Frosted over headlights

Santa

Dunno what the correct terminology is but my headlights, on my Fortuner, look frosted over. I understand that it can be corrected by polishing out the lense. But how long does that 'polishing last ? The other option is new headlights. Anyone any idea as to costs?

• Like 1

Yeah, basically you're looking at a thin layer of sun damage. If you've got a polisher it's pretty easy, a bit harder by hand. Instead of one of the kits you could use scouring powder and an abrasive polish in turn. You basically need to rub off the damage and then rub out the little scratches rubbing off the damage caused. When you're done use a liquid polish with UV inhibitors (make sure it's plastic-safe) to protect your work. (Or you could take the car to a body shop and have them do it.) Whoever does it should last about as long as the original damage took to set in. Longer if you keep a protective coating on.

• Like 1