"Scheme" is the correct term for these reopening plans

TonyToneToni

When I think of the word "scheme" , I picture a bunch of thieves planning to rob a bank or some other type of criminal behavior. A scheme is a plan but I think a better word should have been chosen for the reopening of Thailand. But maybe its fitting because like most schemes, this has been bungled and poorly executed. "No tourists will arrive in Koh Samui tomorrow, the first day of the island’s reopening under the “Samui Plus” travel scheme, similar to the “Phuket Sandbox.” Only 4 foreign tourists are expected on Friday." Hmmmnn, why is that I wonder? Because people don't want to spend their time and money to fly half way around the globe to sit in a hotel or have to go thru enough red tape like they are applying for a high security government job. Thailand should have waited, vaccinated the majority of the population [ which is also being handled very poorly ] and then open the country, without all of the restrictions. Now the is another lockdown, which they dont want to call a lockdown. Lol, maybe they can call it a "shut-in scheme" or something else colorful. Thai people and businesses are hurting while the powers that be make decisions like the Three Stooges. I hope they get their shit together soon.

7 hours ago, TonyToneToni said:

I hope they get their shit together soon.

Now, that is some wishful thinking.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, TonyToneToni said:

When I think of the word "scheme" , I picture a bunch of thieves planning to rob a bank or some other type of criminal behavior.

Were you around for the "Rice Scheme"? Now *that* was a scheme.

• Cool 1

On 7/15/2021 at 9:49 AM, TonyToneToni said:

When I think of the word "scheme" , I picture a bunch of thieves planning to rob a bank or some other type of criminal behavior. A scheme is a plan but I think a better word should have been chosen for the reopening of Thailand.

yes me too. the word scheme here does not have the negative connotation like in the USA. 

but it should. 555

• Haha 1