the Laotian returnees could be from high risk areas such as migrant labor camps.

• Like 1

The situation is getting desperate - clearly Covid infections are already or are very close to being beyond the Thai Govts ability to control them.  Buckle up and hunker down people - keep yourselves and all your older friends and family  (60+) away from other people.  Looks like Thailand is heading in the same direction as all of the rest of SEAsia - the C19 infection (Delta version?) is spreading rapidly.  I hope that it doesnt swamp the medical services like it did in India and Indonesia. But it is not looking good.

• Like 2

Record high huh? Well. If you look at the growing numbers in ICU and on ventillators, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that todays record won't hold for too long :(

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KhunG said:

I had a look.  Please point out where the medics said something different - again my statement was the Laotian returnees could be from high risk areas such as migrant labor camps.

Please read the articles by yourself and I dont know where this Lations come from and it is a guess from you. I only read these articles and I not have any informations about their backrounds. I am just a reader.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KhunG said:

In the article they call it a threat to the nation and this is not the only article about it. 

If we think that pointing out a group to blame and without these groups the situation would be just fine, we are just as stupid as the government. If we think without the ThongLor accident, or without the migrant workers we wouldn't have this situation we are nothing better than Anutin. 

25 minutes ago, KhunG said:

Sorry I have to correct me the other article was at the Laotion times not Vientiane times and they wrote this high numbers are a threat to their nation but they not write anything about your guessing.

1 minute ago, Stardust said:

Sorry I have to correct me the other article was at the Laotion times not Vientiane times and they wrote this high numbers are a threat to their nation but they not write anything about your guessing.

The point is you attempted to extrapolate a high infection rate among returning Laotians to the Thai population: 

57 minutes ago, Stardust said:

This quote shouldnt be higher than 5% otherwise Thailand is in big trouble. Just take the quote of 10% in Thailand that means 7 million people positiv. 

As they are very likely returning from the migrant labor camps that the Thai government let everyone know they were going to lock down before they locked them down, it doesn't extrapolate to the general Thai population.

Also:

49 minutes ago, Stardust said:

The medics say something different and was alarmingly high for them.

The "medics" said nothing about the origin of the Laotian returnees.

• Like 2

One thing for sure, is it's staying at those newer level high publicized daily numbers. Just a matter of when  that official publicly released threshold pops to 10,000 and 100.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

One thing for sure, is it's staying at those newer level high publicized daily numbers. Just a matter of when  that official publicly released threshold pops to 10,000 and 100.

Unfortunately you're probably correct.  Also pre-disclosing they were going to seal the labor camps is causing large spikes in the provinces that were doing well before the exodus.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KhunG said:

The point is you attempted to extrapolate a high infection rate among returning Laotians to the Thai population: 

As they are very likely returning from the migrant labor camps that the Thai government let everyone know they were going to lock down before they locked them down, it doesn't extrapolate to the general Thai population.

Also:

The "medics" said nothing about the origin of the Laotian returnees.

They said is alarmingly high and a threat to their nation. Dont write guessings!

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

This quote shouldnt be higher than 5% otherwise Thailand is in big trouble. Just take the quote of 10% in Thailand that means 7 million people positiv. 

6 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Dont write guessings!

35 minutes ago, KhunG said:

The margins for what is too high is not from me by the way, also the margins of 17% of positive in Thai hospitals at testing the Thai medics also said it is alarmingly high. And this is by their quotes not by mine! But you seams to know it better then them and also you seams to know more than this Lao doctor and deputy prime minister about it is not too high and that are all from a construction camp but I not find anything about that. But maybe you can bring us light and backround why you know more about what they say. 

12 minutes ago, Stardust said:

The margins for what is too high is not from me by the way, also the margins of 17% of positive in Thai hospitals at testing the Thai medics also said it is alarmingly high. And this is by their quotes not by mine! But you seams to know it better then them and also you seams to know more than this Lao doctor and deputy prime minister about it is not too high and that are all from a construction camp but I not find anything about that. But maybe you can bring us light and backround why you know more about what they say. 

Please, supposition and facts are common enemies when writing a good story

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

Please, supposition and facts are common enemies when writing a good story

We will see if you are right, I hope so too. But I guess their worry is if the number is to high their health system will collapse because they not have enough beds and medical workers. I think that is their perspective of what margin is to high. I hope I am wrong

Great maybe people do not know but provinces that almost has none now have 10x more, but who cares let 's make some more sandboxes.. handled as crap like with everything,  no vaccines, no progress whatsoever

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Great maybe people do not know but provinces that almost has none now have 10x more, but who cares let 's make some more sandboxes.. handled as crap like with everything,  no vaccines, no progress whatsoever

Presumably you understand how that happened ?