Require Recommendations for mid-range price tablet

Andrew Reeve

Looking for good recommendations for tablets as my current tablet is now over 4 years old and beginning to do strange things, such as freezing and only loading half a screen and dropping WiFi.  At the time the  "Acer Zen pad 10" was a good buy and we certainly got our usage out of it.

A mid-range price tablet and exclude Apple would be ideal.

Hi, Andrew,

Re the tablet replacement, I've just assigned my youngest boy, Ben (IT technologist by profession and the one who highly rated my MBW book!), to advise on his favoured brands. Only last week, he said this in one of his emails, ' . . . setting up some laptops and tablets for new staff at Kilrock . . . ',  so I reckon he'll be up to his you-know-whats in tablets at the moment.

Just give him a few minutes to reply but I know that, overall, he likes Acer, as per his recommending one for my recent Desktop PC change, an Acer Aspire model from the local 'Advice' store and it's absolutely top-drawer.

I'll get back to you with Ben's verdict.

KC

Hi, King Cotton

Did Ben get back to you with some recommendations on Tablets, as I am very keen to upgrade to a newer model.

Thank you 

Hi, Andrew,

No, not yet. Did you leave a message on his contact page on his website? He would have given that more priority, maybe.

He left a quick 'hello' message, during last night, saying he'd mail later today, but I guess he must have had a pretty hectic Friday, maybe with a client or two wanting sorting before weekend. You can imagine how things may be for a fairly new start-up business like Ben's, not wanting to let anyone down.

And poor old 'Dad' gets put to the bottom of the queue.

I'll mail him, right now, to see if he's there.

Like I said on Tuesday, I know that he highly rates Acer for their build quality and reliability, but let's see if he gives me a quick reply. I'll be clocking-off, soon.

KC

Hi, Andrew

Boy, that was quick. Ben says  . . .

'I'd say any model in the Samsung Tab series if available are very good, but a new Acer would be good too.'

. . . So, Samsung Tab favourite, Acer second favourite is the professional's view.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this . . . bleedin' kids (:-)

• Cool 1

Hi King Cotton

I have decided on the following tablet and will order it tomorrow and thank you for the advice.

ACER ACTAB1021 10" Tablet - 32 GB, 

The tablet display gives a clear and vibrant picture. All of the usual Google apps are preinstalled and there is 32 GB of space. Plus, the storage can be extended up to 512 GB with a SD card so I can add all of my favorite apps, photos and videos. Battery life is standard with 9.5 hours.

• Cool 1

Sorry, Andrew … I don't know how I missed this conclusion to your tablet quest. Still finding my feet around this all-embracing system!

The Acer machine sounds mega-powerful and I see that it has some mega ratings, too. Good choice and I'll let Ben know; he'll be pleased that you're sorted!

• Thanks 1

Good news King Cotton as my new tablet arrived an hour ago and already have it up and running and getting used to it.

• Like 1

Forgot to say before i placed my order, I had a change of mind and went with a more expensive laptop, purchased from Amazon as it had good ratings and good reviews.

Acer Chromebook Spin 311 Convertible Laptop