Vietnam considers strict regulations for social media live streaming

Thaiger

Regulations on social media live streaming could soon be tightening in Vietnam and affect so-called “influencers” who make money off of marketing. In an effort to crack down on “fake news” and offensive content, the country’s Ministry of Information and Communications is proposing regulations on the live videos streamed through Facebook, TikTok and YouTube. Under the proposed measures, reported by the Vietnam media outlet VN Express, social media accounts need to register in Vietnam before hosting live stream marketing videos. Social media outlets like Facebook, TikTok and YouTube will be told to block or take down flagged content within 24 […]

The post Vietnam considers strict regulations for social media live streaming appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The world is going nuts. What is all of this stupid power control. People want freedom not BS restraints, like even here is clamping down more and more and more each week on things.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

People want freedom not BS restraints...

But it's not about what the people want, it's about what those in power want - in order to stay in power.

Haven't you notice, around the world, that authoritarianism is on the rise; Hungary, Brasil, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam...the list goes on,

Social media allows the populace to share and the government doesn't want them sharing, it wants them quiet, cowed and productive, paying homage and taxes to the elite rulers.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

5 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

But it's not about what the people want, it's about what those in power want - in order to stay in power.

Haven't you notice, around the world, that authoritarianism is on the rise; Hungary, Brasil, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam...the list goes on,

Social media allows the populace to share and the government doesn't want them sharing, it wants them quiet, cowed and productive, paying homage and taxes to the elite rulers.

Yes I have noticed and that is why I posted something that I really want to open my window and scream out at the top of my megaphone lungs. The top of the evil is China. I really big hate the CCP for what they are doing, but yes it is all around us, even in our Thailand backyard we are seeing freedoms being silenced and it is BS. I have kids here so take a big interest as it is their lives in the future.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I have kids here so take a big interest as it is their lives in the future.

Don't worry, comrade, the state will take good care of them.

32 minutes ago, SickBuffalo said:

Don't worry, comrade, the state will take good care of them.

Yeah they could do worse and go to the USA and take a side there. Totally divided and a crap hole it has become there. don't get me wrong, love the USA and has some wonderful places, but I am only a visitor there now. Still have a bunch of places to show the kids, a few more Basketball games to see, and some getting together with my old friends. But past that it will be staying here another 30 years if I can make it that long.

• Like 2

Hope it does not affect this guy, he's been doing this charity work for years, sometimes at the expense of his own health. Any donation he gets he hands out to various deserving people. These kids are kidney patients