Government forging ahead with mixed vaccines, amid doubts and confusion

Thaiger

The Thai government plans to go ahead with a proposal to combine vaccines from different manufacturers, in an effort to boost immunity against the Delta variant. The move comes after a World Health Organisation scientist warned against the practice, raising concerns among the Thai public. Following reports that PM Prayut Chan-o-cha was questioning the decision, government spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri has issued a statement to clarify the PM’s position. According to the Bangkok Post, Anucha says the PM is not against combining vaccines, but has called for a detailed study of the policy. His comments follow a warning from WHO chief […]

The post Government forging ahead with mixed vaccines, amid doubts and confusion appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The reason the WHO is correctly urging causation is that there is no science nor any research as yet to support mix and match.

First, the vaccines work differently. For example the MRNA ones of Pfizer and Morna make a protein in your body which  then prompts antibodies. The Pfizer and J&J vaccines inject a piece of spike protein, from which you immediately make antibodies to that protein.

Secondly, the FDA has added heart damage to the warnings on side-effects for the mRNA vaccines; whereas the Spike protein ones seem to prompt antibodies that can cause blood clots in some people. What would happen if the two were mixed? No one knows.

Thirdly, it is possible that - given the recent data that one shot of each of these only gives about 60% protection, mathematicians will simply say 2x60 is more than a hundred.  Unfortunately, no one has told the immune system this theory yet.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, stuhan said:

Absolutely no way will i ever accept  this until it's proven beyond any doubt to be 100% safe,it completely nuts.

Dude, waking up in the morning has proven not to be 100% safe.

• Like 1

Oh so the second vaccine injection after your AstraZeneca shot will be Sinovac. Must be the only way to use them up, after such a large purchase.

7 hours ago, stuhan said:

Absolutely no way will i ever accept  this until it's proven beyond any doubt to be 100% safe,it completely nuts.

None of the vaccines have been proven to be 100% safe and they most likely will never be.  Not sure about you but I have put a lot worse things in my body over the years.  At this point I feel the need to do whatever I can to help get past thiS Covid stuff.   There are some studies that have been done about old style vaccines and mRNA vaccine cross.  So far they seem promising.  That is not 100 % proven and neither is two jabs of the same vaccine.    For me I don’t mind crossing them.