Thammasat University Hospital needs shipping containers to help overwhelmed morgue

Thaiger

Thammasat University Hospital, located in central Thailand’s Pathum Thani Province, is running out of room in its morgue and is now looking for shipping containers to store the remains of Covid victims. The hospital posted on Facebook to say it anticipates Covid cases to surpass 10,000 soon, as health officials increase their testing efforts in high risk areas. The Thammasat hospital has seen more and more patients coming in for Covid treatment. 4 Covid patients even required CPR at the emergency room prior to being transferred to the ICU, says the post. Further, the hospital keeps accepting referrals from throughout […]

The post Thammasat University Hospital needs shipping containers to help overwhelmed morgue appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

18 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thammasat University Hospital, located in central Thailand’s Pathum Thani Province, is running out of room in its morgue and is now looking for shipping containers to store the remains of Covid victims. The hospital posted on Facebook to say it anticipates Covid cases to surpass 10,000 soon, as health officials increase their testing efforts in high risk areas. The Thammasat hospital has seen more and more patients coming in for Covid treatment. 4 Covid patients even required CPR at the emergency room prior to being transferred to the ICU, says the post. Further, the hospital keeps accepting referrals from throughout […]

The post Thammasat University Hospital needs shipping containers to help overwhelmed morgue appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Oh dear this is looking serious now. Mind you the government has plenty of shipping containers available as they used them as defences around certain areas when the students were protesting but guess non of them were reefers which would be required. Mind you it is not saying much when a university say they are looking for them. 2 seconds on google came up with this

https://thaireefer.co.th/refrigerated-container-for-sale/?gclid=CjwKCAjw87SHBhBiEiwAukSeURYR8dNXHnEuh1hbxtbP1cfUUpeYReqag9RkVY_VfNEIV2r0xDvufxoCtmUQAvD_BwE

8 minutes ago, gummy said:

Mind you it is not saying much when a university say they are looking for them. 2 seconds on google came up with this

But does this place rent them for the right Thai price? They will be trying to get them for the cheapest rental possible. 

1 minute ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

But does this place rent them for the right Thai price? They will be trying to get them for the cheapest rental possible. 

Well may be cheaper to buy them if they need them long term which it looks like they possible will with very low vaccination counts. But the government will be paying anyway not the university hospital.

Well… even the non “superior” vaccines that are already in the market are almost impossible to get at this moment :/ so what are the options? Please do tell Thai government…. 

43 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

They will have to destroy them after as no one will rent a covid 19 refrigerated container and take it back. Just not going to happen.

I do not trust and can not advocate the acceptance of Sinovac or any other Chinese manufactured vaccine.  They have no quality control.  Basically worthless against B/D variants of covid.  I am not a Doctor, but I have read more than one disappointing report concerning the efficacy of that vaccine.  Sure, there are some problems with some of the other vaccines, but the numbers are way lower for Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna.  I am not a fan of J&J either, but again, from what I have read, even J&J “seems” to have a better track record.  Look, I am not, repeat NOT an expert or a medically train MD.  I am only sharing what I have read, watched, or seen first hand.  So please, do your own research, and at least try to make the most informed decision you can when choosing a vaccine if you haven’t gotten one yet.  My kids and I got the Pfizer vaccine and had zero problems.  No, I do not work for or hold stock in Pfizer.  
Just one guys opinion,

KT50

53 minutes ago, KT50 said:

I do not trust and can not advocate the acceptance of Sinovac or any other Chinese manufactured vaccine.  They have no quality control.  Basically worthless against B/D variants of covid.  I am not a Doctor, but I have read more than one disappointing report concerning the efficacy of that vaccine.  Sure, there are some problems with some of the other vaccines, but the numbers are way lower for Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna.  I am not a fan of J&J either, but again, from what I have read, even J&J “seems” to have a better track record.  Look, I am not, repeat NOT an expert or a medically train MD.  I am only sharing what I have read, watched, or seen first hand.  So please, do your own research, and at least try to make the most informed decision you can when choosing a vaccine if you haven’t gotten one yet.  My kids and I got the Pfizer vaccine and had zero problems.  No, I do not work for or hold stock in Pfizer.  
Just one guys opinion,

KT50

There are very many of us in Thailand who would just like the opportunity of getting any vaccine. Pfizer would be my choice currently given the reports but I'm sure others will be developed, just as good eventually

Edited by gummy

12 minutes ago, gummy said:

There are very many of us in Thailand who would just like the opportunity of getting any vaccine. Pfizer would be my choice currently given the reports but I'm sure others will be developed, just as good eventually

To help you decide which covid-vaccine is the right one for you, this article will be of great help...

> https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/2081-ccc-the-controversial-covid-corner/?do=findComment&comment=12661