Phuket finds another visitor has Covid, total now stands at 7

Thaiger

Yesterday, another visitor to Phuket was discovered to be infected with Covid. The discovery brings Phuket’s total infected visitors to 7, says provincial public health chief Kusak Kukiatikoon, today. Dr Kusak revealed that case number 7 comes from a South African woman who is a friend of the South African man who health officials had previously determined to be infected with Covid. No further information was provided on the case or whether this would affect the Phuket Sandbox Yesterday, the Thaiger wrote how Dr Kusak said the trickle of Covid cases found in Phuket was expected. SOURCE: Bangkok Post

The post Phuket finds another visitor has Covid, total now stands at 7 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So that's another one, how many close contacts have had to quarantine ?

ASQ must be loving all these unplanned guests for the 15 day quarantine. 

1 minute ago, Graham said:

ASQ must be loving all these unplanned guests for the 15 day quarantine. 

They couldn’t have scripted it better. 

19 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

They couldn’t have scripted it better. 

yep....and the way everything else in snowballing wrong....this fumbling bumbling set of losers will add yet another black mark for tourism for the country cuz it just ain't ready.....did not take a prophet to see all this either......................................... :(

As is / was the case with the lack of regular updates in terms of numbers of people vaccinated (which was published and available daily in UK) I very much doubt that the numbers quarantined in Sandbox(es) will be published.  That might allow people to make their own informed decisions, and that can never be allowed to happen.

• Cool 2

Because vaccinated people can’t catch or carry the virus according to some people.  ?‍♂️ Having the virus doesn’t mean anything. Being sick enough to be hospitalized is a much better indication of a potential problem. 

I wonder what the CT number is on these PCR test. I heard in America that if you were vaccinated they would run it to 28 cycles and if you were unvaccinated would run it to 38 cycles. doing their best to create a situation to support their vaccines Bit of a bummer if all these people Turn out to be victims of a faulty test. If the Thai authorities are running 44CT cycles it is not worth the risk of going there. As far as I’m concerned, every country should advertise how stringent their testing regime is

What I find most concerning about this story, is that contrary to my previous assumption, these two S. Africans were not treated with Sinovax, but either J&J or Pfizer, as these were the only ones approved for use In SA to date.

So far, we have 7 foreign infections and these can be broken down as one Sinovax recipient, 2 for non-sinovax, three unvaxxed kids, and one unknown.

16 hours ago, SickBuffalo said:

We should set up a subforum for them. We could double the size of ThaigerTalk.

If want to double the size just start a thread about thai bargirls or who has the best burger....seems to work

• Haha 1

I wonder if the 7 had it on arrival or if some(most) actually caught it from locals that haven't been vaccinated.  I would imagine there are a lot of hands involved in the supply chains to the restaurants and hotels.