Hua Hin aims to reopen to international travellers October 1

Thaiger

Following in the intrepid footsteps of Phuket and now Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, and Koh Tao, the coastal city of Hua Hin has set its sights on reopening to international travellers on October 1.  The provincial governor of Prachuap Khiri Khan made the announcement today despite Covid-19 infection numbers growing in the province. The plan to reopen has been in the works and much anticipated as the coastal resort town that usually generates a fair amount of tourism has struggled to survive during the Covid-19 pandemic with its restrictions and closures. Last week a coalition of bar, nightlife, and entertainment […]

The post Hua Hin aims to reopen to international travellers October 1 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

Until the long list of entry requirements go away . I won’t even dream of visiting. Europe is wide open in the interim. The EU will get Asia’s tourist dollars until the paranoia subsides. 

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Will cha am opening on October 1 also 

Won't be long they will have to open regardless, they can't keep loosing 20% of their GDP 

1 minute ago, PhayakPeter said:

Won't be long they will have to open regardless, they can't keep loosing 20% of their GDP 

Last I heard they started to start lockdown. 8pm to 4am last I heard. 

13 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

Never knew they had an airport. I’ve been driving there for years from Bangkok

Then you have been driving past it every time you went then

Open - why not.  But open sure is different than full, teeming, crowded, jammed, and packed.  Open is synonymous with blank, bare, empty, vacant, void.  You can open a door but it doesn't mean anybody is going to walk through it.  With all the turmoil in Thailand there is little incentive for people to travel for a "relaxing vacation."   Come and enjoy our dark zones, closed facilities,  impromptu lockdowns, etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thomas said:

Will cha am opening on October 1 also 

No, to Cha Am will be closed to outsiders forever.  I was the last farang allowed in and we don't need any more. ;) 

1 hour ago, 9S_ said:

Never knew they had an airport. I’ve been driving there for years from Bangkok

You will have to continue to drive from Bangkok. The tiny airport (one counter, one gate, one luggage carousel, one airline, AsiaAir) previously only had one flight (3 days a week) to Kuala Lumpur. When the borders closed AsiaAir swapped in a few weekly domestic flights to Chaing Mai and Udon Thani. 
currently there are no flights operating 

I wouldn’t mind making it part of a vacation. However I sure wouldn’t plan a 2-3 week vacation around it. I don’t see how it works for international travelers unless Bangkok opens at the same time. 

8 hours ago, gummy said:

Then you have been driving past it every time you went then

Wasn't flights from Bangkok anyway never enough passengers to make it viable 

Just now, PhayakPeter said:

Wasn't flights from Bangkok anyway never enough passengers to make it viable 

Sorry why is that relevant. The post was about Hua Hin airport , not how many flights there were.

39 minutes ago, gummy said:

Sorry why is that relevant. The post was about Hua Hin airport , not how many flights there were.

It was answering the commenters post about availability of flights from Bangkok to Hua Hin. Relevant because he assumed he could fly from BKK to HHQ.

8 minutes ago, Colin said:

It was a fair enough observation. If it had been possible to transit at BKK, I would have spent many fewer hours in the back of a taxi over the years....

1st class bus from BKK Airport ฿800

Edited by PhayakPeter
Miss spelling

1 minute ago, D2B2 said:

It was answering the commenters post about availability of flights from Bangkok to Hua Hin. Relevant because he assumed he could fly from BKK to HHQ.

Sorry but I responded to the poster who said he did not know there was an airport in Hua Hin. The other comments came later. That's the problem when you jump into a thread rather than read it from the beginning, things get out of context

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

Sorry but I responded to the poster who said he did not know there was an airport in Hua Hin. The other comments came later. That's the problem when you jump into a thread rather than read it from the beginning, things get out of context

May have only us or UK keyboard 

2 minutes ago, Colin said:

Yes, indeed, but I have found an HH driver with a limo who always seems happy to run me there and (eventually) back. No way I would get in an airport taxi, metered or not !

New buses one row of single seats and one row of double seats. All buses and meter taxis at bbk need to be less than 5 years old 

On 7/15/2021 at 12:50 AM, CSRet said:

Until the long list of entry requirements go away . I won’t even dream of visiting. Europe is wide open in the interim. The EU will get Asia’s tourist dollars until the paranoia subsides. 

The EU, playing politics as usual, will not get Asias tourist dollars as it doesn't recognise either the Chinese or Russian vaccines both of which are widely used in Asia.